• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chatroom information and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
You know why you were banned, Luke told you afterwards.

As for the log? Luke was just reposting what you were saying to him after the ban, we didn't really comment either.

Also, just so people don't go thinking you're the injured puppy here:

<Cest_si_bon> I don't care, I'll just ban evade

ThornPython4

Team Popplio
Years
Chat room behavior

Hello. I was recently in the chat room and I was originally telling people about a story I recently wrote for people to enjoy. And it turned into a discussion about the Pokemon games. I was insulted for saying that I care about the pokemon I have on the game. There is NOTHING wrong with that, and it actually is good to feel a slight connection to them even though they are not real. I was called weird, stupid, coo-coo, and a retard. If they are really just pixels, they must obviously have to have some emotional connection to their trainer...to encourage them to do well and to succeed...given rewards when they do like a real pet. Also, I was insulted for saying I own two Ball Pythons that I love very much and care about as if they were a friend. I will say this now, NO one ever insults my snakes, I will do everything humanly possible to defend them. I would like something to be done about the behavior in the chat room. And I'd like the mods to be more alert and aware of what's going on in the chat. Swearing, insulting, bullying, and other things MUST stop! And according to the people in the chat (will not name anyone) I should be a heartless person, and have no emotions for anything. And I was brought to tears from this, this may make me seem weak, but I hate being made fun of, and I'm sure everyone else who ever has would agree with me.

I would appreciate if something was done about this. Thank you.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
It would help if you had names of the people who were teasing you, because the chatroom is a big place and I'm sure that not everyone was teasing you. Without the names of the offenders, there is little anyone could do.

usami

biohazard
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
Hello. I was recently in the chat room and I was originally telling people about a story I recently wrote for people to enjoy. And it turned into a discussion about the Pokemon games. I was insulted for saying that I care about the pokemon I have on the game. There is NOTHING wrong with that, and it actually is good to feel a slight connection to them even though they are not real. I was called weird, stupid, coo-coo, and a retard. If they are really just pixels, they must obviously have to have some emotional connection to their trainer...to encourage them to do well and to succeed...given rewards when they do like a real pet. Also, I was insulted for saying I own two Ball Pythons that I love very much and care about as if they were a friend. I will say this now, NO one ever insults my snakes, I will do everything humanly possible to defend them. I would like something to be done about the behavior in the chat room. And I'd like the mods to be more alert and aware of what's going on in the chat. Swearing, insulting, bullying, and other things MUST stop! And according to the people in the chat (will not name anyone) I should be a heartless person, and have no emotions for anything. And I was brought to tears from this, this may make me seem weak, but I hate being made fun of, and I'm sure everyone else who ever has would agree with me.

( ThornPython4 ) You are all heartless *******s by the way. there is NOTHING wrong with liking your pokemon! And I don't care what you all think, because I have a heart and it's big enough for all my pokemon, my reptiles, and my family/friends...You can all go <censored> YOURSELVES.

Yes, I agree it must stop. n_n
(I hope you're trolling)

ThornPython4

Team Popplio
Years
( ThornPython4 ) You are all heartless *******s by the way. there is NOTHING wrong with liking your pokemon! And I don't care what you all think, because I have a heart and it's big enough for all my pokemon, my reptiles, and my family/friends...You can all go <censored> YOURSELVES.

Yes, I agree it must stop. n_n
(I hope you're trolling)

First of all, I said that last part because I was driven mad by things that were said to me. And I would apologize, but I was brought to tears. I remember a few names. Long, Dot-something, and the Mod Britney_Spears was also being rude. I'm not here to be mean or anything. I came to make friends and have a good time, not get made fun of. Please help. Thank you.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
Saying things like these make you just as bad as the people who were teasing you in the first place. This is never a good way to handle your problems, two wrongs don't make right, dearie. Also, if you want friends, you should handle things in a mature way, and not in the way that you did.

Last edited:

ThornPython4

Team Popplio
Years
Saying things like these make you just as bad as the people who were teasing you in the first place. This is never a good way to handle your problems, two wrongs don't make write, dearie. Also, if you want friends, you should handle things in a mature way, and not in the way that you did.

I know, it was wrong of me, and I'm sorry I said what I did. But I would like people to be more understanding of my feelings and things I say, not call me a retard because I say I care about my pokemon.

DakeDesu

Seviper Trainer
Years

Uh--I didn't see the entire thing, as I am not on the main channel, just #tpc-romhacking , and was asleep at the time of the incident. However I agree that some people even there are getting a little silly.

Now the solution is not to get rid of your emotions or become a heartless person. Just be a little more rational about it. When somebody insults your "snakes" don't fly off the handle at them. Stay rational--even show them kindness at a few points. If you stay rational and act caring _they_ are the ones that are going to look bad and get the boot.

