• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Forest - The Real Life Pokemon Game

Col~

Effeler
Years
Hey everyone, Col here, back from my seemingly endless break from the forums. Last night, I decided to start a Pokemon game completely free from badges, catching, and training Pokemon. I call it: Pokemon Forest. I've written up a basic intro to the game:

"...rrr...."

"...mmhhmmm...."

"...wh-wha...."

"...What's going on...?"

"...Where am I...?"

You're in Pokemon Forest. A wondrous place where you get to live freely as a Pokemon, and unlike PMD, you don't have to help other Pokemon unless you want to. You can be any one of the 493 available Pokemon. How you got there? Who knows? You might've been abandoned? Or did you run away from home? It doesn't matter.

The game will run off the DS's internal clock, for a real time, full time, anytime game. It's like the Pokemon version of Animal Crossing.

The point is: live freely as a Pokemon. Or you can choose to live with someone. There's a ton of possibilities!

EagleRunner021

Trainer of the Fittest
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
Sounds like a really fun game. You should definately put the option of mating and raising poke-children on there, too =P

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
hmm, looks interesting.
if ya want, i can help ya map if ya want...just pm n send me the tilesets..tat is if im accepted lolz ^^

Col~

Effeler
Years
thanks pokem4niac. i havent even started the "storyboard" sketch of the forest area. but when i have, ill give you a shout.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
To choose from all 493 to play as instantly gets my rating of this game down.
If you're going to make this on DS Homebrew you're going to have a fairly good working knowledge of it, which few people have.
You're also going to need to develop the story better, just playing as a Pokemon in the forest will get boring very quickly.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
This game idea has been done before.

Unless you can top Mystery Dungeon or Ruby Destiny, I don't recommend you waste your time.

I really don't see your point InMooseWeTrust, because what about most of the other fan games, there also "done before"
So I think this is a good idea, but all 493 Pokemon that's a bit too much in my opinion

Likewise

Bye.
Years
*sigh* don't mind in moose we trust he's always negative

anyway it's a pretty good idea! not all 493 though becuase someone's gonna pic Arceus xD, maybe just the starters and eevee and pikachu since they were starter in other games.

timekaiser

Friend Code: 1634 5420 3920
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2010
i think it should be all unlegend 1st stage pokemon but all of the pokemon in the game

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I don't get it.
It's not that I don't understand the idea of the game, it's that I don't get the appeal in making a game like this.

Back