• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I wanted to invoke the imagery of a wound that has been played with instead of healing, which now has to become cauterized, playing on the definition of "burn" to use it twice. That if we continue talking about talking in the DCC instead of talking in the DCC, when we actually get to what we should be doing, it will be more painful than it should be. All of my recent haikus are about the hullabaloo going on.

The irony. I meant it as a metaphor for us to start CCing the DCC like it's supposed to be, but now I'm doing the very thing I'm criticizing. Life is astounding sometimes, you know that?

You should also know that you're awesome droomph.

I remember when I had these wounds, I needed 12 stitches to get them shut. And I had to clean them every day with hydrogen peroxide. Sometimes they oozed puss, sometimes they reopened. I think it took 3 weeks to heal? But no, not worth burning shut lol.

droomph

weeb
Years
I remember when I had these wounds, I needed 12 stitches to get them shut. And I had to clean them every day with hydrogen peroxide. Sometimes they oozed puss, sometimes they reopened. I think it took 3 weeks to heal? But no, not worth burning shut lol.
I got this cut when I was in third grade I cut myself to the point where it was like I could peel back my skin. Luckily I had more brains than to do that (just barely) but it was coooool.
You should also know that you're awesome droomph.
mAkSLNB.gif

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I got this cut when I was in third grade I cut myself to the point where it was like I could peel back my skin. Luckily I had more brains than to do that (just barely) but it was coooool.

I have never had any serious injuries... I had to get two stitches on my forehead once, and that was the worst of it. It was my fault, I was being stupid and trying to fight people, even though I really didn't even want to... I messed myself up, though! I tried to bring the person down and ended up splitting my head because they kept pulling my hair .-. Although, I suppose that means I've gotten relatively considering some of the situations that I've been in. Like for instance, this one time, I fell off a roof... it was straight up like when you fall off that roof in Call of Duty and all the militia come running in after you. You could see my hand prints in the dust and everything. Apart from being a little weak upon standing, nothing seriously bad happened... >:)! I honestly feel pretty accomplished from that, for some reason...

@BlahIsuck: They actually told you to use hydrogen peroxide? I've always thought that things like that made bad antiseptics, because they kill the growing the tissue. Honestly... it probably took so long because you were constantly applying hydrogen peroxide. :s

Oh, and if you think your stitch story is bad... my friends mom fell through a window and had to get 88 stitches. She had 2 on the surface, but for every one of those, she had 4 underneath. That is some crazy stuff, the scar went like all the way up her arm. Sadly... she's not around anymore. :/

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I imagine cauterization wouldn't be very fun. x: Kind of a cool concept, though!

when I was in third grade I cut myself to the point where it was like I could peel back my skin.
I took this the wrong way and was like "D:"

On the subject of wounds (interesting subject haha), I recently woke up with cuts that weren't there when I went to sleep. That was confusing. I still don't know where they came from. ?_? At first I thought they were just marks from my arm being against something, but then they didn't go away.

But yeah I've never had any serious injuries. Had a bit of flesh cut off my foot by glass, accidentally sliced off skin (maybe flesh, as well) from my ankle, etc. And too many more minor cuts to be able to count them haha.

Years
@ANARCHit3cht oh dear, you're probably right. maybe that's why the scar tissue is so prominent now, even.

@Slenderman I believe it's a thing. People back in the olden days believed ghosts were doing the scratching, but it's probably because you just scratch yourself at night. It's true! and it happens.

I shaved my arm hair once :P I nicked myself and a scar is still there. My arm is still hairy.

my arm still hairy
it doesn't look womanly:
maybe a little

I wonder how fun it is having chest or back hair :P Would you have to shampoo that XD and maybe style it up if you're wearing a button-up shirt down low XD

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I hate shaving. It is such a pain in the ass, tbh. When I do shave, I usually do it fresh out of the shower for convenience sake. It really sucks, because my beard doesn't grow in super thick right now, it just is this wispy ******** all over my face and a little on my neck that is really annoying to shave. And because it is so wispy like that, an electric shaver doesn't really work, so I have to wet shave. Every. Single. Time. :|

I can't say that I'm really a fan of facial hair, or bodily hair, for that matter. It just gets to be really irritating in some places, to be honest. Same thing for when your head hair gets long, especially if it is wet. That feeling of wet hair on the back of your neck .________. It bothers the crap out of me. Although the only hair I actually do cut/shave regularly is that on my face and on my head. And even though I am a guy, I don't really like armpit hair because it makes them stink something fierce... and I hate having B.O.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I should probably read through what you guys were talking about, but honestly, I just got back from this toddler's birthday and I'm DEAD TIRED.

So I'll check everything out later. Will answer the question about the 1 hour rule, though, whoever asked:

A while ago people complained that topics were changing too abruptly and the 1 hour rule method was chosen as a way to prevent that from happening. Honestly, it did cause the thread to become less active, I've noticed that. Considering removing that, but I'm not sure yet.

droomph

weeb
Years
I hate shaving. It is such a pain in the ass, tbh. When I do shave, I usually do it fresh out of the shower for convenience sake. It really sucks, because my beard doesn't grow in super thick right now, it just is this wispy ******** all over my face and a little on my neck that is really annoying to shave. And because it is so wispy like that, an electric shaver doesn't really work, so I have to wet shave. Every. Single. Time. :|

I can't say that I'm really a fan of facial hair, or bodily hair, for that matter. It just gets to be really irritating in some places, to be honest. Same thing for when your head hair gets long, especially if it is wet. That feeling of wet hair on the back of your neck .________. It bothers the crap out of me. Although the only hair I actually do cut/shave regularly is that on my face and on my head. And even though I am a guy, I don't really like armpit hair because it makes them stink something fierce... and I hate having B.O.

I just let it grow and act like it's no big deal, and if anyone bothers me about it, I'll just go "yeah, I was saving a baby panda, didn't have time for hygiene" and make them feel shallow or something.

and yay summer vacation so i don't have to impress people with my body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back