• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:Dark amber (Fakemon game)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
NEW DISCORD SERVER: https://discord.gg/PCMSa

I have created a discord server for this game,this is for suggestions for the game,submissions for fakemon art or just your opinions.

Hack box art.jpg box art and will change in the coming future)

POKEMON DARK AMBER:
A new adventure in a new land followed with new and undiscovered pokemon.

This is still in the thought out process so there are many things missing but will be added as it goes along.

What will this hack include?

Firstly,this is going to be a 386 hack,could change later into development but I am pretty set on keeping it to 386.

Many new pokemon(fakemon) which will include new typings that have never been used in the Pokemon franchise.

Some moves will get changes,for example the HMs will become more useful in battle. (Cut and Rocksmash will get a power boost,whilst Flash doing 20 base but lower defence and special defence by 1 stage).

Some existing pokemon will be getting new evolutions and pre-evolutions,these include so far:
Tropius -> Tropigon (Grass/Dragon)
Skarix (Flying) ->Skarmory

The starters will still follow the standard Fire,Water,Grass but they will be all new and unique pokemon.

Also some pokemon are going to be getting some type changes(similar to the alolan-forms) and this will tie into the story in some way. I have decided on a few of these already.
For example:
Crystal onix 2.jpg
Onix-Ice/Ground
Pokedex entry: The Ice snake pokemon: Due to recent climate changes Onix relocated to colder mountains and caves,due to this its diet and typing change. Onix now feeds off of Snorunt.

Stats will be updated to gen 7 although I will add a few stat changes myself although they wont be major.

Fairy typing and the Physical and special split will be implemented.

Ofcourse as I am new any help will be appreciated and credited,
whether it is help with fakemon sprites or just help on hacking.

More information will come in the short future,

IF anyone does want to submit any art or fakemon sprites then send them through PM or email [email protected]

Attachments

• Crystal onix.jpg
    Crystal onix.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I suggest only doing fakemon if you are very good at spriting.

Also, making a large number of fakemon is very time intensive and many people underestimate that. I suggest limiting the number you make to a couple dozen at first (or even just a dozen), and then later on after you've developed the story and scripts consider adding more on if you truly wish.

On the other hand, if a fakemon dex is really what you have your heart set on (i don't really see any mention here of your story idea) you may want to consider making a sideshow showcase hack where the main storyline is the same but the graphics, and images have been changed to new pokemon.

I personally recommend most people try a minor hack before a major one, as it will give you skills, a hack base that you can then use for a storyline hack (there is nothing saying you can't develop a fakemon dex placed ontop kanto, place that in sideshow, then use that hack as a base to develop a second, storyline based hack.) and will be completed much more quickly; many major hacks are never completed at all, but most sideshow hacks I see are.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
I suggest only doing fakemon if you are very good at spriting.

Also, making a large number of fakemon is very time intensive and many people underestimate that. I suggest limiting the number you make to a couple dozen at first (or even just a dozen), and then later on after you've developed the story and scripts consider adding more on if you truly wish.

On the other hand, if a fakemon dex is really what you have your heart set on (i don't really see any mention here of your story idea) you may want to consider making a sideshow showcase hack where the main storyline is the same but the graphics, and images have been changed to new pokemon.

I personally recommend most people try a minor hack before a major one, as it will give you skills, a hack base that you can then use for a storyline hack (there is nothing saying you can't develop a fakemon dex placed ontop kanto, place that in sideshow, then use that hack as a base to develop a second, storyline based hack.) and will be completed much more quickly; many major hacks are never completed at all, but most sideshow hacks I see are.

I am new to it but doing fair bit of research to it,alot of it will be trail and error i am sure.
There will be a fair few of fakemon but not entirely of. Making a hack that just replaces pokemon etc may be a good idea,will get me to learn a fair bit.

Thank you for the criticism. The more the merrier.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 31, 2020
It could totally work if you wanted it to. From what you said, it's a little too vague to tell you if it's a good idea or a bad idea. Could go either way.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
It could totally work if you wanted it to. From what you said, it's a little too vague to tell you if it's a good idea or a bad idea. Could go either way.
I left it abit vague to see if people would be interested in the game with the majority of fakemon. I have a good idea of what I am planning which i will create a thread on at some point.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 31, 2020
I left it abit vague to see if people would be interested in the game with the majority of fakemon. I have a good idea of what I am planning which i will create a thread on at some point.

