• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia [SU/OOC][T]

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Don't worry, I'm in the same position so the next story post will be around the same time. Good luck!

Don't forget to go over my sign-up once more as I made some edits, adding a small detail to her secondary powers and I rewrote half of her history to account for her abilities while growing up.

You also may want to update the first post to show the final taken cards and the last accepted participants. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Don't forget to go over my sign-up once more as I made some edits, adding a small detail to her secondary powers and I rewrote half of her history to account for her abilities while growing up.

... Okay somehow you managed to take something horridly shocking and dark and make it even darker - I'm impressed! I do like how you've incorporated her powers into her earlier life and small detail you added to her secondary power is very fitting - although I can't imagine why she'd choose not to repair a fatal wound instantly paha. Perhaps if they're in a battle where both her and a friend are seriously wounded then she'd want to recover them instead? I don't know, but even so she's looking good. I just can't comprehend how someone with such a gruesome past would be so impish paha.

Sweet! If you want me to accept the IC thread right now, I can do that.

Sure, whenever's good for you :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Oh, AlexOzzyCake (Still don't know a shorter way of typing out your handle. :P ), would it be okay if I removed a clause in Oda's secondary power? I'd like to get rid of the "Can be slowed" one, because if she can be slowed down to just barely be going faster than the force pushing against her, it's as good as being completely still anyway.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Oda could, if you'd like. Her maternal instincts would make her protect Aerous from a few of those who'd take advantage of his gullibility, while their sparring would be quite interesting. As far as I'm aware, his abilities don't work with physical impossibilities (Like somebody shooting a laser out of their eyes), and she could help him learn to adapt to them.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
So does anyone want to have any relationships with ol Aerous?

I could see Aerous getting along well with Camellia. They are both straight forward in their conversations with people and not really high ranking in the family. I could definitely see Camellia being friends with Aerous, suggesting things and dragging him about.

What's your take?

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
So does anyone want to have any relationships with ol Aerous?

Okay, I know we're not in the same sector but...

Ari would, no, will cut/damage/murder Aerous if he ever felt like doing his kissing thing. She really dislikes him for his airheadedness and prefers to stay as far away as possible. If they happen to be in the same room together she'll simply act like isn't there, he's just wasted space. Though, she admires his physical combat knowledge and strength knowing that she can't do it herself. Despite her admiration she would never admit that to him because that's beneath her. Her favorite thing to do to him (maybe?) is play small illusion tricks so that he thinks they're minor eye tricks aka optical illusions. She doesn't care if he has caught on it makes her feel victorious to "succeed" in her little game.

Oh! And if Camellia and Aerous are friends maybe Ari doesn't like that they have any contact at all and she's always trying to drag Camellia away from Aerous.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Oh! And if Camellia and Aerous are friends maybe Ari doesn't like that they have any contact at all and she's always trying to drag Camellia away from Aerous.

Could do, although I think Camellia would remain oblivious to Ari disliking Aerous/not understand her dislike of him.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Im fairly content with anything but I dont think Aerous is going to have the ability to fire lazers from his eyes >.>

... I'm not sure where this was directed at but I feel as if it was toward my last two sentences so I'll further explain. What I meant by "minor eye tricks" was nothing like that. Hmm, I guess I should've entirely reworded that. Just like making him see small (or bigger) things that aren't there such as him grabbing for something, like his sword, but Ari has masqueraded it as a slithering snake for two seconds. Stuff like that.

Could do, although I think Camellia would remain oblivious to Ari disliking Aerous/not understand her dislike of him.

I think that's perfectly fine. Ari wouldn't do it in a way that's obvious but just make up some excuse as to why Camellia should go do something or come with her right now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Well I have my first post ready to copy paste so hopefully I'll be first to post >:D

I'm curious how you already know the first mission ;o Basically the RP starts off with a mission of stopping thieves that have stolen goods and are preparing to leave the island as a get-to-know-your-character kind of thing with their battle style/powers/team mates, so I'd be surprised if you'd written that already xD But I'm assuming you've written about talking to other players and getting to know them or something like that...? If so you could still use it and edit it to rally a team or as what he was doing before the call to help :3

Oh, AlexOzzyCake (Still don't know a shorter way of typing out your handle. :P ), would it be okay if I removed a clause in Oda's secondary power? I'd like to get rid of the "Can be slowed" one, because if she can be slowed down to just barely be going faster than the force pushing against her, it's as good as being completely still anyway.

