• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How To Import Maps!

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hello everyone tajaros here with another Tutorial. This Tutorial will teach you how to Import your Maps into another Rom.

Things that you would need:
1. Advance Map 1.95
2. Hex Editor (I'll be using HxD)
3. Calculator
4. ROMS (I used Pokemon Firered)
5. Brain

First open you Rom in A-map.
Spoiler:

Credits:
LU-HO

If you didn't understand anything or have anymore further questions just contact me via VM/PM.

Years
Just wondering, is it possible to import an emerald map into fire red? Let's say I want to insert Littleroot into a fire red rom, can I then create a new map, save it and then just paste littleroot into the game the way you just did it? If not, is this impossible using the fire red rom, or do you need to do a ****load of tile- and palettework?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Just wondering, is it possible to import an emerald map into fire red? Let's say I want to insert Littleroot into a fire red rom, can I then create a new map, save it and then just paste littleroot into the game the way you just did it? If not, is this impossible using the fire red rom, or do you need to do a ****load of tile- and palettework?

For you to import Littleroot town to Fr, I think you need to import the RSE Tile System to FR with all the tilesets and the palletes. And I think it should work if you try to import the code from Emerald to FireRed. Though I'm not sure if the codes are the same.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2016
Pretty cool. I was wondering though, somewhat similar to Conner...

Is there a way to import FireRed tiles into Emerald? I'm trying to make a hack for Emerald and can't seem to find a good way of importing hundreds of tiles. I could do it manually but that'd take ages.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Pretty cool. I was wondering though, somewhat similar to Conner...

Is there a way to import FireRed tiles into Emerald? I'm trying to make a hack for Emerald and can't seem to find a good way of importing hundreds of tiles. I could do it manually but that'd take ages.

It won't actually take ages...

Use this thread for that... http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270288

Though Ruby and Sapphire are the only ones in it.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
You can just directly insert a map with advance map 1.90. I'm not sure if the download is available anymore, but it supports this kinda work without the hex editing. Only drawback is that the multi-tile select mapping crashes your ROM with 1.90. As such, I use 1.90 for inserting maps and a newer version for actual mapping :)

EDIT:
I just thought I'd share that, but if you're forgetful and accidentally map on 1.90 then you're gonna have a bad time (most of the time). In which case, this tutorial is the way you should probs do it :)

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
You can just directly insert a map with advance map 1.90. I'm not sure if the download is available anymore, but it supports this kinda work without the hex editing. Only drawback is that the multi-tile select mapping crashes your ROM with 1.90. As such, I use 1.90 for inserting maps and a newer version for actual mapping :)

EDIT:
I just thought I'd share that, but if you're forgetful and accidentally map on 1.90 then you're gonna have a bad time (most of the time). In which case, this tutorial is the way you should probs do it :)

I might be wrong, excuse me if I do, but a-map 1.92 does the exact same thing you mentioned there.

I remember searching in a-map 1.95 for this feature, but wasn't able to find it.
But I certainly remember one a-map doing this, and since i never used 1.90 it just has to be 1.92.

Anyways since I never really used this thing,Idk about any errors that can occur while doing it by just loading.
So it might be hte best way to import it this way.

Nice tut tajaros:)

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I might be wrong, excuse me if I do, but a-map 1.92 does the exact same thing you mentioned there.

I remember searching in a-map 1.95 for this feature, but wasn't able to find it.
But I certainly remember one a-map doing this, and since i never used 1.90 it just has to be 1.92.

Anyways since I never really used this thing,Idk about any errors that can occur while doing it by just loading.
So it might be hte best way to import it this way.

Nice tut tajaros:)

I don't think 1.92 lets you replace maps, does it? It just makes Pallette town 3.66 right? I don't know I'll have to double check :P

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Let's say I want to take a map from a newer gen. Could I make my own Sandgem map, then replace Virdian with that? (Think of me as an expert mapper, even though i'm not)
If it can't be done plz tell me, cuz i don't want to ask someone to help me do something impossible.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Let's say I want to take a map from a newer gen. Could I make my own Sandgem map, then replace Virdian with that? (Think of me as an expert mapper, even though i'm not)
If it can't be done plz tell me, cuz i don't want to ask someone to help me do something impossible.

No, the data for the 4th and 3rd gen are different, I guess you have to redraw everything so it will look like Sandgem Town.

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
No, the data for the 4th and 3rd gen are different, I guess you have to redraw everything so it will look like Sandgem Town.

So it would work if I made my own map? I wanted to know because I plan on replacing all of the Sevii islands with the Sinnoh regions. I would rather copy and paste someone else's work and give them credit, because I REALLY don't like mapping. I prefer scripting and HEX editing. They're so much easier for me.

I'll give it my best shot.
TweenyTodd

Back