• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first Pokèmon game??

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Pokemon LeafGreen. But unfortunately I didn't really know what to do in the game, and I was stuck after beating Brock. My second game was Emerald, but I'd like to consider that as my first game since I actually made progress (but I never beat it).

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
Years
Pokemon Yellow was the first version I owned.

I got it for my 7th birthday from my Aunt. She had bought me both a gameboy color and a copy of the Yellow version, since I was always over at her house playing with my older cousin's Pokemon Red version. I was really happy.

Although it took me a while to understand the concept and I never actually beat yellow because Gary's jolteon destroy my whole team every single time.

But I've been faithful to ever gen since.

Yellow> Crystal> Sapphire> Diamon/Pearl> White> Black2> X/Y

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Pearl. Diamond and Pearl came out the summer before I was in fourth grade, and for the whole year so far I had begged my parents to get me a DS and a copy of the game. Every year my family would go up to Connecticut to visit my cousins for Thanksgiving. Since we wouldn't get to see them around Christmas time, we had our Christmas together the day after Thanksgiving. My grandma got me a DS and a copy of Pokemon Pearl. I played that game for the whole entire day, and for the whole three hour car ride home. I still play that game today, six years later.

Years
My first pokemon game was Pokemon Ruby i still have it today and play it when I'm bored. But i also use it to migrate my pokemon team to my Soul silver after i defeated the elite four.

Pokemon_Trainer_Red

Grand Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 24
  • Aus
  • Seen Jan 22, 2014
Pokemon fire red first game i ever played to my bro gave it to me and i would not get off it proudest moment was getting a lv100 charizard :)

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
My first pokemon game was a semi translated pokemon gold rom from japanese to english.I played it using an outdated emulator called symgb or something like that

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
My first Pokemon game (and one of my first video games for that matter) was Yellow when I was like 7 or something. Got that first, then did Red/Blue.

Years
My first was Crystal, which I got in 2003 when I was eight along with my Game Boy Advance. (It actually came with the GBA; everyone seems very surprised when I tell them that.) Oddly, at first I actually didn't spend that much time on the game, since I couldn't even get to Violet City for an embarrassingly long time and as a result I was too frustrated to play much. (I didn't realize you were supposed to go back up the way you'd come after talking to Professor Elm the second time and the trainers battling would no longer be there; I figured there was a secret path or something I hadn't found.)

Eventually I did figure it out, and then I beat the game rather quickly and got LeafGreen, Sapphire, and Colosseum within a few months of one another.

Back