• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Have you ever felt guilty for hurting Audino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Only Time I ever felt bad about it was by killing it by accident when EV training and getting 2 in HP EV that I didn't want. Other than that its great for healing you, then killing it.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Not at all.
In fact I HAVE FURY!!!! at them. I didn't know about the trick to making them appear early on in the game and so my friend got WAAAAAAAY ahead of me, so now I brutally destroy any Audino I see, which I see a lot.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Where's the Durant comic?

No, I don't feel guilty. Giant Chasm is where I go for Audino. Lv47-50. Yeah.
Was stunned when I saw a wild Tangrowth.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
After all the things THEY did for me:

Porygon
Lvl. 1
Lucky Egg

Conversion
Shadow Ball
Toxic
Sharpen

Wild Audino appeared! *Insert innocent cry here*
Go! Porygon! "Iiiiiaaaauaaa-aaa!"
Porygon traced Audino's Healer!
Porygon used Conversion! Porygon became the POSION type!
Audino used Double-Edge! The attack missed!
Porygon used Conversion! Porygon became the NORMAL type!
Audino used Entertainment! But it failed!
Porygon used Conversion! Porygon became the POSION type!
Audino used Double-Edge!
A critical hit!"Iiiiiaaaauaaa-aaa..." Porygon fainted!
Porygon used Curse!

*6 failed attempts later*

Porygon used Conversion! Porygon became the GHOST type!
Audino used Take Down! It doesn't effect Porygon.
Porygon used Toxic!

*6 turns of Sharpening later*

Audino used Take Down! It doesn't effect Porygon,
Audino fainted! *THUD*
Porygon gained over 9000! EXP.

Porygon leveled up to 30!

Thinking back, I would have rather ground those levels manually then go through the pain it took to get that trick to work. So perhaps I do in fact feel bad for fighting Audino, bad that I had to go through so much effort in order to level off one!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 27, 2017
I've only KOed a few Audino when playing my friend's file to level her Pokemon up. I do feel bad; such sweet little things yet they just have to be Public Enemy #1 for EXP fodder. Yet I still jump at the chance to get EXP from one... N would be disgusted with us.

Also, even if they are "just pixels", there's nothing wrong with feeling sorry for them (or sentimental value for your own Pokemon for that matter). They try to make games emotional, even if the characters you grow to love aren't real.

On a side note, I just bet someone is going to write a creepypasta of all the Audino they ever "killed" coming back from the dead to haunt them.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
Years
I don't feel bad actually. The only pokemon I feel bad about taking out in the wild is actually lillipup because I own a 10 month old yorkie, and so everytime I KO one it chips away at my heartstrings, lmao.

But I hardly have the patience to just sit there and wait for an audino to show up anyway, and whenever I fought them it was early in the game and they did nothing to help my team or attack my team besides being there for exp fodder and taking 5 minutes to defeat because of the hp.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I originally didn't feel guilty. Then this comic made me realize that it really does just help you (unless it doubleslaps you). :< Now I feel guilty. Just before the E4 too and my plan to train was Audino grinding. ;o;

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012
I don't feel bad, every time I see one of them it uses Take Down and never Heal Pulse, so... :P

SeanTheOriginal

Serious trainer is serious
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 18, 2011
I have a Shiny Audino, so I don't have to feel guilty for slaughtering the lot of them.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
Nah, i just think of them as being masochist pokemons. They get the pleasure, and i get the EXP i want from them. A win-win situation for the both of us :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Nope, don't feel guilty at all

*Culls a large crowd of squealing Audinos*

They're cute but.......think of the exp! The exp! D:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I do feel a bit bad for fainting them. Especially because they are the Pokemon I seem to go for when I train my Pokemon. I must have defeated hundreds since I started the game. And then they start using Take Down and Double-Edge which annoys me. But before I defeat it it usually undoes all the damage it's done to me with Healing Pulse. That's what makes me feel bad.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I see Audino as a bit of an annoyance because whenever I go into shaking grass, they almost always show up. Whenever I see one, I always run from it because even though they give out a lot of EXP, they give out 2 HP EVs to go with them. I run from them instead of battling them because I EV train my in-game teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back