• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Monotype Challenge Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I just started a grass run in UM, which I'll be continuing alongside the one in X. :)

Current team in UM:
722.png
Diogenes | Lv.19
001.png
Sinope | Lv.18
548.png
Myra | Lv.12

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Oh man this brings back memories. i was a psychic champ in gen 5 and a bug champ in gen 6. last i recall i was in the middle of a fire ultimate but i've since given up on that. what can i say, grinding monferno and ponyta to the mid 30s just to beat fantina was NOT fun.

but hell yeah i'll give it another shot. which type to go for though. there's intresting ones like Dragon and Steel, ones with plenty of options like water or grass, or with tricky strategies like Poison. its difficult to know.

yknow what, since it contains some of my favourite pokemon. Lets Shake things up!

Name: MachoPony
Type: Ground
Games: Red,HeartGold,Emerald,Platinum,White,X,Ultra Moon
Single/Ultimate: Ultimate

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Alright, about time I actually did a challenge run again.

Forum User Name : Spirit Shackle
Game : Renegade Platinum
Pokémon Type : Ice
Mode : Single

Ren Plat is the newest of Dray's enhancement hacks, as it serves as a "493" hack (as in, makes 493 Pokemon available within the game without trading/events) of Platinum with a few other changes.

Most notably for this run, the game hands you an Eevee and an Ice Stone prior to gym 1, meaning I have access to an Ice-type prior to the first gym, and Route 116 is accessible prior to Gardenia, meaning I will have a full team by gym 2. Downside: I have to solo a Rock-type gym of 6 Pokemon with a Glaceon. Worst case scenario, uh, I get Earth Power at 37?

This could be a mistake.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Alright my first update

Macho Shakes it up in Kanto! Part 1

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Badges:
75px-Boulder_Badge.png
75px-Cascade_Badge.png

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I have to solo a Rock-type gym of 6 Pokemon with a Glaceon. Worst case scenario, uh, I get Earth Power at 37?
Oof. I guess it's meant to be a challenge, eh?

That being said I am totally excited to play that game too...though I'm gonna have to wait until I have time for it, hah.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Macho Shakes it up in Kanto! Part 2

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Badges:
75px-Boulder_Badge.png
75px-Cascade_Badge.png
75px-Thunder_Badge.png
75px-Rainbow_Badge.png

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Macho Shakes it up in Kanto! Part 3

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Badges:
75px-Boulder_Badge.png
75px-Cascade_Badge.png
75px-Thunder_Badge.png
75px-Rainbow_Badge.png
75px-Marsh_Badge.png

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Macho Shakes it up in Kanto! The Finale!

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Thoughts: this was tougher than i expected, true it went by faster than frlg would have (or god forbid Let's Go!) but the lack of variety in movesets hurt me a lot, Rhydon didnt know anything but normal moves till i taught it Rock Slide and Submission from TMs. and he was still one of only 2 pokemon on my team without a Ground move. yknow, the type this is supposed to be a mono run of. Onix learned diddly squat too but at least Bind was semi useful for awhile. none of the trainers were as tough as i thought, i was expecting lorelei to be a nightmare. and after almost being swept by Blue's gyarados in previous fights it was a relief to see Nidoking KO Lance's AND Blue's with a crit thunderbolt each in one shot.

MVP: Nidoking
Early it didnt do much but it learned horn attack as a good move early. but once it evolved to Nidoking and learned a nice variety of moves like thunderbolt and surf, suddenly it was a force to be reckoned with. its main advantage was unrivaled coverage.

LVP: Onix
I loved having the chance to use Onix for once (shame this is the last time since from gen 2 onward i have his superior evolution at my disposal) but he was pretty awful, Screech and Bind off a respectable speed stat for a ground type in gen 1 was nice but it was still too weak, not as strong as the OPness of Wrap and his attack stat was pathetic. when a 4x effective STAB move does barely half to a pokemon, there's something wrong. plus it learned diddly through the game, sticking to Screech, Rock Throw, Bind and Rage. i could have taught it slam but it wouldntve done much and was innacurate anyway.

