• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I don't think that special Krookodile will get nasty plot. Hydreigon can't learn nasty plot, and it's a specially based pokemon, PLUS it is part dark-type, Y U NO LEARN! This always bugged me how it can't learn nasty plot, I mean c'mon! Even Togepi can learn it!!!!

Well.. who knows? Nasty Plot can be a move tutor move.

I do agree that an alternate Krokorok evo that's on the special side can be amazing~ Asuming that it does have a base 117 Special Attack. I wish more pokemon can have alternate evos; like an alternate Ferroseed evo can be on the attacking side, than on the defensive side.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Physical Ferrothorn (well, alternate evolution)... uhh wouldn't make sense imo. :( It's a thorn it's meant to be spikey and hurt and be hard to take down.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Physical Ferrothorn (well, alternate evolution)... uhh wouldn't make sense imo. :( It's a thorn it's meant to be spikey and hurt and be hard to take down.

But a lot of pokemon are spikey. Just because it's spikey, doesn't mean it can't be a fighting machine, imo. @___@

I mean, Cacturne is spikey, but it can battle well in the NU metagame?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
There are several evolutions that I would love to see in XY, including the aforementioned Absol. I also want one for the awesomeness that is Dunsparce, possibly the first Normal-Ground type. But as for pre-evos, there is one, and only one, that I will be hoping for: a baby Kangaskhan. Of all the babies they've created so far, they keep forgetting to include the most obvious one. xD

I think the problem with this is that some of Kangaskhan's pokedex entries state that they never let their young out of their sight. (or something along those lines) The reasoning the developers are probably going by is that it would be unnatural to have a baby Kangaskhan without it's mother/father around too.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't see why an alternate evolution to Ferrothorn couldn't be a physical attacker. I have to agree with Doronjo, spikey =/= defensive. I could see it as a growth from a seed (since you know, Ferroseed), and evolving into a different form than what Ferrothorn is. Plus, it's typing lends it to have some decent STAB attacks (Power Whip and Iron Head) that it could definitely use.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How about an alternate Axew final form, it can be defense and gain the Steel typing upon evolution.

Wonder if we'll get more gender evolutions, if so a male buneary evolution would be much appreciated, oh and a female Machoke evolution too.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The Axew line already has enough going for it honestly, with it being pseudo-legendary status. Adding onto it would just make it weird. Besides, neither Axew or Fraxure have anything about them that would suggest an evolution into a Steel type.

I would definitely like a male counterpart to Buneary though. Machop-Machoke-Machamp though aren't going to change =P Machoke evolving into a female form after it's current appearance would just be...awkward to say the least =x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I guess you guys are right it's just I'm sooo used to Ferrothorn being defensive it's hard to imagine an alternate evolution being offensive lmao.

As for Haxorus/Axew lines, yes, I would keep it how it is now. Haxorus is way strong and I don't think it needs an alternate evolution to make it stronger. ;_;

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The Axew line already has enough going for it honestly, with it being pseudo-legendary status. Adding onto it would just make it weird. Besides, neither Axew or Fraxure have anything about them that would suggest an evolution into a Steel type.

I would definitely like a male counterpart to Buneary though. Machop-Machoke-Machamp though aren't going to change =P Machoke evolving into a female form after it's current appearance would just be...awkward to say the least =x

Axew isn't a Psuedo Legend. Only Hydreigon is a Psuedo Legend in Gen 5. Haxorus doesn't have enough Base Stat to be considered a Psuedo and it isn't dual typed.

It would be cool and weird for it to gain an alternate evolution that could become a Psuedo though if it gains steel typing. And Fraxure has plate like scales starting to form which could indicate it becoming steel typed, but then again there are Pokemon that don't look like their evolutions should have gained their secondary typing in the past.

Plapitoad and Seismitoad don't have too much on them that signifies Ground Typing. No one saw Tepig evolving into Fire/Fighting when the pictures were first released. Probopass doesn't have a very steely look to it. Drapion doesn't really seem all that dark. Corphish doesn't really have anything that makes it look like it would evolve into a Dark type, and Crawdaunt doesn't look Dark type. Altaria doesn't look like a Dragon, nether do Vibrava or Flygon and looking at Trapinch you'd expect it to be part bug and them evolve into part bugs instead of how it evolves. Starmie doesn't really seem like a Psychic type, but it is. Not much about Cloyster or Dewgong screams Ice type. Nidoking and Nidoqueen aren't very earthy in appearance but are ground types.

