• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Well i wouldn't ask without searchign first but, the answer didn't help me 100%

After i tried to resize a map in A-map 1.95 Im getting this "Invalid pointer to map header" error.
S
earched if someone else had this problem before and giradialkia did, and they told him to re-download a new version of A-map, did that but im still getting this error.

I hope theres a solution to his or im screwed ;-;

Or if someone can PM me his A-map version if that is allowed and possible.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Well i wouldn't ask without searchign first but, the answer didn't help me 100%

After i tried to resize a map in A-map 1.95 Im getting this "Invalid pointer to map header" error.
S
earched if someone else had this problem before and giradialkia did, and they told him to re-download a new version of A-map, did that but im still getting this error.

I hope theres a solution to his or im screwed ;-;

Or if someone can PM me his A-map version if that is allowed and possible.

Yeah, I just use Amap 1.92 for mapping and 1.91 for inserting maps. I haven't downloaded the new version yet, but I've never had any errors using those two. "Invalid pointer to map header" -- What is your map header? Change it to the default in FireRed/whatever rom you're using. See if that fixes it.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
"Invalid pointer to map header" -- What is your map header? Change it to the default in FireRed/whatever rom you're using. See if that fixes it.

Unfurtunately my A-map doesn't let me have acess on that certain map anymore(which is pallett town), since it gives me that error and no map shows up anymore ;-;

Well I was thinking if i could skip that map entirely and don't use it, or even delete it entirely and create a new map on some other free space, idk if that could be a solution?

Thanks for the reply though :>

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
So, I've got a few questions here, any help is appreciated :)

1. I'm attempting to change the pokemon logo on the title screen of emerald. The image goes across fine but the palette I'm changing in APE does not seem to do anything. I'm using this offset in APE 00DDE258, does anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

2. I was wondering whether it would be possible to make it that rather than having a choice of boy/girl in the beginning of the game whether it would work to have it so you have multiple characters to choose from? Or is there a script function to change the characters OW? or does it require ASM?

1. I searched using the Pallet editor in VBA on my BPEE rom and found the offset of the Rayquaza's pallet in the title screen to be 0x00DDE418 and the pallet for the glow on its body to be at 0x00D8BA54.

2. You can change the character in FireRed using JPAN's hacked engine. To make the change at the beginning in the selection area will require ASM or a very, very fancy script with lots of variables and picture boxes.

Look in the spoiler for a past post on removing the intro. From their, if you know what flags and stuff to write, you could try writing your own ASM or script to make it work:
Spoiler:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Unfurtunately my A-map doesn't let me have acess on that certain map anymore(which is pallett town), since it gives me that error and no map shows up anymore ;-;

Well I was thinking if i could skip that map entirely and don't use it, or even delete it entirely and create a new map on some other free space, idk if that could be a solution?

Thanks for the reply though :>

I wouldn't ignore it, it could come back and mess things up in future (what if it happens to other maps?). Try HackMew's patching method (in his tutorial thread). That thing has never failed me lol.

Years
Fade? You mean like disappear?

It's disappear 0xPersonEventNumber
set a flag after that if you want it to be permanent (and change the person ID on A-map to that flag #)

Yes disappear like the rocket grunt after you help bill in fire red and i'm using pksv by the way and this is my script

'-----------------------
#org 0x740001
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1 0x0 0x8740018 0x8740051
msgbox 0x8740069 '"I came from Kanto to test a Hoenn C..."
callstd 0x6
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x740018
= I hope you're ready to end all battles cause here I come

#org 0x740051
= You were ready afterall

#org 0x740069
= I came from Kanto to test a Hoenn Champion

When i put disappear 0x1 or whatever after callstd 0x6 it says Unknown keyword "disappear" at line 6 what do I do I have no clue what to do? if you can help thanks

karatekid552

Years
Yes disappear like the rocket grunt after you help bill in fire red and i'm using pksv by the way and this is my script

'-----------------------
#org 0x740001
callstd 0x6
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x740018

#org 0x740051

#org 0x740069

When i put disappear 0x1 or whatever after callstd 0x6 it says Unknown keyword "disappear" at line 6 what do I do I have no clue what to do? if you can help thanks

"Disappear" is PKSVUI talk for "hidesprite" in XSE. It is the same command (in terms of hex numbers) just different names.

If you want him to stay gone, make sure you set it up like this:

fadescreen 0x____
hidesprite 0x______
setflag 0xflag#
fadescreen 0x_____

Then, take the flag# and set it as the Person I.D. in A-map.

Blah

Free supporter
Years

'-----------------------
#org 0x740001
callstd 0x6
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x740018

#org 0x740051

#org 0x740069

For this, you want him to disappear as fast as you finish talking to him? If that's the case you need to add the line:
disappear LASTTALKED
after the callstd, then set a flag to keep him disappeared. Make sure you change his Person ID
to whatever flag you used (found in A-Map).

EDIT:
Try it out yourself first. If it doesn't work look at this as reference:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
1. I searched using the Pallet editor in VBA on my BPEE rom and found the offset of the Rayquaza's pallet in the title screen to be 0x00DDE418 and the pallet for the glow on its body to be at 0x00D8BA54.

