View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2013 (10:11 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
    Hm... as I've pretty much said a while back, several months ago. If there was ever a Light-type introduced it would balance out typing very well.

And to those who think that "adding in a new type would cause imbalances with many Pokémon", it won't. There's plenty of room for a type or two, I can tell you that it's impossible to take out a Spiritomb in one turn unless you're at a level that's more higher than Spiritomb. And as for Tynamo, Eelektrik, Eelektross... they can only be taken out in one turn if the player's Pokémon has Mold Breaker ability.

So those things tell me... that there's room to counter those issues, Electric-type only has one weakness, while Ghost and Dark types have Pokémon that have a Ghost/Dark type combination.

Anything can happen, if Fairy-type became a reality... it could be strong against Electric types due to it's illusion-like attacks to conducting electricity and fire. And if Light-type became a reality, it would be strong against both Ghost and Dark types, which would take out Pokémon like Spirtomb in one turn, due to the attacks based on light wavelengths (eg. infrared, ultraviolet, visible light, gamma ray).

It really doesn't matter what type they introduce in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, Game Freak will figure a way to balance them all out... for every Pokémon. And if you're wondering why there was problems with the typing in Generation I, it was due to the lack of types, lack of development team and amount of time they had back then. They've come a long way since those days, and many things have changed since then.

Just saying.
    but spiritomb and eleektross created like this that they won't have any weakness