• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
When I first gaze in this hack, I told myself that "Oh my... Really really bad Trainer/OW sprites" But when I move to the next 3 or 4 pages, I saw, wow, he changed his mind... now a better sprite :) well done. Anyways, I wonder how many Legends can be caught in this hack? And can 3 genie be one of whom could be caught? If then, I think you should add a stone-evolution in each of them to evolve into there terain form (sorry, I forgot how it spell), ex: Tornadus -> Tornadus T (Leaf stone) Thunderus -> Thunderus T (Thunder stone) Landorus -> Landorus T (Fire Stone) if it's possible.

Anyways, looking forward to see the first beta next month :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@ DiamondBlueMoon

"S"he changed H"er" mind.

But yes, I changed everything about twice now & I'm finally fully satisfied with the look/gameplay. I also changed my mind on the legends as now Most can be caught. Maybe 2 of'em no, but Most will be. Interesting concept on the other forms of the genies. Although I never thought of adding their other forms til you spoke of it.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Although I think this hack has a long way to go, I really admire the way that you push through that to bring out the best in your hack and manage to keep on making it better. I may not like some of the sprites, maps, or other things, but the way you promote this hack makes it seem that much better. I've lurked this a lot (no other way to make it sound less creepy... :P) and I'll keep on doing that. Good work, good luck, Godspeed.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hello people, if you guys had seen the last Darugis, it was too big for a ROM. So, I did a redo & it turned out great. Plz check it out below.

darugis_redone_version_64x64__not_for_public_by_thepokemonfusionist-d55wp8v.png

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Nice sprite Midnightshine but I don't quite agree having Rayquaza's arms on it....
Or maybe just recolor the arms with black...:)

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Guys, please understand that I put a lot of work into this one. Because it has to be 64x64, I heavily edited it & had to squeeze it to it's current size a lot.

You wanna know how much time I spent on it? 2 hours. That's bizarre coz normal fusions & recolors just take me 10-15 mins.

So, please bear with me. If you really can't take it, sorry, no more redo's unless more than 10 people protest.

!!!: Don't try to gather up people, I warn you.

~Mid, B2W2's Biggest Fan

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Guys, please understand that I put a lot of work into this one. Because it has to be 64x64, I heavily edited it & had to squeeze it to it's current size a lot.

You wanna know how much time I spent on it? 2 hours. That's bizarre coz normal fusions & recolors just take me 10-15 mins.

So, please bear with me. If you really can't take it, sorry, no more redo's unless more than 10 people protest.

~Mid, B2W2's Biggest Fan

hey man i wasn't trying to be rude ! All i said was that if the rayquaza arms would be better if they were recolored to black thats all ! And if i didn't said that the sprite was good well im sorry .But i think you simply misunderstood my post...i was trying to give some kind of a tip.I don't want to argue with anyone
Also tajaros said the same thing with me ( i think he liked it and i do like it too)

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Sorry to you too. I did not misunderstood, I completely understand what you posted. I just felt a little bit insulted.

~Mid, B2W2's Biggest Fan

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
@midnightshine well things like that usually happen
anyways from what i heard this game is going to be very long and the development longer .I think that ( im not sure) Dark Rising Girl will have a little problem with the fly spots ( depending on how many towns there will be) .Everyone who played Flora Sky,Light platinum or any other hack that has more cities than the original ones ( 17 fly spots in fire red ,16 in R/S/E) will get me.Is there any way to add more fly spots or you will have 17 towns exactly ?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
@MidnightShine

I do not mean to insult you so sorry, I liked the new sprite very much but I just got used to your other sprite with black arms that's all...

Also I'm getting good progress on the hack so just sit tight and relax... :D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

~Mid, B2W2's Biggest Fan
I do not think people want to insult your work but wanted to state their opinions on how to make that sprite better.

If only one complained then it would be obvious that you would not listen but since two people already complained I believe it would be wise to listen and at least try to satisfy them ;)

You should think that THEY are the ones who will be playing and THEY are going to rate your work ;) You shouldn't let the possibility of lower rate happen just because of some sprite :)

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years

I do not think people want to insult your work but wanted to state their opinions on how to make that sprite better.