Personally, I prefer real pokemon to fake pokemon. But if it was a really good game, I would play it either way. If you wanna go with fakemon, go for it. But I hope you're good at spriting. Cuz I'm not, and i hate it :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
Personally, I prefer real pokemon to fake pokemon. But if it was a really good game, I would play it either way. If you wanna go with fakemon, go for it. But I hope you're good at spriting. Cuz I'm not, and i hate it :P

Well I do plan on having actual pokemon in it aswell. Just havent decided on a ratio yet on it.

Ive started practice on spriting and will keep on trying till I have gotten better at it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 31, 2020
Good luck man. Lemme know when it's playable. I'd love to check it out. Also, if you need help with anything feel free to ask. Maybe I can help

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
Here are some ideas:

Early Counters

• A normal pok?mon that evolves into a normal/ghost type on level 20.
  • The base bird: normal/flying pok?mon that evolves into a grass/flying on later levels 16 & 32.

Next Routes

• A normal/flying pok?mon that evolves into a electric/flying on level 20. This pok?mon has the ability pickup.
  • A bug pok?mon that evolves differently depending the genre (level 10/16). If it's a male it evolves into a bug/dragon on it's final stage (level 16). It will learn dragon rage when it evolves & learn a move on later levels that cuts the target health into two similar to super fang. If it's a female than it will evolves in bug/fairy on it's final stage. It's signature move is a healing move that restores 50% of your maximum health. This move can be used out of combat one time every pok?mon visit that heals a pok?mon by 50% even when fainted.
  • A bug/fire pok?mon. A sort of firefly that evolves on level 23. It's ability is flame body.

Narwhal

Meme Lord
Years
If you want some help with fakemon and making a fakemon related hack message me! I can teach you some cool stuff with creating Fakemon that look aesthetically pleasing

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Here are some ideas:

Early Counters

• A normal pok?mon that evolves into a normal/ghost type on level 20.
  • The base bird: normal/flying pok?mon that evolves into a grass/flying on later levels 16 & 32.

Next Routes

• A normal/flying pok?mon that evolves into a electric/flying on level 20. This pok?mon has the ability pickup.
  • A bug pok?mon that evolves differently depending the genre (level 10/16). If it's a male it evolves into a bug/dragon on it's final stage (level 16). It will learn dragon rage when it evolves & learn a move on later levels that cuts the target health into two similar to super fang. If it's a female than it will evolves in bug/fairy on it's final stage. It's signature move is a healing move that restores 50% of your maximum health. This move can be used out of combat one time every pok?mon visit that heals a pok?mon by 50% even when fainted.
  • A bug/fire pok?mon. A sort of firefly that evolves on level 23. It's ability is flame body.

You should consider making most of your dual types their final type at their first stage because people aren't going to go 'oh, I recognize this pokemon, it turns into a part grass at level 30 I have to get it' since these are brand new pokemon, although the bug one is a good idea since that's two different evos. For instance, nintendo had a fire/flying bird early on, so there's no reasoning not to have your starting bird electric/flying to match unless you want to make the first gym harder or something (and if it's a ground gym, it won't make it easier anyway).

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
You should consider making most of your dual types their final type at their first stage because people aren't going to go 'oh, I recognize this pokemon, it turns into a part grass at level 30 I have to get it' since these are brand new pokemon, although the bug one is a good idea since that's two different evos. For instance, nintendo had a fire/flying bird early on, so there's no reasoning not to have your starting bird electric/flying to match unless you want to make the first gym harder or something (and if it's a ground gym, it won't make it easier anyway).
I would do it like this:

Normal, evolve level 20
Normal/Ghost
Normal/Flying, evolve level 16
Grass/Flying, evolve level 32
Grass/Flying

The electric/flying is debatable. However their is a good reason why even Fletchling starts with normal/flying and not fire/flying like it's evolutions. Most game are designed from a perspective your play the game for the first time and not that your an expert on all strength & weaknesses of a pokémon. This doesn't actually is a problem in a rom hack. However it's important to have add least some of these elements in your game since following them naturally improves the quality of your game in the long run.