2. You can change the character in FireRed using JPAN's hacked engine. To make the change at the beginning in the selection area will require ASM or a very, very fancy script with lots of variables and picture boxes.

Look in the spoiler for a past post on removing the intro. From their, if you know what flags and stuff to write, you could try writing your own ASM or script to make it work:
Spoiler:

For the answer to question one I think you may have been confused. I was after the actual Pokemon logo's palette if it was the incorrect palette I was using. If not, any suggestions as to why the palette was not changing correctly. But thanks for the answer nonetheless :)

Thanks heaps for question 2's answer, I think you might be sending me along the right track there. I'll look into it further and come up with some more ideas :)

Thanks a lot for your answers.

karatekid552

Years
Is it possible to implement Emerald style double battles in Fire Red?

Anything can be done. However, it would require an exteme amount of ASM knowledge and understanding of how to break apart everything and isolate the routines you need. For anyone without a "masters degree" in rom hacking, yeah, it's impossible. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Okay question to A-map users:

Let's say I want to map a bridge over a canyon, I need the behavior byte "Block is covered by Hero", so that when I cross it I'll be on it.

But what if I make it possible to go to the lowerest level of the canyon, and walk under the bridge , and since the behavior byte is "block is covered by Hero" i will be on it again.

How'd I do it that when i acess the bridge from down, that the hero is covered by the bridge, as it would be irl too, and that when I acess it from the high level that Im on it.

I hope I explained it kind off well, if not I'll post screenshots to be more clear.

karatekid552

Years
Okay question to A-map users:

Let's say I want to map a bridge over a canyon, I need the behavior byte "Block is covered by Hero", so that when I cross it I'll be on it.

But what if I make it possible to go to the lowerest level of the canyon, and walk under the bridge , and since the behavior byte is "block is covered by Hero" i will be on it again.

How'd I do it that when i acess the bridge from down, that the hero is covered by the bridge, as it would be irl too, and that when I acess it from the high level that Im on it.

I hope I explained it kind off well, if not I'll post screenshots to be more clear.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=161616

Nice big section near the end of this tutorial^^^

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=161616

Nice big section near the end of this tutorial^^^

Figured that out in a sec lol ty, but new problem lol

Since I don't use a bridge type like that but another one, this:
9q92c4.jpg

I need now to get it right so that I'am able to walk under it when I come from the green path, but when I walk on the red path, that the 2 ledges(red bubbles) are unwalkable, if i set a 1, I wont be able to get under it if i come from the green path.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years

9q92c4.jpg

I need now to get it right so that I'am able to walk under it when I come from the green path, but when I walk on the red path, that the 2 ledges(red bubbles) are unwalkable, if i set a 1, I wont be able to get under it if i come from the green path.

Any ideas?

Just follow the tutorial. C's on the green path, 0's at the ends of the bridge, and 3C's on the bridge. Also, make sure that the behavior bytes are correct.

Lastly, if you drew bridge yourself, make sure in the block editor that the block is set up to pass under. So, the left frame of the block should be the ground or a background color, while the right frame is the actual bridge.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

9q92c4.jpg

Any ideas?

Have the all of the railing's behaviour and background bytes set to 00. Then once you've made your bridge in A-Map set their movement permission to 0xC or whatever movement permission you've set to go under the bridge. This way while the tiles may look like they're connected to the bridge from the player's perspective they will have the behaviour blocks which are underneath (i.e be covered by/ impassable to the player when on top of the bridge and the oposite when underneath). You could kind of liken it to an optical illusion :P

Jim Boob

Freelance Mapper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
I am looking to start a new hack, and want to use a ROM base, however I all ready have a very good title screen inserted on another rom. Is there a way to harvest the title screen from the old rom and insert into onto the new rom base?

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I am looking to start a new hack, and want to use a ROM base, however I all ready have a very good title screen inserted on another rom. Is there a way to harvest the title screen from the old rom and insert into onto the new rom base?

I think it's easier/safer to re-insert, now that you have the tile map and stuff already done. Though if you're really keen in transferring it over you could just patch the ROM Base over the ROM with the Titlescreen. I think that method is not very safe though, so make a backup.

Tell me what happens, I'm using you as my guinea pig for knowledge on possible future references :P.

Years
I believe this question has been asked before, but I can't find it...

Is it possible to "expand" the regional dex instead of giving the national dex in fire red? I mostly mean for the sake of looking at the pokedex.

In other words, I would like to receive the regional dex at the beginning of the game, open it up and see all 386 pokemon slots (or at least have that potential when you fill it) instead of 151. But still use the national dex special as a trigger for all the late-game stuff, even if it doesn't directly add capabilities to your pokedex.

Is this possible?

karatekid552

Years
I believe this question has been asked before, but I can't find it...

Is it possible to "expand" the regional dex instead of giving the national dex in fire red? I mostly mean for the sake of looking at the pokedex.

In other words, I would like to receive the regional dex at the beginning of the game, open it up and see all 386 pokemon slots (or at least have that potential when you fill it) instead of 151. But still use the national dex special as a trigger for all the late-game stuff, even if it doesn't directly add capabilities to your pokedex.

Is this possible?

Several people have done it, so you should be able to find some information or someone who did it.

You could also just give the player the national dex in the beginning, and 'fake' it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back