Imma take a small break then maybe start on HeartGold sometime later.

Badges:
75px-Boulder_Badge.png
75px-Cascade_Badge.png
75px-Thunder_Badge.png
75px-Rainbow_Badge.png
75px-Soul_Badge.png
75px-Marsh_Badge.png
75px-Volcano_Badge.png
75px-Earth_Badge.png

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Turns out 130 base SpA is stronger than I thought. Who knew?

Ice Waves
ddrox13's Monotype Challenge of Renegade Platinum with the Ice type.

Badges: 1/8

Right, let the suicide run begin. Oh this is also going to be mono-gender - Only female Pokemon.

- I started by picking my starter. And by "picking my starter" I mean letting the RNG decide Rabinov's starter. Conveniently, my favorite d20 rolled me Piplup, meaning Rabi took the 4x weak to ice Torterra. I lost the first fight with him because Withdraw is busted.
- Real starter - Fjorm the Eevee. We did a little grinding, and then headed for Jubilife.
- Turns out Rival 2 is hard with just a non-Adaptability Eevee. We won anyway. On the 4th try.
- Ice Stone get means Fjorm evolved into Glaceon
- GYM 1: Took 4 tries, but finally got some good RNG. 2HKOing everything helped. Badges: 1
- Nothing of consequence until the Windworks
- Mars was easy.
- Nothing of consequence until Eterna EXCEPT...
- In the forest, I found a Shiny Murkrow! NOT FALCO will now be the prettiest pink fly slave.
- Gardenia's absence forces us to go to route 116, which I wanted to go to anyway. Because, you know, the rest of my team is there.
- Snow! Yay!
- Enter: Gjoll the Snorunt, Sylgr the Swinub, Hrid the Snover, and Leiptr the Sneasel.
- Slapping Brick Break on Leiptr allows me to FINALLY stop using Fjorm for a while, which is good, since she's nearly DOUBLE the level of everyone else (35 vs 18-19)
- Grinded to 22ish on the whole party
- Began the trek back to Eterna

The Team

I'll also be including some tidbits about important changes in Renegade Platinum for these Pokémon
Spoiler:

CasualToxicStall

Toxic's the name, stalling's the game
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 3, 2023
Forum User Name: Casual Toxic Stall
Game(s): Fire Red(4/8), Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, Y, Ultra Moon
Pokémon Type: Ground
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

Update #1
Spoiler:

Current Team:
nidoking.png
Giga Lvl 34 Horn Attack|Dig|Thrash|Brick Break
dugtrio.png
Monty Lvl 33 Magnitude|Aerial Ace|Dig|Cut
graveler.png
Terra Lvl 33 Rollout|Magnitude|Mud Sport|Selfdestruct

CasualToxicStall

Toxic's the name, stalling's the game
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 3, 2023
Forum User Name: Casual Toxic Stall
Game(s): Fire Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, Y, Ultra Moon
Pokémon Type: Ground

Fire Red
Update #1
Spoiler:

Update #2
Spoiler:

Final Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Macho quakes his way through Johto Part 1

Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Badges:
75px-Zephyr_Badge.png

Last edited:
Years
I always like monotype runs :) They're not incredibly hard, but fun nevertheless. Monotype runs I've completed over the years include:

- Leaf Green: Mono Normal (Pidgeot, Raticate, Persian, Clefable, Snorlax, ?? - maybe Tauros)
- Platinum: Mono Water (Empoleon, Tentacruel, Golduck, Gyarados, Gastrodon?, ?? - maybe Vaporeon)
- Platinum: Mono Poison (Crobat, Gengar, Drapion, Tentacruel, Roserade, Toxicroak)
- Black 2: Mono Bug (Heracross, Leavanny, Crustle, Galvantula, Volcarona, Yanmega)

I should do one on Emerald or Soul Silver.

