• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ugliest Fakemon?

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
Quartz was the first complete hack I played, and I thoroughly enjoyed it too, but oh god some of those were just bad. There were a few good ones, but they weren't drawn in the traditional sprite style, so.

Spoiler:

^This.
Seriously, what the heck is that thing? An eye-less Dragonair with wings? Pfft!

Get that promo >_>

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 24, 2015
I agree with most people depends on the person and art design!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I came in here expecting to see some people defending fakemon, but I was wrong :O
I think most fakemon are pretty creative, there are some that are messes though.

hqdefault.jpg

I actualy don't think that one is that bad

Hehe, I see what you did there. ;)

I don't know if I really have a Fakemon I hate the most. Of the top of my head, some in Quartz looked very off, such as Baobo (sp?). However, despite that I did like quite a few of them and I liked how they were all Fakemon. :) For some reason something irks me when Fakemon are mixed in with regular Pokemon, especially if the style is very different. :\

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Spoiler:

^This.
Lol!

Anyway, yeah, some fakemon are pretty hideous looking... but it balances out, because people do awesome ones, too. The fact that people can come up with concepts for them period amazes me more than anything else, regardless of how-well executed they are.

They're not a turn off to me, though. If a hack has them... it's not like I'm forced to use them if I don't like them, is it? And if I find one I really like and do want to use it, it's something new to try.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I actually really like the use of Fakemon - it helps bring you that feeling you had when you first got G/S/C after R/B/Y when there were all-new Pokémon to catch and find out about. it also makes you feel more like you're in the hack creator's world, kind of, Well, that's just my two cents.

^ Everything I said above applies only if the fakemon are well done. If they're like Quartz's quality... then yeah instant off put. No offence to Baro lol.

Charles Dupiau

ROM HACKER
Years
In my mind, I believe that the fakemon in Pokemon Quartz are much better than most fakemon in other hacks. I don't know why, but I like some more than Nintendo's artwork!
Some of the ideas were more creative as Nintendo still do not have a snail pokemon, a beaver pokemon or other examples...

If I had to choose the ugliest fakemon, they would be the ones coming from Topaz.

Trainer 781

I remember a night eyed psycic horse in Pokémon vega. It has 1 eye at the face, 2 just behind the mouth, 3 each on the side of the body. That was scary.

In my mind, I believe that the fakemon in Pokemon Quartz are much better than most fakemon in other hacks. I don't know why, but I like some more than Nintendo's artwork!
Some of the ideas were more creative as Nintendo still do not have a snail pokemon, a beaver pokemon or other examples...

If I had to choose the ugliest fakemon, they would be the ones coming from Topaz.

The Slugma line and Bidoof line are based off snails and beavers respectively :3.
I for one really dislike Fakemon, even if they are based off of actual Pokemon, the only ones I seem to have enjoyed so far are the boss pokemon in Advanced Adventures.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
The worst fakemon was what i made! i dont remember his name because it was just a try!
It was like a jynk but his hands were longer and had three eyes!

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
I wouldn't say any ASVPD!Fakemon is ugly at all, but I honestly don't like Mawile's fake evo from there, Kuchirus. It seems grossly underwhelming, especially compared with the far superior-looking Mega Mawile.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
Spoiler:

^This.
That's one of the more pretty fakemon I've seen.

I didn't play it myself, but I remember some kind of abomination of pixels in one of those bootlegged "Pokémon Diamond" type games that was called Electricmon. It looked like a gas cloud or something.

CyanCerulean

Adorables
Years
Every single Fakemon starter. Just eww. Really really eww
(Slightly hypocritical though cause I might include Fakemon into my hack...

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
BUT!!! I like Fakemon :) Seriously new pokemon in 4-6 look like fakemon -__-
Anyways fakemon people actually take time to do look sweeet like this
Spoiler:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I think I remember a teddy bear-like pokemon in Pokemon Vega, and I would have to say that was the ugliest.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Despite what I said about only liking fakemon if they look good in my opinion, I kind of want to retract that now. In hindsight I actually think people who have gone all-out with fakemon in their hacks, like ones with 50+ or even regional dex full of them, it's actually quite admirable I think. Making one fakemon look halfway good/putting their data together properly from scratch is hard, so I commend anyone who's made a fakemon-based hack!
I guess what I'm trying to say is my opinion has changed lol. Come on, EVERY Pokemon fan must have thought of their own pokemon design at some point. Even if it didn't turn out great to other people, at least the creators gave it a go! =) and, there are some very talented fakemon designers out there, as well as bad ones.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Despite what I said about only liking fakemon if they look good in my opinion, I kind of want to retract that now. In hindsight I actually think people who have gone all-out with fakemon in their hacks, like ones with 50+ or even regional dex full of them, it's actually quite admirable I think. Making one fakemon look halfway good/putting their data together properly from scratch is hard, so I commend anyone who's made a fakemon-based hack!
I guess what I'm trying to say is my opinion has changed lol. Come on, EVERY Pokemon fan must have thought of their own pokemon design at some point. Even if it didn't turn out great to other people, at least the creators gave it a go! =) and, there are some very talented fakemon designers out there, as well as bad ones.

I completely agree with you. Someone has got to have guts to go out and make a whole bunch of new Pokemon. And do you REALLY want to have the same Pokemon every single time? Like a change is nice, and gives you something to look forwards to, wondering what the next one will look like.

Back