• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
the ow tiles look great. Cant wait to see them in action.

Thakn for your feedback qaz.
nice hack but the beta is too short to judge, however, looks promising

Edit: I found 2 errors
1435896704.png

2032455814.png

Yeah, i know that the map of viridian forest have some error.
After i insert the tiles, i will do a viridian Forest v2.

I don't have any update, but maybe in some hours i can post some screens of the tiles.

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
Updates

xawa41.gif
Updates
xawa41.gif

Well guys i leave here some screens with the new tiles inserted and some more in the main post replacing the old ones.
Credits go to Alistair for the pokeball OW, WesleyFG and Alistair for the tiles and palletes and HackMew for the pokémon OW i inserted.
Now it's time for finish the maps and start scripting.

Oh...and i have a ideia, like a bounty hunting of pokémon, one dude give you a location of a rare pokémon and you go catch him, after that you choose between keep the pokémon or receive a monetary reward and a useful item(exp.share, lucky egg, amulet coin,...)

ivde93.png

Maybe i will post a video next time, instead of some screens.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
xawa41.gif
Updates
xawa41.gif

Well guys i leave here some screens with the new tiles inserted and some more in the main post replacing the old ones.
Credits go to Alistair for the pokeball OW, WesleyFG and Alistair for the tiles and palletes and HackMew for the pokémon OW i inserted.
Now it's time for finish the maps and start scripting.

Oh...and i have a ideia, like a bounty hunting of pokémon, one dude give you a location of a rare pokémon and you go catch him, after that you choose between keep the pokémon or receive a monetary reward and a useful item(exp.share, lucky egg, amulet coin,...)

ivde93.png

Maybe i will post a video next time, instead of some screens.

So the hack is much more beautiful
compliments.
Look forward to the next beta

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Your mapping could use a bit of work, it looks a bit open and bland. However, I like the new tiles you have inserted and hope to see more soon ^-^

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
Thanks both for your feedback.
Yeah SwiftSign i know, is that what i will do next before scripting Route 3/4 and Cerulean City.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Nice update. Like the concept you added about hunting. Again great tiles. I was wondering if you have planes to change/edit the hero sprites or leave them as is?

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
Nice update. Like the concept you added about hunting. Again great tiles. I was wondering if you have planes to change/edit the hero sprites or leave them as is?

Thanks qaz :). Yeah, i have plans to change the hero sprite and backsprite but for that i need a little help to do the hero sprite/backsprite based in the OW that i inserted now.

xawa41.gif
Update time
xawa41.gif

Well for now nothing about the bounty-hunting, but two new features...it's seems that three strange pokémon from a foreigner region where seen in Kanto, two of them you can see in the screens but the other one left remains a mystery.
The other feature is that door at the Pokémon Center, in Beta 1 you can see what is behind that door.
I changed the OW of the hero for is definitive OW, made a few corrections in the tiles(tileset 1), when you talk with a NPC it will appear it's class how you can see in the screens and i'm working on the Pokémon center interior palletes.
I leave the following question:
Should i insert some pokémon from sinnoh or not? and some more from Unova?

Tomorrow i will leave two videos and i will upgrade the story.

~Fanp

161c468.png

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'm loving the looks of this hack. The storyline looks good and the events featured in some of the screenshots look promising and require a decent level of scripting!

Only thing I don't really like (isn't much of an issue at all though!) are the Poke Centre/Mart tiles. Is that how they look on B/W as theyre the only ones I didn't play. loving the looks of this however, can't wait for a Beta!

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
good update. Can't wait to see the 3rd mystery pokemon.

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
of course, add as much as possible

Thanks godlesplay, because of the positive feedback here and in other forums i will add more. ;)

I'm loving the looks of this hack. The storyline looks good and the events featured in some of the screenshots look promising and require a decent level of scripting!

Only thing I don't really like (isn't much of an issue at all though!) are the Poke Centre/Mart tiles. Is that how they look on B/W as theyre the only ones I didn't play. loving the looks of this however, can't wait for a Beta!

The B/W don't look like that, i'm just experiment palletes in that day.
Oh...and thanks DaleH :).

good update. Can't wait to see the 3rd mystery pokemon.

Thanks qaz :).

Nothing to show for now, i'm not hacking for a week by now.
I've been sick... so i'm starting the work again by Monday.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Very nice! I don't really like the way the overworld character sprites look, but everything else (including the tiles) look fantastic! Best of luck to you on the remainder of this project — you have my support all the way!

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
Hello guys, time fly and i had been away from this hack.
Well, time to get back to work.
Wait for updates in the next 24 hours.
~Fanp

Last edited:

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
xawa41.gif
Update
xawa41.gif

35a22kl.png

I return to work and just bring Pikachu to say "hi".

I've been work in mapping (some routes and new areas), one of the new areas is this:

2uyrggw.png

This area can been accessed across Pallet City.
Where it is possible to found some fossils, if you have luck.

There is to the Saffron Town:

35jiemf.png

I will not help much about Saffron Town, i leave up to you whether or not to know what happened, just to talk to the townspeople and they will tell the story (at least give some use to random NPCs).
The same will happen with Lavender City, just New Cinnabar Island history is inserted into the main story.

About Bounty-Hunting, the first two missions are acquired in Cerulean City (Easy Difficult), the following five in Lavender (Normal Difficult) and the remaining three in New Cinnabar Island (Hard Difficult), then there are a few more in the category of Legendary Defficult details here but a little while.

So as a way to forcing you to start the missions of Bounty-Hunting in your first trip to Cerulean City. While not start 1st mission you can not continue to Saffron Town.

2eb4b2q.png

I think for now I have nothing more to add (if i has not forgotten anything), so stay tuned until the next update.

Well it took me almost 24 hours...

~Fanp

xawesomatorx

The Awesomator
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
I love the looks of this game! Mind if I do a let's play on it when it is completely finished because this game is amazing so far! Keep up the awesome work!

Years
I love the looks of this game! Mind if I do a let's play on it when it is completely finished because this game is amazing so far! Keep up the awesome work!

Please be sure to check the dates of the last post in a thread. If more than a month has passed since that date, you can't post in it- it's reviving, which is against the rules. Just be mindful, in future :)
fanp, if you'd like this thread to be reopened to post an update, contact either DrFuji or myself to do so. In the meantime, this thread is closed.

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
Nice one bro! Well planned out IMO! Godspeed to you my friend :)

Thanks Helmy96 :D.

xawesomatorx said:

Thanks for your feedback.
Your free of doing a let's play about pokemon legacy.

Seems to be a good hack, Look forward for the release.

You don't have to wait much more time.
Thanks Notepads.

nice hack :) like the screens and updates :)

Thanks PokemonMasters.

xawa41.gif
Update
xawa41.gif

1zo83fm.png

New indoor tiles for Pewter city gym and in any gym will be a announcer that will introduce the leader and the trainer who challenge the leader.

Credits to Alistair because of the rocks tiles.

Beta 1.0 will be out next month.

Available citys: Pallet City, Viridian City, Pewter City, Cerulean City and Saffron Town.

New areas: Excavation site(Near Pallet City) and Trade center(Pewter City Poke Center).

Available gyms: Pewter City(Brock), Viridian City(Luke) and Cerulean City(Misty) in this order from less challenging to more challenging.

*Main post Updated*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back