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Ice Waves
471MS.png
478MS.png
221MS.png
459MS.png
215MS.png

Badges: 3/8

Ice is a really weird type early game. Because Ice-types are generally late game mons, they aren't really balanced around the early game. There's basically only two early level Ice moves - Icy Wind and Ice Shard - and then basically no intermediate moves before Ice Beam. On one hand, this means literally my whole team had Priority until I dropped it on Fjorm for Shadow Ball after Fantina. These two moves were essentially mandatory on everyone - leaving little room for the few coverage options I had. They also tend to have REALLY late evolutions - Lv40 for Snover, 42 for Snorunt (in the vanilla game), 33 for Swinub, rare item for Sneasel, location locked to the 7th gym for Eevee (again, vanilla), and so on. Those would be okay levels for the final bit of a 3-stage line, but those are all evolving from the base form, meaning they will almost always have subpar stats until the late game. Thankfully Renegade Plat also makes the "late game" levels start at around gym 5, which means we can start hitting those evo triggers earlier. After 3 gyms, my whole team has evolved once, bar Sneasel who can carry his own weight even without evolving and Snover who is... bad.

Also because of how garbage Ice is defensively, Speed is debatably my most important stat so far. Thankfully with a base 95 in Fjorm (Glaceon), a base 110 in Gjoll (Froslass), and a base 115 (soon to be 125) in Leiptr (Sneasel), we're fairly stocked in that department. On the other hand, thanks to aforementioned slow evolutions and just being, you know, slow, Hrid (Snover) and Sylgr (Piloswine) have been a bit of a liability thus far. I've faith in Sylgr - she's my Fire "resist", after all - but I worry for Hrid, as his typing makes it mostly impossible to just tank a hit and then nuke back, which leans towards him being a bit of a hail bot (which is pretty much how Abomasnow ended up the last time I did a Sinnoh Monotype).

Oh, and Thief is just really good in games where enemies have broken items super early like this one. So far, Leiptr has nabbed a Life Orb, some Leftovers, Light Clay for Sylgr to use, and some other junk. Technician also means I'll be keeping Thief for basically the whole run. Oh yeah, that's why Sneasel is so good before evolving - he literally has his final moveset already.

---

Anywho, on to what happened. I start this update with Gardenia. You'd expect her to be easy, but she has a Breloom (Technician Mach Punch), Belossom (BST 490), and Roserade (BST 515) among her ranks, and at this point I'm using Snorunt (BST 300) and Swinub (BST 250) among my main party members. Also I was trying not to use Fjorm to balance levels (she was still ~14 levels ahead from soloing the first quarter of the game), but Breloom I just didn't feel like dancing around Mach Punch, so Fjorm blew it up. Other than that, with a shot of Priority and a pinch of slow tf down wind, the other four members of my party managed to take out everyone else. And by that I mean I tried to use Hrid, Sylgr, and Gjoll as much as possible then just had Leiptr clean house.

Most of the Galactic Eterna Building was training for the three underlevelled party members (Hrid, Sylgr, Gjoll), but Fjorm and Leiptr again had to do most of the work during the Jupiter fight. The bike shop owner, in lieu of a bike (we already had one), granted me a Dawn Stone, which meant that Gjoll evolved into Froslass.

The Mira sidequest is mandatory in this game, so to wayward we go. I decided to use the opportunity to have my party healed after every battle to grind some more, and got everyone up to 32ish, or 33 in the case of Sylgr because I wanted to just have Sylgr evolve into Piloswine ASAP. Also Mira gives you a Dazzling Gleam TM. So that's a thing.

Now on-level with Fantina's party, it's time for... OH RIGHT THE AARON FIGHT. Yeah so Aaron of the Elite Four challenges you to an unofficial match as you're about to hit Hearthome, and even though the story progresses on a loss I kinda wanted to win, so after a few resets I was able to beat his Scizor with a crit Ice Beam from Fjorm, and therefore him. I am NOT looking forward to fighting that Scizor again.

