• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elegant Goth and Lolita Club

deathbyalice

Linden
Years
Elegant Goth and Lolita​

"GothLoli" ゴスロリ, gosurori

Info:
Hello PC! This is the new club dedicated to goth and lolita style here! If you dress like, or love to see people dress in this style, this is the place for you! This place is also for you if you haven't completely given up your chilidish ways, like still playing with dolls, and haveing tea parties...Then come here!

At first glance, the gosurori appear like their Western Goth counterparts, wearing dark and gloomy costumes with make-up to match in a fashion that originally derived from Europe in the Middle Ages.

But a closer look at the gosurori reveals they revel in the infantile, frequently carrying stuffed toys and using baby talk, which gives them their tag of Lolita, the word the Japanese have adopted from Vladimir Nabakov's novel of the same name to label anything childlike.

Gothic Lolita or "GothLoli" (ゴスロリ, gosurori: Gosurori is a contraction of the English Gothic and Lolita.) is a fashion somewhat rare, but very highly visible, among Japanese teenagers and young women. It emphasizes Victorian-style girl's clothing and often aims to imitate the look of Victorian porcelain dolls. Gothloli's name and origin is a combination of lolita fashion--appearing deliberately cute to the point of looking childish--and certain styles found within gothic fashion. The style started as a youth subculture sometime around 1997/1998 and became a well-established genre available in some Japanese department stores by around 2001. Some observers consider it a reaction to the "Kogal" aesthetic.

Variations of the Gothic Lolita look include "Classic Lolita" (more traditional, light-coloured and "girlish" clothing) and "Elegant Gothic Lolita" (EGL, which focuses upon the pastiche of upper class victorian fashion found in old horror films.). The male analog to this fashion is called "Elegant Gothic Aristocrat" (EGA) which shares EGL's emphasis on the Victorian era, though not on children's clothing. Gothic Lolita is also influenced by the imagery of more feminine Visual Kei (or "visual rock") bands. Visual Kei is a Japanese form of rock music defined by bands featuring performers in elaborate costumes but whose musical style varies.

Mana, the crossdressing former leader and guitarist of the Visual Kei band Malice Mizer, is widely credited for having popularised Gothic Lolita. He coined the terms Elegant Gothic Lolita (EGL) and Elegant Gothic Aristocrat (EGA) to describe the style of his own fashion label, Moi-m?me-Moiti?, which was founded in 1999 and quickly established itself as one of the most coveted brands of the Gothic Lolita scene.

News:
We need a banner! Who can make us a pretty EGL banner? We could have a contest, But if we get something soon, that would be great!

Co-Mana:
bgtfamily

Members:
Shadow of Ash
Ryuki
NiNGi's Worst Nightmare

Links:
The Umbreon Fan Club
Something Dark: The Sabrina/Natsume Fan Club!
deathbyalice Fan Club
Dir en Grey Fan Club
JList: Gothic Lolita
Morbid Outlook

Last edited:

deathbyalice

Linden
Years
Hi Bgt! You are the first person to join! This makes me so happy!

I had a teaparty last night! It was so much fun! It has been years since I had one, but I was babysitting a 10 and a 9 year-old, and they were playing with their teddy bears. So I brought a doll with me, and we had a tea party, but since none of us drank tea, we had chocolate milk.

Last edited:

bgt

R A W R
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
Teaparty? 18 yr old, now I know your inner child is 6, lol. I briefly browsed that board you have in your sig but most of the pics were low res or not even the correct url... >_> :(

deathbyalice

Linden
Years
bgtfamily said:
Teaparty? 18 yr old, now I know your inner child is 6, lol. I briefly browsed that board you have in your sig but most of the pics were low res or not even the correct url... >_> :(
I didn't make that board, lol. Even though the board is not that good, it seems pretty popular for some reason...

Oh, Ryuki and NiNGi's Worst Nightmare, I added both of you to the member list!

bgt

R A W R
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
2 ppl joined. yay... well... i don't got much to say, so thats it.

i know you don't run that site, lolol.

Anacortes

absurdities..
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 9, 2010
I should have noticed this club earlier.
My mom dosen't like goths either, but I am one. she can't help it.

Back