• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your First Shiny

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
The first Shiny Pokemon I saw was an Oddish. Unfortunately, because I was at the tender age of five at the time, I didn't realise that it was so rare, and so I fainted it, just like I would have any other Pokemon. It was only three years later, when I worked out what the hell Shiny Pokemon were, that I realised what I had done...

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
My very first shiny on FireRed was a shiny Caterpie caught in Viridian Forest. In leafgreen I did not managed to capture a shiny geodude because I only have 1 pokeball left T_T

While I managed to capture a shiny zubat in Ruby and a shiny tentacool in Emerald.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
My first Shiny was a Shiny Regirock, I was in so much shock, and was able to capture it. :)
This was in Pokemon Emerald by the way.

Melody

Banned
Years
My first ever true shiny that I didn't hack, receive from storyline or otherwise even look for occurred in Generation 3. It was a Shiny Spinda in Emerald, and I named her "Emerald" :3

Champloo

RNG Expert
Years
My first shiny was on my Sapphire game. It was an awesome looking Electrike, at first I was like wait he's not blue? Lol I then realized what had happened and was ecstatic :)

Years
First was a shiny Lotad that i evolved into Ludicolo
Then a Shroomish => Breloom
Oddish => Vileplume
Gulpin => Swalot
and my newest is Beldum => Metagross (the only one i still have)

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
My first in gen 3 was cacnea i didn't figue out what it was. 2nd was wurmple and 3rd was swellow. just luckly i guess.
also got buizel and victreebell in diamond.

-Boysenberry

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I think it was my Spinda in Sapphire Version. That or Oddish, I'm not sure. I caught like over half a dozen shinies in Gen III though so it was a lucky gen for me :p

Emfg

Ohlong
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
Never caught a shiny. Only seen one ever, which was on my friends Fire Red. A shiny marrowak. He actually made me believe you had to have played more than 400 hours. I passed the 450 hours played on Leaf Green without ever seeing a shiny.

Wait.

There was once a time I saw a shiny in my own game. I had started a new Leaf Green save game for teh lulz (without saving ofc), got to the point where you meet the old man who teaches you how to catch a pokémon and I kid you not, the weedle was a shiny weedle... Or at least it seemed shiny o_o

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
I've been fortunate enough to encounter quite a number of shiny Pokemon on my Fire Red saved file:

Skarmory on Seven Island
Tentacool in Icefall Cave
Electrode in Cerulean Cave
Rhyhorn in the Safari Zone

In Leaf Green, I caught a shiny Bellsprout on Route 15 and a shiny Geodude in Mt. Ember.

In Emerald, the only shiny I've ever encountered and failed to capture is a shiny Rhyhorn in Hoenn's Safari Zone (about a month after I caught my shiny Rhyhorn in the Fuchsia Safari Zone).

SonOfASubmariner

Not the only one with an avatar R/B Golbat related
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 19, 2017
My first Gen 3 shiny was a Fearow from Route 23 on an old playthrough of FireRed. It was back in 2005... I think.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
I happened to stumble upon a shiny Meowth in my Pokemon Fire Red, and although Persian's shiny is lacking uniqueness, a shiny is a shiny.

Years
Whismur in Sapphire. I caught it right when I got to the cave where they first appeared, though sadly I don't have mine anymore. D:

Back