The Fantina fight was really easy. Gjoll, now wielding Shadow Ball, tore through Drifblim and Dusclops. Leiptr took out Banette, while Fjorm handled Gengar and Spiritomb (ty Dazzling Gleam). Mismagius would have OHKOed my party, if not for Sylgr's Light Screen setup allowing Gjoll to eat a Shadow Ball and retaliate with a close-enough-to-lethal one of her own.

The Team
471MS.png
478MS.png
221MS.png
459MS.png
215MS.png

Spoiler:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Macho's Johto Journey: Ground Edition Part 2

Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Badges:
75px-Zephyr_Badge.png
Hive_Badge.png
75px-Plain_Badge.png

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Ice Waves
471MS.png
478MS.png
473MS.png
460MS.png
461MS.png
365MS.png

Badges: 5/8

Sinnoh's midgame is probably the cleanest execution of the iffy midgame segments (I generally define this as Gyms 3-6, but it varies by gen) in the series, in that it combines just enough railroading with a ton of freedom. Renegade Platinum takes away some of that freedom, but it still doesn't feel too railroady.

That said, the midgame here does have an interesting aspect usually reserved for later - pretty much everything is evolved, and a lot of Pokémon on both sides already have solid movesets. The enemy has some pretty insane coverage at this point. This means a lot comes down to the amount your team can cover for each other's weaknesses. Unfortunately, this is a monotype. Ice has a lot of weaknesses, and basically nothing to cover them other than ye olde "You don't get one-shot if you outspeed them and one-shot them first" strategy. As a whole, the Ice-type is fairly good at executing this strategy - It's the best offensive type in the game, after all.

The thing is, there's basically two main categories of Ice-types. There's the fast and powerful ones, like Lieptr (Weavile) and Gjoll (Froslass) and there's also the slow and bulky ones like Hrid (Abomasnow), Sylgr (Mamoswine), and newcomer Svol (Walrein). An odd case in Renegade Platinum is Fjorm (Glaceon), as she would normally fall into the slow and bulky category but, due to some stat changes, is actually really fast. As a rule, due to the Ice type's unfortunate matchup spread, the former category are just better than the latter. There are some exceptions, the most notable of which is Mamoswine (who's actually way faster than I remembered). However, in a Monotype situation, these are the types of things you need to play around. On one side, this means getting setups where Hrid can get off a big Wood Hammer, or finding a good way to get Sylgr in safely so she can Earthquake things to death, or just deciding when to use Ice Shard versus your other STABs. On the other, this means figuring out how to have someone like Lieptr literally never take damage. It's also important to really identify little details about how your team runs - For example, Fjorm and Gjoll are the only ones who can tank a Close Combat from anything - and come up with plans that work with those attributes - Fjorm has both Dazzling Gleam and Extrasensory while Gjoll has Draining Kiss to remove any Fighting-types they have to fight.

Point is, knowing your team inside and out is incredibly important in such a hard challenge.

---

Let's see, we were at Fantina's gym, right? Excellent.

Renegade Platinum has an extra scene at the Pokemon Mansion, brought to you by Commander Saturn, and yes it is mandatory. However, I do get a Lucky Egg for my trouble (and a Manaphy egg, but who cares). The grunts are fairly breezy - there's a free grind area coming up, so I don't use Hrid very much. Saturn, on the other hand, is fought as a Double Battle with the rival as your partner. Rabinov (the NPC) is thoroughly useless as anything other than an attack sponge, and Saturn's Bronzong and Toxicroak are no fun for me. I did manage to win though.

