• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Here is my suggestion for the vault: word tags.

Part of posting an idea (part of the template) should include certain dividers via tagging with certain words.

For example, the first set could be what the idea is based on, with tags like "Pokemon", "Legend of Zelda", "Fullmetal Alchemist", "Mass Effect", or "Original". In some cases (such as crossovers) multiple tags could be used.

Secondary tags could be theme, such as: "Mystery Dungeon", "Journey", "Zombie", "School", "Horror", "Sandbox", et cetera.

With these tags, the user could search through the thread via the 'Search this Thread' tool and find what they're looking for with certain tags.

That means no liking every post to page one; let users make handy work of the tools issued by the forum itself!

If tags work that easily, that is really smart!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
If tags work that easily, that is really smart!

Search will bring up every single post that includes the word you searched for, so if everyone's idea posts had those words somewhere on them, they'd show up in the search results.

So, if you searched "Horror", the results would list every post tagged with the word 'horror' in it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Search will bring up every single post that includes the word you searched for, so if everyone's idea posts had those words somewhere on them, they'd show up in the search results.

So, if you searched "Horror", the results would list every post tagged with the word 'horror' in it.
Sounds pretty awesome~ only problem would be words getting caught in the filter if used in an RP idea post but it's not like thats not easy enough to scroll past.

So, it seems this thread is getting decent enough attention so i might get started on the first post. all those in favour?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I'm not in favor. Let me explain why.

Spoiler:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Spoiler:

I can't believe I actually looked under all of those spoilers... curiosity got the best of me.

Regardless I support this idea just as long as it isn't an entirely unorganized cluster of ideas that is always leeched by unoriginal people. I feel that it is a great idea and I would probably be a regular user and contributor towards it.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
IF SUPERVEGETA LIKES THE IDEA I LIKE THE IDEA. DO IT!

(No seriously, it doesn't sound bad at all. It could be quite useful.)

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Yes, I must lend my support as well. If SV wants it then THE ENTIRE CHURCH WANTS IT!!

That is all.

Years
Before I submit my Reaper RP I have one final question, is there anyone here who can help me make the OP more appealing to possible RPers?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

Spoiler:
I just quoted the post and looked instead of clicking /smart

Before I submit my Reaper RP I have one final question, is there anyone here who can help me make the OP more appealing to possible RPers?
I can help you a little, if you want.

Also, I hope there are some writey writey people out there who miss lone- or joint-posting journey RPs like A new professor in town, Arcanum, Pangaea, A fresh start etc. Because I just submitted one lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
You know, I've been thinking of writing a journey roleplay myself...but I don't have that kind of time. xD Maybe I should scribble some ideas during break time in school and I'll see what I can come up with. My primary idea is to base it off medieval times or something like that and your starter Pokemon could be a dragon-type.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
You know, I've been thinking of writing a journey roleplay myself...but I don't have that kind of time. xD Maybe I should scribble some ideas during break time in school and I'll see what I can come up with. My primary idea is to base it off medieval times or something like that and your starter Pokemon could be a dragon-type.

If that Vault thing comes up, you could post your ideas there and hope that someone else makes it ;)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I really want to take a crack at an original pokemon journey RP again, but hmmmm~ I'm also siding towards a Sinnoh or Unova journey RP too. We don't see those much~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
@Rika - Good idea. But for now, that idea will stay with me because I kinda scribbled it enough for me to open a word document and work on it. xD Usually I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to making ideas and then someone takes them away...but I'm not too worried about that when I just gather up A LOT and never make use for them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I really want to take a crack at an original pokemon journey RP again, but hmmmm~ I'm also siding towards a Sinnoh or Unova journey RP too. We don't see those much~
Well, this one shall FINISH instead of DIE if people seem to get bored of it, it's kind of created that way. And the plot behind it allows for sequels in other regions. A Sinnoh/Unova one for instance ;)

But MAO is more of a long runner I hope! I have no rush to get that one finished. It's not really a journey in the same sense as those others I mentioned.

@Rika - Good idea. But for now, that idea will stay with me because I kinda scribbled it enough for me to open a word document and work on it. xD Usually I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to making ideas and then someone takes them away...but I'm not too worried about that when I just gather up A LOT and never make use for them.
Haha, yeah. It's fun to think up ideas, I think. But sometimes I feel like I should really give them away and hope that someone can make something good of them while I don't have time or energy to.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Mmm, I dunno - Sinnoh and Unova both have very distinct and developed storylines, sooo there's loads of things you can do with those~~ In fact, I have a smallll idea for Sinnoh but there needs to be planning first~!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
God damn it, brain! Why must you have so many ideas? Now I'm also thinking of a Sonic the Hedgehog RP. But I can't possibly worry about that now. I've got Forsaken still waiting to earn my free time!

Anyways, speaking of that, I might as well spill something about that RP; probably the biggest spoiler yet, the theme.

Forsaken

The theme of this RP, if you haven't figured it out yet, is Guardian Angels. The paired sign-ups will be one human, and one angel whose guardianship is over the human.

Now, all I need is some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back