• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ambient

Should Ambient Include A Third Type To Each Pokémon?

• Yes, because Beedrill or Dustox would be Bug / Poison / Flying

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, because Pokémon only need two Types / other reasoning.

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Got it x3 Anything I can help with regarding plotline or city info? If you have some vacant holes in the setting I can try helping you fill em out with MAH CREATIVITY -beams with pride- If you need any special city traits or personality traits of an NPC I can definitely help you out. Twists also work.

--

I used to have an idea about a region of Mind and Heart, where you yourself play as a young boy that's innocent and pure...or at least it seems that way. Then, it's revealed that he's bullied by people and hated by many because of his unfortunate traits (one blind eye and a small lisp), which explains his sad look and thoughts through the early part of the journey (when NPCs ask 'why the long face?'). Throughout the beginning, we will see flashbacks (cutscenes) of his past events, including the people that used to treat him badly (it's like trauma) until he reaches his limit at the 3rd gym and snaps.

He, temporarily raged, decides to create a region of peace and harmony, a place where evil doesn't exist. He also wants to destroy the people that treated him badly in his past.

Just then, a Legendary Pokemon appears - the Legendary Pokemon of Wisdom (there should be another word for that), which is the counterpart of the Legendary Pokemon of Justice (Also, another word, but I'll use these as placeholders). This Wisdom legendary is a really smart pokemon which excels at planning and plotting, and seeing that the main character wants to create a better place, its offers its help, not knowing that it's actually making things worse.

The main character, with a new legendary on his team, instantly challenges the second largest city in the region (the 4th Gym) and beats the gym leader with help from his new addition. Then, quickly, he seizes the people and pokemon in town, locking them in and taking control over the city. There, he sets up his team - Team Nexus and plans on spreading towards other cities. Now, your main character isn't that typical trainer anymore - he's a broken, twisted warlord.

And you are playing that character.

Soon, other gym leaders try challenging you, but have all fallen due to you having a legendary by your side. There are also side quests where you find your old enemies, beat them in battle and have them taken into the dungeons. However, things start to change again when the champion of the region arrives, attempting to talk some sense into the main character, whose Team Nexus has already spread through half of the region, reinforcing 'peace' by FORCE. The main character, angered and telling the champion his past's stories, challenges the champion and wins. However, before seizing him, the other legendary - the Legendary Pokemon of Justice, arrives and protects the champion, keeping him from harm. The Champion tells you that searching for peace and a happy life doesn't require brute force or sheer power- you only need a pure heart to lead your way, and not let twisted plans interfere with what your heart desires (and all that crap).

Now, your character has calmed down, and is able to decide two paths from the story -

1. The character can refuse to listen and continue throughout the region, rebattling the gym leaders (they are stronger now) and taking their cities. Eventually you will beat the Champ and E4 again and conquer the entire region.

OR

2. Fixing the problem (preferred ending), but then YOU LOSE YOUR LEGENDARY POKEMON OF WISDOM until you can catch it again after the credits. You start to acknowledge your mistakes and attempt to shut Team Nexus down, but your commanders (like Mas, Jupiter etc in Team Galactic) are now so strong that you can't beat them altogether. The legendary of justice leaves, saying that he would help when the main characater needs it the most, so therefore the main character is rather powerless right now. However, the champion decides to team up with you and follow you throughout your conquered cities, beating the grunts and eventually the commanders (so basically you are turning against YOUR OWN FREAKING TEAM! >:3 ). Eventually you would once again free the region from Team Nexus, your own creation, and step down, apologizing for the trouble caused. The Pokemon of justice, seeing that you've done the right thing, joins you and decides to guide your way to glory. At that time, you've also let go of your past, knowing that it would only drag you down. With that thought in mind, you head towards the E4 with friendly ambitious to be the very best...that no-one ever was.

- end -

Sorry for the rant, just throwing out my old ideas :P I'M BORED.

Last edited:

SereneAmbience

Founder of Pokémon Ambient
Years
Got it x3 Anything I can help with regarding plotline or city info? If you have some vacant holes in the setting I can try helping you fill em out with MAH CREATIVITY -beams with pride- If you need any special city traits or personality traits of an NPC I can definitely help you out. Twists also work.