Solaceon. That little town in mid Sinnoh that you would forget about if it didn't have a Day Care. In this game, there's an easy exp grind trainer in the Day Care. Thanks to Traynee's swaths of Chansey, I decided to level my team to around 40. This, thankfully, meant that Hrid evolved into Abomasnow, which bring his stats up to par with the rest of the group. And by "up to par", I mean that literally every stat that isn't SpA (which is useless) and HP won't be weaker than Leiptr's for like two more lines.

After grabbing the Psychic TM from Lucian of the Elite Four, I head to Vilestone. There's a Fighting gym here. Yay. On the other hand, there's also a Razor Claw just before here, so Leiptr evolved into Weavile.

Maylene's team was pretty much designed to destroy mine, what with my one Fighting immunity and her excessive Fire coverage. That said, I had one major advantage - 3/5 of my team was faster than anything she could throw at me. Leiptr began by contributing by baiting out a High Jump Kick from her lead Medicham, which allowed me to switc. However, because Infernape actually used Close Combat, the SpDef debuff allowed Gjoll to clean up with a casual one-shot Shadow Ball. At this point, Maylene brought out Lucario. I had this great plan to have Sylgr push Earthquake on it, buuuut that failed due to an OHKO Drain Punch. At this point, I opted for my other Pokemon with a Ground attack - miss coverage herself, Fjorm. One Earth Power sealed that match. Her next Pokémon was Machamp, who fell to only a single Extrasensory from Fjorm. Toxicroak met a similar fate. Her last Pokémon was a Gallade, and I decided to let his Dawn Stone counterpart, Gjoll, take the OHKO with Shadow Ball. So to recap, literally nothing that took damage from an attack on either side survived the hit. Badge get.

After helping with some Galactic nerds, I get access to Fly. I then make my way to Pastoria, getting into a grand total of 0 battles because I'm actually overlevelled for once.

Pastoria finally gives me access to the Move Reminder, so I use it to fix up some movesets, including giving Sylgr Ancient Power. This, of course, means that Sylgr (finally) evolved into Mamoswine, meaning my team is now fully and completely evolved unless I decide to fill the 6th slot. Also, these movesets are probably nearly final, so this team isn't going to be changing anytime soon. Fun fact: Lieptr STILL has the highest SpDef on my team, despite being, you know, Weavile. Also the one practical type I don't really have a coverage move of is Electric - and of course the TBolt TM is locked behind Surf. Also I use the Route 112 Move Tutors (all three Plat tutors) to polish up those movesets a bit more.

Somehow Wake made it Rain in his gym, which would have been an issue if not for me wanting to lead Hrid anyway as a Grass-type. Hrid opened the Wake fight by nearly OHKOing Quagsire through the Rindo Berry, which meant she had to eat an Ice Punch before the hail tick finished the job. Poliwrath was my next foe, which Gjoll dispatched of in 3 hits of her fancy new Draining Kiss attack. Wake's counter to my Ghost-type was Sharpedo, so Leiptr was up to use Brick Break, which would have OHKOed if not for Focus Sash. But, like, Hail. Gyarados' subsequent challenge was met by my most physically tanky Pokémon, which is obviously Fjorm. Dragon Dance turn 1 scared me, but Fjorm managed to survive a +1 Aqua Tail and defeated the birb with two Ice Beams and two Hail ticks. I had to let Floatzel take down Sylgr to heal up Hrid, but a well placed Wood Hammer took out Wake's ace the following turn. Leiptr returned to the fray to deal with the final Ludicolo. Badge Get.

After we clean up some Galactic scum and some rogue ducks, I get to Celestic Town. I am immediately challenged by Lucas, who has that Infernape that neither me nor Rabinov picked. The fight was fairly hard, but we won. Also in Celestic Town is Cyrus I, who has a bunch of things I don't like that happen to be weak to Ground, so thanks Sylgr. And with that, I finally get Surf.