If only one complained then it would be obvious that you would not listen but since two people already complained I believe it would be wise to listen and at least try to satisfy them ;)

You should think that THEY are the ones who will be playing and THEY are going to rate your work ;) You shouldn't let the possibility of lower rate happen just because of some sprite :)

Basically i did not complain i tried to give some constructive criticism about the sprite

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Dude, the Darugis sprite uses 21 colors, you can only have 16 in a palette in pokemon. You really don't have any other choice but to recolor the Rayquaza arms and Lugia wings. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's still too big for a ROM (colorwise this time)

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Dude, the Darugis sprite uses 21 colors, you can only have 16 in a palette in pokemon. You really don't have any other choice but to recolor the Rayquaza arms and Lugia wings. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's still too big for a ROM (colorwise this time)
Even if he recolor the wings and arms Darugis still looks like a super-powered version of Darkrai. I'm not trying to be rude but exactly what is Darugis suppose to look like? I actually like the sprite/splice but I don't know if it's a good enough version of Darugis if it's suppose to be a legendary fakemon. But I'll let DarkRisingGirl and Tajaros figure this out but this is my opinion.
I can't wait to try this game out though! Don't quit this hack! :)

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years

Actually we can use palletes with 16+ colors because were using Wichu Sprite Editor for you guys to know so Midnightshine its okay to make sprites greater than 16 colors... :D

Even if he recolor the wings and arms Darugis still looks like a super-powered version of Darkrai. I'm not trying to be rude but exactly what is Darugis suppose to look like? I actually like the sprite/splice but I don't know if it's a good enough version of Darugis if it's suppose to be a legendary fakemon. But I'll let DarkRisingGirl and Tajaros figure this out but this is my opinion.
I can't wait to try this game out though! Don't quit this hack! :)

Here's the answer for that.. :D

No, Darugis won't be catchable. Darugis is the final boss battle in the game. He's not even a pokemon so he can't be caught. He's just a gathering of all the negative energy in the world manifested into the 3 pokemon who's power it absorbed the most.
Beta 2 won't be the final one. Beta 2 will be concluded after you obtain the 8 badges of the first region & have an epic climax-like battle with a particular pokemon's shadow form. After the battle, the beta will end but that is not the end of the game because Darugis isn't defeated yet. So the cast travels to the next region called the "Omni" Region. I orginally planed to spilt it up into 2 hacks. But Tajaros gave me the idea to put it all in 1 hack because it'll be less work & overall just better. In That region, it'll have 8 gyms (The 8th gym leader being the champion of both regions) & tons of more events. It'll feel as if you're playing 2 hacks in 1. That's the goal...

Years
Hey, guess I am new to the site, but this isn't something I wanted to talk about.

You seem to have lots of new sprites in here, correct? If you need some refining, or new sprites in general, please tell me right away. I have experience with Final Fantasy Tactics sprites, Fire Emblem, and other games like that, so Pokemon should be fun to do. I would just need to learn some palette restrictions etc., if Pokemon have such.

So, without further ado, I am at your disposal, so throw some work at me. I was wondering about heroes sprites for example, you think I could look at them? :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey Everyone. Tajaros only has 7 more scripts to insert before he sends it back to me. Then, I'll put everything together & finalize it all. On that note however, we're still missing a title screen. I've tried countless times, Tajaros said he'll give it a shot but he's not too sure either. So I'm asking any viewers on the thread; If anyone will be available in the upcoming week(s) & knows how to insert a titlescreen, (It can be any design you desire, just as long as it's dark & has Arceus's sprite on it) please PM Me. Thank You!

@_Kagebunji

At the moment, I won't be needing any new sprites. But as progress goes on, I will definetly need new design sprites for 6 of the 2nd region's gym leaders. I'll PM you soon or by next month, as I may want one of those gym leaders to make an appearance in an earlier role on Beta2.

@_ Everyone Else

Guys, there's no need to worry too much about Darugis Yet. I know we're making very quick progress, but you won't be seeing Darugis In-Game for a very long time. So MidnightShine has awhile to try coloring the arms black. We've been trying to find a Shiny Rayquaza 64x64 B/W sprite for him but we couldn't. That's what he needed. But since we couldn't find it, he stuck with the green arms. But I'm positive by the time we're up to Darugis, they'll be plenty of B/W Shiny Rayquaza sprites for him to choose from & edit it.

Last edited:
Back