Most people call me Ozzy. :) So effectively she'd be an unstoppable force which was entirely unstoppable...? Unless I'm misunderstanding, that seems really overpowered don't you think? I must admit, when I first read that sentence I assumed it was more just an idiom to describe her balance between life and death rather than an actual power haha, but I could be wrong and honestly I'm not understanding this 'power' at all right now so care to explain for me? :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Most people call me Ozzy. :) So effectively she'd be an unstoppable force which was entirely unstoppable...? Unless I'm misunderstanding, that seems really overpowered don't you think? I must admit, when I first read that sentence I assumed it was more just an idiom to describe her balance between life and death rather than an actual power haha, but I could be wrong and honestly I'm not understanding this 'power' at all right now so care to explain for me? :)
Gotcha.

And that's true; I was aiming for something like having speed, but not as standard as just regular. So, perhaps you'd be willing to let me play up the balance and Oda's survival skills instead? If I were to take the stopping of her body's cycles a bit further, it could perhaps make it so she can't have her mind altered as well as her body? So, she can affect the world only as a talented human being, but has total dominion over herself, save for The Hanged Man's influence?

Oda would, of course, still be vulnerable to illusions that are summoned into the world, instead of affecting the mind of the watcher. So, if The Empress were to summon a swarm of bugs for everyone to see, Oda would see them along with everyone else. But, if she were to try trapping Oda in eternal pain, it wouldn't work. She also wouldn't be able to see through The Hermit's invisibility.

Too much or...? It's kinda difficult to come up with fitting secondary powers for this card.

Khawill

<3
Years
I'm curious how you already know the first mission ;o Basically the RP starts off with a mission of stopping thieves that have stolen goods and are preparing to leave the island as a get-to-know-your-character kind of thing with their battle style/powers/team mates, so I'd be surprised if you'd written that already xD But I'm assuming you've written about talking to other players and getting to know them or something like that...? If so you could still use it and edit it to rally a team or as what he was doing before the call to help :3

My psychic abilities anticipated something like that so my first post is set wicked early in the morning! (Ask Courage, I legit already had my post ready before you posted this) No but really, this is like 5 am early...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Oh, I've been accepted! Can't wait to start :) (Sorry you had to read those typos, though; I really need to look over my posts before I post them :/) I think I might start watching the show in preparation.

Oh, and @CarefulWetPaint, Adam and Aerous could be acquainted with each other somehow, seeing that Adam is his opposite in a few ways (most notably, his personality and his hair color). There's a bit of an age difference and they're in different houses, but there could be some sort of dynamic between them in the times that they do meet.

Khawill

<3
Years
Oh... My... God
I have inadvertadly had my character steal some supplies, uh, but I paid them back later so uh, I think it is fine. (I'm bringing this up in case you think Annabelle is the criminal, because technically she didn't because she left a note for the owners...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Gotcha.

And that's true; I was aiming for something like having speed, but not as standard as just regular. So, perhaps you'd be willing to let me play up the balance and Oda's survival skills instead? If I were to take the stopping of her body's cycles a bit further, it could perhaps make it so she can't have her mind altered as well as her body? So, she can affect the world only as a talented human being, but has total dominion over herself, save for The Hanged Man's influence?

Oda would, of course, still be vulnerable to illusions that are summoned into the world, instead of affecting the mind of the watcher. So, if The Empress were to summon a swarm of bugs for everyone to see, Oda would see them along with everyone else. But, if she were to try trapping Oda in eternal pain, it wouldn't work. She also wouldn't be able to see through The Hermit's invisibility.

Too much or...? It's kinda difficult to come up with fitting secondary powers for this card.

Having extreme speed to the extent that you seem to be implying would be the result of an arcana card rather than a secondary power, but having slightly increased speed would be perfectly acceptable. I like the second idea though, this section:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

That would be perfectly acceptable and would fit in very nicely with her arcana card so I'd be all for this. Make her a skilled fighter to the extent that a regular human being could be and use the secondary power that you suggested above then it'll be fine :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
That would be perfectly acceptable and would fit in very nicely with her arcana card so I'd be all for this. Make her a skilled fighter to the extent that a regular human being could be and use the secondary power that you suggested above then it'll be fine :)
Yay! ^_^ I'll edit the info to her sheet right away.

@Anyone: Who wants to come down to the Harbor and nab some boat-thieves with Oda?

Back