Sorry for the rant, just throwing out my old ideas :P I'M BORED.
Well that is definitely a good plot idea I will say that, but I don't see how this applies to Ambient?
Nothing on the plotline or city info. I just have to input it all from my notebook, which takes time. The whole Team Static/Dynamic Squad revolution has so many twists that I'm amazed that my conscience could create such a story. I will fill in more information soon about the cities/towns/routes. I have started on Silk City [link].

Last edited:

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Nothing. I'm just bored as hell so I just threw my random ideas out :P Ignore that XD This can, in the long run, be our next project after Ambient ya know xD (which is a long time from now)

Us chair members would still like the entire complex storyline, if you please xD

SereneAmbience

Years
Holy Dragonite, I'm done! I'm really bad with world maps, but I thought I would have a go.

Here is the region map of Serene (as of now)
mapregion0.png
Taadaa! =D

At least it looks a lot nicer than the HGSS-styled one that I threw together in two hours. xP

Last edited:

SereneAmbience

Years
How DO you make those maps anyway? What's le software and stuff?
MS Paint, GIMP 2, and pieces from the Unova world map. =P I think total it took me 18hrs to finish. =P I was up until 3am last night when I felt that it was complete. I have two variations also:
mapregion0.png

HERE IS THE SECOND ONE THAT IS IN THE SPOILER FAIR WARNING:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

SereneAmbience

Years
I changed the thread's layout for the information. Also moved all my photos to ImageShack to make it easier for me to input/output. Sorry about that. xP

Please, take a look!

SereneAmbience

Years
Speaking of which,

I'm glad to introduce lala19357 & AlmightyArceus from YouTube to our team. They are both composers and will be helping Fenne with creating amazing music for our game! =D

Now, next on my list is to find tiles/tilesets artists........

meenmachine7

Search and Employ
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2016
Hello

I am relatively new to all this but I have some great ideas as well as some hacking tools i can use. If its possible i would like to support you in your hack as ive played 100's but can see this hack perhaps being the best if giving the right amount of time. I dont know what i could possibly do as i am relatively new but I have a huge clan on xbox 360 who of some play pokemon hacks cause they are die hard fans, so i can voice this to them, but it is your choice serene :)

SereneAmbience

Years
I am relatively new to all this but I have some great ideas as well as some hacking tools i can use. If its possible i would like to support you in your hack as ive played 100's but can see this hack perhaps being the best if giving the right amount of time. I dont know what i could possibly do as i am relatively new but I have a huge clan on xbox 360 who of some play pokemon hacks cause they are die hard fans, so i can voice this to them, but it is your choice serene :)

Hey there meenmachine7! Well first, this is a game constructed off of the Essentials kit in RPG MAKER, not a ROM hack. The better news it is easier to use than ROM hacking equipment, because I use to map for lots of games with AdvanceMap & such. Also the game play far more enhanced and awesome, new menu/battle screen/mechanics. You are more than welcome to invite your clan to play this said game. When the beta/download comes out, it will just be an executable (.exe) file you play off your computer. (MUCH EASIER THAN PATCHING ROMS) Die hard Pokémon fans I am more than okay with. ;)

Last edited:

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Will the two other composers be talking here or will they just give you tracks somewhere else and not join the conversation? I still want to do collabs with the two but it's hard to contact them as they don't reply that much.

SereneAmbience

Years
Will the two other composers be talking here or will they just give you tracks somewhere else and not join the conversation? I still want to do collabs with the two but it's hard to contact them as they don't reply that much.
Communication is an obvious problem for Chair Members now... So I found a solution....that is FREE! There's this serviced called TextFree by Pinger.web [link enclosed here] that allows you to text from your computer or from a free service number to anyone, anywhere. The cool part is it's an app for smart phones, such as my iPhone which will help me respond faster. Also we have members across many sites and we need a better way to communicate our information. Please create a profile phone number, send me a text message, and I will list the number in the credits of this thread and on the Google Site for others to contact you.

My information is SereneAmbience at [email protected] and my number is 1(541)414-2244.

Last edited:

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Right now we're sharing a Google docs, a checklist of the themes that we need to make. We'll claim the ones that we want and do the rest later. :) So far so good. Here's the G-Doc in case you want to add any specific stuff.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IaUAmrKER5rqPrexNg50Iwgc6E0SaeEJVOAJ2IfD6lE/edit

Also we need descriptions. Lots of it, or we won't know how the cities are like and the themes would be inaccurate. That's why I volunteered to help with them before.

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Damn, I hit the replay button around 10 times in a row! XD that's actually a lot better than most themes from the original games, I love it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back