I do admit that Electric/Flying & Normal/Flying have a hugh weakness shift in them so it might be a good idea to start with an Electric/Flying as well. However I think it's important to keep the normal/flying for the base bird since grass naturally has a lot more early weaknesses and having the protection in the early stage can help a lot similar to how Fletchling functions.

The bug offcourse don't get their dragon or fairy type until it's final stage offcourse so:

Bug, evolve level 10
Bug, evolve level 16
Bug/Dragon (male), Bug/Fairy (female)

For the 1st Gym I was actually thinking about a bug gym where the gym leaders are actually a pair where you fight in a dubble battle with the bug/dragon & the bug/fairy on the battlefield. The game would start really hard this way (bit the reversed on the pokémon ballance). The strategy would be that you need to focus the bug/dragon first before he can oneshot your entire team with dragon rage.

I think pokémon hacks need to introduce mechanics like this more often where you need a strategy to actually win every gym fight. This way every gym is a challenge:

A normal gym that works with return, quick attack & superfang moveset.
A grass gym that works with solar beam, sunny day and flamethrower combinations.
A poison gym that works with drain tank & rest combination all when poisoning your enemy.
A suicide gym that works with explosion, ghost curse and take down users.
etc

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
I haven't got much done yet as work has been drilling me into the ground and with a 8 week old daughter spare time has been limited,so alot of the work is still in note form.

Although these are some of the things I have come up with so far;

The 3 starters will still be the initial Grass,Water and fire,but will earn a secondary typing on their final stage.
The starters will also be based on dinosaurs,Pliosaur,Velciraptor(fire but this may change to Giganotosaurus) and Diplodicus(Grass).

Eevee will get a new evolution.

Some existing pokemon will get pre-evolutions and new evolutions,one being tropius(my favourite pokemon).

I plan on adding new pokemon type combinations;electric/poison for example.

Ofcourse the Fairy typing will be present so the type match ups will be updated.

Gen 4 Physical/Special split will ofcourse be inserted.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
If you want some help with fakemon and making a fakemon related hack message me! I can teach you some cool stuff with creating Fakemon that look aesthetically pleasing
What sort of cool stuff? As in designs or?

I plan to make the starters to have their secondary typing at the final evolution. I haven't decided on what I plan on having as my early bird pokemon or what it will be based on yet.

I would do it like this:

Normal, evolve level 20
Normal/Ghost
Grass/Flying

The electric/flying is debatable. However their is a good reason why even Fletchling starts with normal/flying and not fire/flying like it's evolutions. Most game are designed from a perspective your play the game for the first time and not that your an expert on all strength & weaknesses of a pokémon. This doesn't actually is a problem in a rom hack. However it's important to have add least some of these elements in your game since following them naturally improves the quality of your game in the long run.

I do admit that Electric/Flying & Normal/Flying have a hugh weakness shift in them so it might be a good idea to start with an Electric/Flying as well. However I think it's important to keep the normal/flying for the base bird since grass naturally has a lot more early weaknesses and having the protection in the early stage can help a lot similar to how Fletchling functions.

The bug offcourse don't get their dragon or fairy type until it's final stage offcourse so:

Bug, evolve level 10
Bug, evolve level 16

For the 1st Gym I was actually thinking about a bug gym where the gym leaders are actually a pair where you fight in a dubble battle with the bug/dragon & the bug/fairy on the battlefield. The game would start really hard this way (bit the reversed on the pokémon ballance). The strategy would be that you need to focus the bug/dragon first before he can oneshot your entire team with dragon rage.

