• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Discussions - 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Yeah maybe so... (I gotta check that update xD)

By the way guys do we really need to vote only for HoTM hacks as Keeper said?
Well, No, We don't need to, Its just that many fan favorites have won the HotM.
I've seen a few people vote for hacks that didn't win HotM, Such as Sunstar and Colossal.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
You cannot vote for these bold hacks. They are not in HotM.

You can vote for whatever hack you want, as long as you keep in accordance with the rules. We wrote this specifically so HotM winners are not the only possible choices (although they'll still be more likely than anything else). I mean, think about it this way: you think that this one hack is absolutely spectacular in every shape and form, but the moderators never selected it as a candidate for HotM. Does that mean it should be excluded from HotY? No.

Basically, we want HotY to be more of the people's choice, as opposed to picking from a limited, preselected group.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013

Basically, we want HotY to be more of the people's choice, as opposed to picking from a limited, preselected group.
Pfffffffftttttttt
Jakey you know the people want pre-selected groups, less thinking power!
(Oh yeah gotta stay on topic)

Predicting time:
Hoty best scripting, Pokemon safari
If anybody has seen the hack pokemon safari you all know why I think It might win best scripting

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
Years
Is it just me, or do these kinds of votes annoy others as well?

Best Mapping: Pokemon Light Platinum
Best Scripting: Pokemon Light Platinum
Most Graphical Appeal: Pokemon Light Platinum
Best Storyline: Pokemon Light Platinum
Most Engaging Hack: Pokemon Light Platinum
Overall Favorite: Pokemon Light Platinum
or,

Best Mapping: Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Best Scripting: Pokemon Eruption
Most Graphical Appeal: Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Best Storyline: Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Most Engaging Hack: Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Overall Favorite: Pokemon Liquid Crystal

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
Years
That's exactly what I think. As good as some hacks are, I highly doubt for any one hack to excel in every single category. To be the best at everything is a little bit difficult to obtain. The votes need to be diversified at least a little. I mean, come on. I guess whatever floats their boat though.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Hacks I'd like to see go far:
- Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers
- Legend of Fenju (and/or Flame of Rage)
- Azure Horizons
- Pokémon Old White

Hacks that most likely will go far:
- Light Platinum
- Legend of Darkrai
- Pokémon Crono
- Eruption
- Toxic Purple

There's a certain type of hack out there that attracts attention and, because this competition relies heavily on the opinions of the people (as Vrαi said), those types of hacks are the ones that will excel, regardless of quality (let me mention that I'm not saying that any of those hacks aren't of high quality).
I'd also like to see some nominations for hacks that weren't originally posted this year. 2008 was a pretty good year in my opinion (even though I was new here for most of it and was absent from this forum for about half that time) and I'd like to see some of those "classics" (like the ones in the first list) given proper credit

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Hacks I'd like to see go far:
- Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers
- Legend of Fenju (and/or Flame of Rage)
- Azure Horizons
- Pokémon Old White
I Would Love to see Azure Horizons and Legend of Fenju to get far.
I Think Azure is way too under appreciated, The mapping is fantastic.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I wish there were a few more categories like Most Original Feature, Best Presentation and Most Influential. Also the description for Most Engaging Hack is a little confusing.
the hack you think has kept you on your toes the most
That makes me think we're supposed to vote for the hack we think is most difficult.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Argh, I've been away too long.

>_>

I've hardly seen any of these hacks, really, and I need to play some of them, at least before I vote...>_>

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I think that a high-quality hack should win.
Some like (in my opinion):
  • Crono
  • LightPlatinum
  • Never B&W
  • Ruby Destiny - LoG
  • Old White
And some others...
Actually, I think that zel did a smart thing when he pulled SG out of the competition, because 97% votes would be for SG.

SantasStantler

Ninja Slowpoke.
Years
I can really see Life of Guardians and Light Platinum going far. I would like to see Crono go far, but people really did have a lot of difficulty patching it.

But so far, I think it's between LoG and Light Platinum. They both deserve to win.
Good Luck Jagold and Wes.

=D

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
Years
Ya think? I don't know... SG is great hack but the ones ya mentioned are better since they are younger then SG... so SG might get votes only from beginners who SG found accidentally.

I agree with Colorful Summer. You would see so many votes from people that have less than ten posts that look like this:

Best Mapping: ShinyGold
Best Scripting: ShinyGold
Most Graphical Appeal: ShinyGold
Best Storyline: ShinyGold
Most Engaging Hack: ShinyGold
Overall Favorite: ShinyGold​

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Rescue Rangers is one of my All-Time favorites. I don't think it's the best hack out there, but I think it's one of the most enjoyable ones!

I hate how people only choose 1 or 2 hacks and only vote for them. Spread the love, guys!

My picks were:

Best Mapping: Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians
Best Scripting: Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers
Most Graphical Appeal: Never Black and White
Best Storyline: Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians
Most Engaging Hack: Brown 2009
Overall Favorite: Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians

Notice how I picked four different hacks? LOL

DJG is the bestest hacker ever!
^
|
no offense. lol