• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I wish I had time to watch TV. Problem is if I start a TV series I have to finish it one sitting.
My all time favourite reality TV show is Formal Wars. I think it might only be in Australia but basically it's just a show where the parents decide everything for their daughters formal. Just things like what they wear, who their date is, how they get there. The drama is incredible! It's so funny watching these girls have a fit because her mum doesn't know the shoes don't match the dress. It's the best thing ever at 11 o'clock at night.

Years
Like most, my TV is on for noise as well, but often I do wind up watching whatever is on.. for some odd reason though I can never seem to "function" without noise flowing through my head so whenever I'm back in my bedroom on my computer I always have either music or the TV on.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
Like most, my TV is on for noise as well, but often I do wind up watching whatever is on.. for some odd reason though I can never seem to "function" without noise flowing through my head so whenever I'm back in my bedroom on my computer I always have either music or the TV on.

I'm the opposite, I can't function when there is noise. I have my TV on most of the time. Half the time is on cartoons for Diana, and the other half is because there's something I want to watch on. I watch way too much TV.

Years
I'm the opposite, I can't function when there is noise. I have my TV on most of the time. Half the time is on cartoons for Diana, and the other half is because there's something I want to watch on. I watch way too much TV.
I find myself watching too much TV Cartoon Network, so don't feel alone :P but I will say though that if it's bad to where I cannot stand lack of noise, then school is not the place for me to be, especially in a class when the teacher isn't lecturing but wants things silent xD

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I find myself watching too much TV Cartoon Network, so don't feel alone :P but I will say though that if it's bad to where I cannot stand lack of noise, then school is not the place for me to be, especially in a class when the teacher isn't lecturing but wants things silent xD

I was lucky for the fact that my teachers understood that sometimes noise helps concentration (especially when you're listening to your favourite music), and would let us listen to our iPods and such when they weren't lecturing.

Years
I was lucky for the fact that my teachers understood that sometimes noise helps concentration (especially when you're listening to your favourite music), and would let us listen to our iPods and such when they weren't lecturing.
OMG lucky Dx

Here you couldn't listen to music anytime (per school rules, which have always been broken about this) even during times in which the teachers aren't lecturing. I'm out of high school now, so there's no way a college professor would permit the same thing :(

Years
I thought it was really stupid how cell phones weren't allowed in my school (and many other schools). One time an issue came up at home where my dad had to be hospitalized and if I had actually not taken my phone with me then.. yeah. v_v

Sirfetch’d

Luckily at our school we wouldn't get in trouble for having our phones, but if they were seen out in class there would be punishments depending on the teacher.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
They have it both subbed and dubbed! I got really excited that I finally got to watch the show in Japanese...only to find out that for whatever reason (probably nostalgia), I ended up liking the dub better.
Maybe because of the puns? That seems to be a reason why a lot of people favor the dub. The subbed version doesn't have any puns, but I feel like in 02 it does a better job with Ken sometimes. Like there is this conversation Ken has with Izzy/Koushirou in 02 and in the english version they talk about something different and there are no feels to it and ahh. But that's probably just me hee.

I think these days a lot of schools allow cell phones to be brought to school but not be used in the classroom. That way if there is an extreme emergency or something or you need it for after school then you have it. School who still don't even allow them on campus are kind of dumb in my opinion.

Years
I don't recall phones being allowed period in my school and sometimes they'd even check through our bags to make sure. That was awful. People shoved their phones in their shoes to hide them, haha. D:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I legit wonder how people students got stuck at school for a while because of that. There are so many variables these days that can cause someone to miss the bus, be picked up late, etc that phones are a good thing to have on hand. Also after school programs what about the students who had those. :'(

You were allowed to have a phone at my school but it had to be silenced/off and you weren't allowed to take it out during class. Unless you had an easygoing teacher who didn't care haha.

Years
I didn't have a mobile phone when I was a younger teenager so whenever I had to call my mum to pick me up, I'd have to use the payphone by the reception and it was at times embarassing cause all the other kids had mobile phones V____V

Years
I didn't have a mobile phone when I was a younger teenager so whenever I had to call my mum to pick me up, I'd have to use the payphone by the reception and it was at times embarassing cause all the other kids had mobile phones V____V

I didn't get a phone until I was 16 or so, and by then everyone else around me had one too. XD;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I didn't get one until I was about .. 14? 14 or 15 since it was in tenth grade. Though I didn't have it long because someone stole my cell phone. Then my second I lost at the college campus. Managed to not lose my third cell phone though! Never mind I dropped it in an orange shake and had to replace it but shhh

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I was 16/17 when I got my first mobile. It was the diamond hard phone known as Nokia that when dropped from a building would make an impact of a meteorite.
I used to have one. And I had my first phone at 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back