From Gen 1 and onward we have many Pokemon that don't show what type they would evolve into and some questionable type combinations that just don't really show on the Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That would be weird, I don't think there's been an alternate evolution stronger in terms of BST compared to it's counterpart.

As for the forementioned Ferroseed alternate it can be a rose like Pokemon with sharp thorns covered with steel, and uses them to slash it's opponents.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Well.. who knows? Nasty Plot can be a move tutor move.

I do agree that an alternate Krokorok evo that's on the special side can be amazing~ Asuming that it does have a base 117 Special Attack. I wish more pokemon can have alternate evos; like an alternate Ferroseed evo can be on the attacking side, than on the defensive side.

I cannot see Ferrothorn having an attacking counterpart, I just don't see it. Ferrothorn is my favourite grass type of all time, and I like its typing and its ability, I like it the way it is - a staller (one of the very few introduced in gen 5). Besides, Ferrothorn already has a pretty respectable 94 attack stat, plus has access to the powerwhip so you water types can say bye-bye. Curse and gyro ball are also a great combo for Ferrothorn, curse ups the power of gyro ball by 2 stages and increases defense, so Ferrothorn doesn't need an attacking counterpart because it can already destroy stuff.
Ferrothorn is also a very good staller, as he has access to stealth rock and toxic (even though everything can learn toxic, but it's still good), and can ruin your day with thunder wave.

This is why Ferrothorn is OU.

Does not need an attacking counterpart.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I cannot see Ferrothorn having an attacking counterpart, I just don't see it. Ferrothorn is my favourite grass type of all time, and I like its typing and its ability, I like it the way it is - a staller (one of the very few introduced in gen 5). Besides, Ferrothorn already has a pretty respectable 94 attack stat, plus has access to the powerwhip so you water types can say bye-bye. Curse and gyro ball are also a great combo for Ferrothorn, curse ups the power of gyro ball by 2 stages and increases defense, so Ferrothorn doesn't need an attacking counterpart because it can already destroy stuff.
Ferrothorn is also a very good staller, as he has access to stealth rock and toxic (even though everything can learn toxic, but it's still good), and can ruin your day with thunder wave.

This is why Ferrothorn is OU.

Does not need an attacking counterpart.

I don't think we're in the right to assume what something needs and what something does not needs yet, but, I'm just arguing that it'd be nice to see an attacking counterpart. Because look -- while it is a good staller, just because there is one way of looking at a pokemon, doesn't mean it's the only way. I mean, it can also perfectly be well be a special attacking part. It can learn brilliant special attack moves, you know.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I don't think we're in the right to assume what something needs and what something does not needs yet, but, I'm just arguing that it'd be nice to see an attacking counterpart. Because look -- while it is a good staller, just because there is one way of looking at a pokemon, doesn't mean it's the only way. I mean, it can also perfectly be well be a special attacking part. It can learn brilliant special attack moves, you know.

That's true, Ferrothorn can learn thunder, but 54 sp atk just won't work, even Blissey hits harder in special attack.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Surskit should get an alternative evolution that keeps it's Bug/Water typing.

Always liked Surskit but then it evolves into such a boring and plentiful type combination.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm quite frankly surprised no one has mentioned a Kangaskhan pre-evo yet, unless I'm missing a post. xD;

It has actually! It was debunked a bit though since the Pokédex states that they never leave their young, so the whole baby in the pouch being a pre-evolution wouldn't make sense.

I'd actually love to see a Delibird evolution. I feel like it's just a giant gimmick waiting for it to be taken up the next step. Maybe a more full-on Santa appearance (I mean, not like a beard or anything =P), which is what it's going for.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I could actually see that. Chatot is pretty basic in design with rather mediocre stats. Definitely has room to grow and evolve! Maybe like a toucan instead of a parakeet? I don't know, I just get toucan from it.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
You would certainly be correct. I'd actually love to see it maybe be brought in early game this generation to show that off. Maybe not like the first route early but by the 4th badge.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Idc if it comes from Chatot or not I want a toucan. :3 But mainly I think it'd be an interesting physical/speed attacker maybe, to kind of oppose what Chatot has!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Idc if it comes from Chatot or not I want a toucan. :3 But mainly I think it'd be an interesting physical/speed attacker maybe, to kind of oppose what Chatot has!

Well if it comes from Chatot having a stat switch basing it on physical attacks would be weird. If it was something new I could see that happening. Although I'd love it not to be a normal/flying type, but I have no idea what else it could be. It's tropical, but not water based or anything so I wouldn't even know.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
idk, maybe pure flying could fit it...? Not sure anything else could really fit it from what we have. :x

Back