• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: [FireRed] Levels Above 100

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hello, everyone!

I'm here to show you how to expand the level cap in FireRed. How to do this in Emerald can be found here

However, there is currently a fairly important bug that I am trying to fix.
  1. Levels over 100 won't display needed XP and will instead show 0. The leveling will work correctly, but display XP wrong.
  2. Stat growth is completely wrong. Turned out the problem was just my ROM. Should work fine.
  3. Cannot display EXP numbers 7 digits and higher.
  4. 4 digit health not displaying correctly in Pokemon menu.

You will need a hex editor, I personally recommend HxD.
You will also need Free Space Finder.

EXP TABLE POINTERS

Spoiler:

LEVEL 100 CHECKS

Spoiler:

EXP TABLE SIZE POINTERS

Spoiler:

RARE CANDY PAST 100

Spoiler:

EXP Display Summary

Spoiler:

Stat Display Digits

Spoiler:

Stat overflow fix

Spoiler:

Lastly we need to copy the EXP Table I have attached and paste the table at the offset you found with the appropriate free space.

And with that, you're done!

Keep in mind I tested this on a FireRed US v1.0 ROM, so it may or may not work on other versions.

Big thanks to DizzyEgg and BluRose for helping me find some of these values!

Attachments

• XP TABLE INSERT.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
So.. I've tried it, but my Starter (Squirtle) doesn't get any new exp. in battles. Even after leveling up it stayed at Lv5.
I've inserted the attached Exp. Table at F567A0, the pointer should be A0 67 F5 08 and I don't think that I've messed up, I mean, it was as simple as to copy the offset right here, go to it, copy the pointer on my notepad, and Ctrl+B in each situation :/ ... here's the IPS, just in case.

EDIT: Yep, I've checked just in case and everything should be correct, I didn't messed up.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
EDIT: Yep, I've checked just in case and everything should be correct, I didn't messed up.

You would be correct, it's all right. And I took another fresh rom and tried it and it worked still.

Delete the save file for the game. I found that it causes weird glitches and doesn't work on an existing save. You have to start fresh once it's setup.
It's also possible that there is a difference in the ROM bases we used. You may want to find a download from a different source.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
You would be correct, it's all right. And I took another fresh rom and tried it and it worked still.

Delete the save file for the game. I found that it causes weird glitches and doesn't work on an existing save. You have to start fresh once it's setup.
It's also possible that there is a difference in the ROM bases we used. You may want to find a download from a different source.

1) I started a fresh save and a Clean ROM to try this, I never re-use a save because I simply don't have one.
2) It's the exact same ROM I use to patch different .IPS and .UPS from different FireRed v1.0 ROM Hacks, so I totally doubt that its the problem over here.
Here's a video of me, doing the entire process, just in case.
Btw, thanks to it, I've noticed that Squirtle did got experience, the thing is that it apparently needs 17k for leveling up to Lv6 and it also apparently got 600k since the very beginning.
Also, again, here's the .IPShttps://www.dropbox.com/s/zf4wsl56y47j4z8/Above100.ips?dl=0 after doing the video and you'll be able to see that it fits with no problems at all into a v1.0 Clean FireRed USA ROM.
If you see anything wrong in the process that I've made on the video, please tell me ;_; ..

EDIT: Removed the .IPS because it's pointless to keep it in my DropBox Account anymore.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Aha! I have found the source of your problem! (Thank you for making that video, it clears this right up)
It may have been a clerical error on my part, so allow me to explain. In the "EXP TABLE SIZE POINTERS" list, you HAVE to to enter those values into the offsets. What I had meant was that if you wanted to go over level 200 then the value that you need to replace would be different than the one I am saying to enter. The section should not be ignored.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Aha! I have found the source of your problem! (Thank you for making that video, it clears this right up)
It may have been a clerical error on my part, so allow me to explain. In the "EXP TABLE SIZE POINTERS" list, you HAVE to to enter those values into the offsets. What I had meant was that if you wanted to go over level 200 then the value that you need to replace would be different than the one I am saying to enter. The section should not be ignored.

I'm such an idiot. I totally misunderstood it in the very first place, dang it.. I'm sorry.
This certainly is working perfectly, and god freaking damn it just look at this beast:
Ong9pqq.png

And that's basically 864 stat points on SpAtk with a Light Ball, it's brutal xDD

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Figured out the problem with stat growth! Turns out it was just my ROM hack that is the problem. Clean ROM works just fine. Wasted a lot of time trying to figure this out.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
How can i make trainers with pokemon lv 100>?

I assume you meant >100?

And it should work automatically. Just entering a Lvl higher than 100 in any trainer editor should do it.
(That said, I have only tested that on Hopeless Trainer Editor)

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Just a little question, can we maybe allow only the other tranier's pokemon to go beyond 100 ? I'd find this interesting

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Just a little question, can we maybe allow only the other tranier's pokemon to go beyond 100 ? I'd find this interesting

That should technically be possible. You would just have to change the "Level Check" values back to 0x64. That should, in theory, make it possible for only trainers to go above.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
That should technically be possible. You would just have to change the "Level Check" values back to 0x64. That should, in theory, make it possible for only trainers to go above.

I'd find this interesting in the way it will make the game harder, but I don't have the knowledge to do this on my own in my rom, too bad...

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
Got it working first try. This is absolutely wonderful. Best thing I can see this being used for is continuing into another region, IE Kanto -> Johto and starting Johto at 100; Fabulous!

Years
Got it working first try. This is absolutely wonderful. Best thing I can see this being used for is continuing into another region, IE Kanto -> Johto and starting Johto at 100; Fabulous!

You're welcome pal.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Best thing I can see this being used for is continuing into another region, IE Kanto -> Johto and starting Johto at 100; Fabulous!

That's actually the exact reason I was attempting this in the first place! I've actually been making a hack that incorporates Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. (Which is actually fairly well along, I'm about 1/4 way done making Hoenn) Wish I had more time so I could get it done! Stupid real life and responsibilities.

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Spoiler:

Stat Display Digits

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
howdy:
few more values here, mainly for battles (untested):
48492 - change 03 to 04 - max hp in-battle loaded characters
484C6 - change 03 to 04 - current hp in-battle loaded characters
may find menu today if i get to it~

Years
howdy:
few more values here, mainly for battles (untested):
48492 - change 03 to 04 - max hp in-battle loaded characters
484C6 - change 03 to 04 - current hp in-battle loaded characters
may find menu today if i get to it~

Be careful with just changing max digit numbers. There are cases when you need to move the string a bit left/right depending on where it's put originally.

Back