Now the Ball Pythons I see owning and loving. Snakes are very intelligent creatures with a very spiritual connection in a lot of cases. However from what I was guessing, the context you mentioned them in was also the context of mentioning video game characters loving and caring about you. This will only serve to make your point completely miss.

The Ball Pythons (which I am hoping are the real ones >.>) are awesome to love and care for, however, the video game characters... It is just a game, at this point you need to ask yourself, "am I going down a course of actions that may make Jack Thompson interested in my story" ~.^

I can pretty much guarantee that since all the ingame pokemon are, would be, is a bunch stats, pixels and minimal (to the point of almost none) AI, they cannot really care for you on any sort of level.

Unless we are dealing with a sort of plot type setup for a really bad anime/manga here >.>

Care for your Ball Pythons... however the pokemon are not real.

Anyways, yeah, even #tpc-romhacking has been getting a little silly lately (part of why I am not headed into the main channel any time soon). However, I am working on defusing most of it by trying to talk with the people and sort things out. Britney's kicks or bans of some disruptive people help every now and then. However Luke is _far_ from an oppressive Op--and I actually kind of like that. Kick/banning everybody who may appear to be a dumbass is not the solution. Talking to them is.

You seemed to have let your emotions get the best of you. Not in a good way either. Yes, you _are_ allowed to have emotions, but anger, even in cold blood, serves no purpose.

(heh... my first post after lurking for a while on these forums. Don't expect me to post a lot)

ThornPython4

Team Popplio
Years
Caring about my pokemon as in thinking they are great to have. And I don't care if they are a bunch of pixels, I like them a lot. As for my pythons, I love them so much, I would do anything to make sure they were safe. I'm not going to bother anymore with this, it's just making me look worse and misunderstood. bye.

Zet

Years
Hey ThornPython4, I'm about to give you something sooo special it will make you love the mods more in the chat
Spoiler:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Zet has a point there. You are not a retard by giving meaning to your "01100101"s, keep in mind that people just don't find that normal, k? Besides there will always be a person that won't understand. Don't ask to respected, that is a big mistake. You are not the center of the universe

DakeDesu

Seviper Trainer
Years
ThornPython4 said:
First of all, I said that last part because I was driven mad by things that were said to me. And I would apologize, but I was brought to tears. I remember a few names. Long, Dot-something, and the Mod Britney_Spears was also being rude. I'm not here to be mean or anything. I came to make friends and have a good time, not get made fun of. Please help. Thank you.

Ah, now that you mentioned the names....

Don't know much about Long--did you typo "Lone"? I dunno, I've had yet to have issues with him.

As per Dot-something, I going to guess you meant dotBomb. Yeah, he has been causing issues for a few people, and has been temporarily banned from #tpc-romhacking. If you had issues with dotBomb, you are likely not alone.

As per Luke (the mod), well he tends to test people or something at first--I do not admit to getting it. I actually, somehow, passed, I think, his test. Luke generally just has his own way with handling things, is all.

ThornPython4 said:
Caring about my pokemon as in thinking they are great to have. And I don't care if they are a bunch of pixels, I like them a lot. As for my pythons, I love them so much, I would do anything to make sure they were safe. I'm not going to bother anymore with this, it's just making me look worse and misunderstood. bye.

Well, caring about your pokemon is fine--but with how you described your thoughts on it... it rivaled with obsession.

ThornPython4

Team Popplio
Years
Ok, I am NOT obsessed with my pokemon, I just enjoy seeing them do well, just like a pet or something. And I like when I catch new pokemon, it's cool. And I am normal, don't say I'm not. Like I keep saying and people not understanding, there is nothing wrong with liking the pokemon you have a little bit. They are very cool! Yes, it was Lone, Dotbomb and Britney_Spears...But i'm going to be mature and ask not to bother doing anything about this, since I just seem to be sounding weirder by trying to explain my likeness for pokemon. I can take it, it's fine, I will forgive them all. I just want to browse the forums normally and things. And I don't see my small passion for the pokemon games being weird at all, everyone gets attatched to video games...I also really love to play Grand Theft Auto, now does that make me even more weird?

Anyways, sorry for bothering, Goodbye.

ThornPython4

Team Popplio
Years
Well I took a mature step forward (at least I thought it was) and attempted to apologize to all the people that saw what I said before I left. But it was just thrown back into my face. I tried to be nice and accept what I said was very wrong, but how can I if people won't even let me say I'm very sorry? I have put this behind me now, and it won't be an issue anymore. Thank you.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
Years
  • Age 32
  • MTU
  • Seen Feb 13, 2012
I was banned a couple of weeks ago, reasons unknown; was using in valarauca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back