First order of business - I need someone to Surf with. None of my current team can... wait... WHY CAN WEAVILE LEARN SURF????? Uh anyway, I drag my original starter out of the box as a temporary Surfer, but only long enough to meet Svol the Spheal. She's going to end up as my HM tank - the only HMs needed to complete the story are Surf, Waterfall, and Strength - but I figure I should get her in fighting shape anyway, So, I went to the trainer at the daycare compliments of my shiny Fly bot, and leveled her up to the rest of the team. Svol evolved to Sealeo and then Walrein in the process. I bench Hrid for now - I still need a Flier for a little while. A little HM hunting and some move tutoring later, I'm fairly happy with Svol's moveset and Gjoll has the all-important Thunderbolt. I think this is a good place to stop. Pal Park next!

The Team
471MS.png
478MS.png
473MS.png
460MS.png
461MS.png
365MS.png

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Mission 'Monotype Grass X' completed! I beat the E4 and Diantha on my first try, which I was not expecting at all.

Spoiler:

The UM one will have to wait for a while... having trouble with Ultra Necrozma and I'm not really feeling it. I want to complete a new one first:

Forum User Name: Count
Game: X
Pokémon Type: Fire
Mode: Single

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Ice Waves
471MS.png
478MS.png
473MS.png
460MS.png
461MS.png
365MS.png

Badges: 7/8

So I was redoing my EVs early on in this update, and it really made me appreciate the story of this run. So here's some fun facts:

1. With all EVs set to 0 by berries, Leiptr (Weavile) had the 2nd most SpDef on the team - which would have been the most had I not caught the Pokémon I caught last update
2. At 0 EVs, Fjorm (Glaceon)'s Defense was her only her 4th best stat (after SpA, Spe, and HP) but still good enough to be the best on the team
3. Half my team has -Def natures, including Fjorm. She is Hasty (+Spe -Def) and the two "tanky" members of this team - Sylgr (Mamoswine) and Svol (Walrein) - share the Gentle nature (+SpD -Def). The former actually has the lowest SpDef on the team despite the helpful Nature.
4. Hrid (Abomasnow), being Hrid, had the lowest value for Speed, Defense, and her primary offensive stat at 0 EV. In fact, her Speed was the 2nd worst individual stat on the team after Leiptr's blatantly useless SpA. Also have I mentioned that Abomasnow is garbage stat-wise?
5. And after all that complaining about the other 5 members' defenses, Gjoll (Froslass) actually had the lowest sum of her defensive stats (Def, SpDef, HP) prior to EV training.

Like I said - Monotypes are all about learning your strengths and weaknesses and playing around them. For me, this meant I had to make a few decisions while EVing. I decided to actually invest in Fjorm's Defense, simply because she is my best way of dealing with annoying Physical things, especially those named Infernape. I decided I needed a mixed tank just to act as a pivot, and Svol fit that role nicely. Because of calls like this, I could alleviate Sylgr from her previous role as a tank and move her smoothly into a role that fit better - a second fast Physical attacker to compliment Leiptr. This meant that two previously underwhelming members - Sylgr and Svol, could now provide more help by just doing a different job.

I still don't think I can save Hrid from her statline and typing though.
---

A detour to Pal Park is actually mandatory in Renegade Platinum, as it forces a fight with Darach of the Battle Castle. Again this is loseable, but, like, no. On the 3rd try I managed to win.

Canalave is next and OH JOY RABINOV IS HERE. He leads Staraptor into Gjoll, which was dumb of him. Arcanine is next, who Sylgr disposes of. Gjoll two-shots Heracross, then Fjorm takes out Torterra and Azumarill (but not before Azumarill KOed Gjoll and Svol). Leiptr does most of the damage against Snorlax, then Sylgr helps, and finally Fjorm lands the final blow, becoming the first to hit Lv50 in the process.

As per the pattern, Iron Island is of course mandatory. It's how they justify Bryon being like 10 levels above you. But first, a fight with Riley. Thanks in part due to a healthy dose of good RNG, Fjorm defeats all the things that scare me (Absol, Lucario, Metagross, Ursaring with Close Combat), leaving Gjoll to clean up the Slaking and Saladmence.