I think pokémon hacks need to introduce mechanics like this more often where you need a strategy to actually win every gym fight. This way every gym is a challenge:

A grass gym that works with solar beam, sunny day and flamethrower combinations.
A poison gym that works with drain tank & rest combination all when poisoning your enemy.
etc

The split evolution is a good idea and may actually take on. Also I plan on making the gyms and rival battles fairly strategic so that you actually need to think and not be able to just plow through it, I plan on adding some moves and abilities which will hopefully make it more so.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I would do it like this:

Normal, evolve level 20
Normal/Ghost
Grass/Flying

Bug, evolve level 10
Bug, evolve level 16

etc

What would be really unique is if the entire game (or just most of it, maybe not the beginning because, hey, only one poke) was double battles. You don't see double battles in hacks much.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
I haven't got much done yet as work has been drilling me into the ground and with a 8 week old daughter spare time has been limited,so alot of the work is still in note form.

Although these are some of the things I have come up with so far;

The 3 starters will still be the initial Grass,Water and fire,but will earn a secondary typing on their final stage.
The starters will also be based on dinosaurs,Pliosaur,Velciraptor(fire but this may change to Giganotosaurus) and Diplodicus(Grass).

Eevee will get a new evolution.

Some existing pokemon will get pre-evolutions and new evolutions,one being tropius(my favourite pokemon).

I plan on adding new pokemon type combinations;electric/poison for example.

Ofcourse the Fairy typing will be present so the type match ups will be updated.

Gen 4 Physical/Special split will ofcourse be inserted.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Keep in mind that their are plenty of starter generations and fake pokémon hacks that are based on dinosaurs. Chikorita is based on a Pliosaur actually. It might be hard to get out a fresh design that can match the opposition. The typing itself can also become a bit difficult. I guess you currently aim for something like water/dark, grass/dragon and fire/flying | fire/ground.

9d1aa42499178c065cc8959467162049.jpg

Offcourse they game isn't compleet without another eevee in the mix.

Tropius would indeed be an intressting one to recieve a pre evolution. Some others that come to mind are:
- An Farfetch'd evolution. Something like a fighting/flying would be cool.
- An Marowak evolution. Something like a ground/fighting or ground/steel could be cool.
- An Scyther pre-evolution.
- An Pinsir pre-evolution
- An Tauros pre-evolution
- An Ariados evolution

Keep in mind that creating a fake pokémon hacks takes a lot of effort so I would recommand to not overdo it.

An electric/poison could be intressting. Maybe something like an electric hedgehog like in this design:

fakemon__pikaclone_by_kazzooki-d5jq42n.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
Keep in mind that their are plenty of starter generations and fake pokémon hacks that are based on dinosaurs. Chikorita is based on a Pliosaur actually. It might be hard to get out a fresh design that can match the opposition. The typing itself can also become a bit difficult. I guess you currently aim for something like water/dark, grass/dragon and fire/flying | fire/ground.

9d1aa42499178c065cc8959467162049.jpg

Offcourse they game isn't compleet without another eevee in the mix.

Tropius would indeed be an intressting one to recieve a pre evolution. Some others that come to mind are:
- An Farfetch'd evolution. Something like a fighting/flying would be cool.
- An Marowak evolution. Something like a ground/fighting or ground/steel could be cool.
- An Scyther pre-evolution.
- An Pinsir pre-evolution
- An Tauros pre-evolution
- An Ariados evolution

Keep in mind that creating a fake pokémon hacks takes a lot of effort so I would recommand to not overdo it.

An electric/poison could be intressting. Maybe something like an electric hedgehog like in this design:

fakemon__pikaclone_by_kazzooki-d5jq42n.png

I didn't realize Chikorita is based off a Pliosaur? You sure? As Pliosaurs were marine dinosaurs.

The typings will be difficult and may end up need some tweaking over time but thats why there are testers to see what still needs work.

I may also give Tropius an evolution also into a Grass/Dragon maybe.

If Im honest an evolution for Farfetch'd into a fighting/flying was 1 of my first ideas.
Also Aradios is a good idea for an evolution.

A fakemon game will take some time but its worth it(if it goes to plan).

The electric/poison design looks good. Also that would be a unique typing off the top of my head.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
I've just done a quick(and i do mean quick) recolour for a new typing for Onix which will now be Ice and Ground type. Due to this it means Steelix will also be getting a type change. Aswell as Mega Steelix as of when I start doing megas. Onix 3.jpg

Attachments

• Crystal onix.jpg
    Crystal onix.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1
Back