• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
umm, I'm not sure if this has been said before, but if you go into battle in Sprout Tower, the game crashes. However, I've only seen it happen on my Android's emulator, so I'm unsure if this has happened anywhere else.

Gym Leader Whitney

Normal Type Gym Leader
Years
I also used android, and no problems until now.

Also if someone could tell me if the pokemons have their generation 2 learnsets with certain, I'd me most grateful.
I checked a few learnsets and until now they match their Gen II learnsets, Im not entirely sure though.

Gym Leader Whitney~

Years
I also used android, and no problems until now.

Also if someone could tell me if the pokemons have their generation 2 learnsets with certain, I'd me most grateful.
I checked a few learnsets and until now they match their Gen II learnsets, Im not entirely sure though.

Gym Leader Whitney~
The pokes will learn Gen 3 moves. Its just you have to wait and see. Trust me:D

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2019
Uhm, have been reading arround but I couldn't find another case like mine, so here we go:

Spoiler:

Is at that place were the beta ends or is, in fact, a glitch?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I know Johto is supposed to be complete, so I'd be inclined to say bug. This is all accessible within Johto without the trip to Kanto, I believe.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2019
I've tried patching again a clean different emmerald ROM, but the glitch keeps happening. I've also changed the VBA settings (save, emu, video and that stuff) but the screen will keep going black, so i'd better wait for further support.

Well, i'll keep playin' Shinning Opal meanwhile.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The bug may be a misaimed warp in the Tower area.

Cyclone

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
O.o Sorry i removed the link, i tried the patch which i downloaded before this final fix for the day of the week and the new OWs and the time was fine except one thing Wesley who gives a Black Belt at Lake of Rage on Wednesday is missing maybe thats related to the time bug and maybe it got fixed with your last update i cant check it out now bc i just stopped playing the previous version at lake of rage :D
I also found a Hoothoot in a tree near the Sudowoodo event and the Pokedex shows that Hoothoots can be encountered in many places which is strange since night pokemon are not supposed to be in the hack for now
And something is wrong with those 3 apricorn trees there is nothing on them as if i already picked the apricorns

Those trees on Route 46 seem to be out of place

The Apricorn trees and the border on Route 46 is fixed; I'm going to do a bit of research into Headbutt trees soon, because apparently, Bulbapedia is wrong.
Quick questions.
Is this game going to implement the Phisical/Special move categories introduced in gen IV, or is it going to be like in gen III and bellow?

Next Question.
Do the Pokemon in CrystalDust have GenII learnsets?
(I ask this because I tried to teach Dig to my Piloswine and I couldn't, after some research I discored that Piloswine can only learn Dig in Gen III or above)

Gym Leader Whitney~
1. Nope.
2. Gen III learnsets, but Gen II TM/HM programmings.
@Cyclone
Haha i deleted the save already this was my best playthrough ever i got a pitchu from the Odd Egg and catched a male shiny slowpoke within a couple of hours :D
I hope something like this happens in the future on the final version of this hack :)
Id go crazy if id get a shiny steelix :D

@Whitney
There will be no physical/special and i think the pokemon learn the same moves they could in gen 3 games

@Diego
Is Dunsparce available in this hack or it will be when you add trainers special events from phone card i believe that in crystal you can get this pokemon if Hiker Anthony calls you and tells that they appeared inside Dark Cave or something like that
And can you check if a npc inside Dark Cave gives you the DarkGlasses i think there was a bug in a older version i played some time ago he would not give me this item idk if it works ok now
Also will you add different sounds after Oak rates your pokedex like in Crystal?
Finally, since you changed how those pokemon evolve maybe you will want to change this guys dialogue

Dunsparce does not appear in this hack as of yet. The BlackGlasses bug has been fixed, and the text about trade evolutions has also been fixed.
Uhm, have been reading arround but I couldn't find another case like mine, so here we go:

Spoiler:

Is at that place were the beta ends or is, in fact, a glitch?
Uh. What. The Tin Tower is not yet programmed into the game, except for the first floor. I'd be inclined to say that I have no clue how you even got to the second.

Also included in this update: a new wild Pokémon theme from tonti:

Not only this, but (not shown in the video) a new battle backsprite for the male player is inserted, as well as a slightly updated female backsprite and new battle sprites for the male, female, and rival main characters!

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2019
Yeah, i realised about that l8r. The room that i wasn't able to access was the one were you fight the wise trio, but I thought that building was actually the Tin Tower. Nevermind, the doubt is solved.

Thanks for the hard work in both hacks diego, I personally think it's awesome.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2019
I've beaten the e4, longing for the next beta-review. Great job diego, ;)

P.D: flammers, every forum has some

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I've come with another bug, although I think I've seen this somewhere before on this thread, but I'm not too sure. The bug I've come to mention is the phone memory bug, in which (my own experience so far) you only get one trainer's number (Joey) and you can't get the rest (so far Wade and Liz)

Years
Thank you for the quickfixes and the new changes, i only checked the new male heros sprite and its better than the previous one maybe i will have a speedthrough to check the rest of the new content some time later or ill just wait for more content to be added before i play again.

@ Dingopongo lol glad to hear that the problem is solved now

@ PokeReject Thats a very old bug, you can register only a few trainers and Mom & Elm dont worry though after reading one of Diegos latest posts im now sure that soon there will be huge phone card update :D

Btw Diego what about the Week Siblings and the Dudes Catching Tutorial bugs i posted earlier did you found a way to fix them and will you change the music that plays every time when Oak rates your Pokedex?
In Crystal a different music would play every time that you have catched 9-10 more new Pokemon.

Theres 1 weird thing about the animation that plays when a Pokemon or more in your party are poisoned,When playing with Gameboid theres only that sound playing when you are walking but On My Boy! Emulator there is the same sound playing but also an animation...
I guess this is an issue with Gameboid because its outdated and there is nothing wrong in the hack

Last edited:
Back