At this point though, things scare me. I'm only on-level and the next dungeon and gym throw a lot of things I don't like at me. So, training. I opt to just go to the trainer in Solaceon, as she can also help clean up my EVs. That means max Speed and Attack for Leiptr and Sylgr (I've given up on her being a tank at this point), max Speed and SpA for Gjoll, max SpDef with a splash of Def and HP for Svol, max SpA with a splash of Spd and Def for Fjorm, and max HP and Atk for Hrid. Overall the HP bars got a good bit smaller, but now Leiptr and Gjoll are literally never getting outsped ever and everybody does more damage (except Svol). I then overlevel my party a bit because Steel-types and head off to Iron Island, where literally nothing of importance happened.

Honestly I overlevelled too much, so Bryon was kinda trivial. I underestimated how fast Sylgr was. Anyway, Sylgr, Svol, and Gjoll split responsibility here, with Svol taking out Steelix in one shot, Gjoll OHKOing Forretress and Bronzong, and Sylgr pushing Earthquake on Magnezone, Aggron, and Bastiodon. Badge Get.

Lake subplot GO! Valor is a breeze, the whole mission was completed in 6 turns compliments of Gjoll. Leiptr, not to be outdone, puts on a similar show at Lake Verity.

Snowpoint Temple is my next destination (shoutout to Drayano for naming the temple guards Aran and Nephenee), where I solve some ice puzzles to help quell Regigigas. Now it's time to remind Candice who the best Ice-type user in the region is. Leiptr takes out Abomasnow in one Brick Break, Svol deals with Mamoswine, and then Leiptr returns to remove Froslass and Glaceon from the picture. Gjoll drops a couple Thunderbolts on Walrein (is this sounding familiar yet?), then MY Glaceon manages to completely destroy her Weavile. Our teams were literally identical, except that mine was way better. Coverage, yall. And EVs. They help too. Badge Get.

I am distinctly NOT in the mood for dealing with the Galactic HQ right now, so let's leave it at that,

The Team
471MS.png
478MS.png
473MS.png
460MS.png
461MS.png
365MS.png

Spoiler:

FactoriesFarAway

Youngster
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Forum User Name: FactoriesFarAway
Game(s): LeafGreen, HeartGold, Ruby, Platinum, Black, Y and Sun
Pokémon Type: Bug

Going to start off with LeafGreen. Chose Bug as I want to do something challenging, and I'm going to try as best as I can to stick to Pokemon that were introduced in the generation I'm playing (or in HG's case, the generation it's based upon)

Update #1 - Leaf Green Bug Monotype - Badge 1/8

Spoiler:

Update #2 - Leaf Green Bug Monotype - Badge 2/8
Spoiler:

Update #3 - Leaf Green Bug Monotype - Badge 3/8
Spoiler:

Update #4 - Leaf Green Bug Monotype - Badge 4/8
Spoiler:

Update #5 - Leaf Green Bug Monotype - Badge 5/8
Spoiler:

Update #6 - Leaf Green Bug Monotype - Badge 6/8

Spoiler:

Update #7 - Leaf Green Bug Monotype - Badge 7/8

Spoiler:

Update #8 - Leaf Green Bug Monotype - Badge 8/8

Spoiler:

Update #9 - Leaf Green Bug Monotype – Victory Road + Elite 4 FINAL PART

Spoiler:

Leaf Green Bug Monotype FIN!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
ok so five-six years ago i finished a water monotype run on firered. i think i'm going to continue the trend and move onto heart gold for another water monotype! i mayyy turn this into an ultimate but let's see if i finish heart gold before dedicating myself to the rest of the generations.

Forum User Name: Ash
Game: Heart Gold
Pokémon Type: Water
Mode: Single (for now)
Additional Rules: Cannot use any Pokemon I used in my Firered run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back