• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
See i dont think the owner will leave as he set out a 5 year plan on what they were theachieve and he estimated they would be a competitive team amongst the best in 3 years so its all looking good to me and tevez is unreal :)

They won't win the title in those five years so there is at least a small chance he'll leave.

Tevez :@

They are probably rich, I mean, last year they had enough money to pay the teams they were playing against so they wouldn't even attempt to defend to win as many points as possible and get promoted, according to some evidence the police got for a political corruption case the team's owner was involved in- sadly they couldn't use the evidence to relegate them again.

But yeah, if they could pay €200,00 to each player in Cádiz so they would purposedly lose, I guess they have money to hire good players.

Wow, really? I'm surprised at the amount of fixing in other countries.

Oh ho ho, Barça are losing 0-2 against Hércules XD What a surprise. If Madrid flops as well, we have real chances of getting a jumpstart this season.

Yes, lets have Atletico get a jumpstart and stay top until January with Aguero leading the scoring charts and this will play right into my hands as Man Utd swoop for him. <evil laughter>

3-3 was a shocker today, Ferguson's son threw a game away today as well, Preston went from 3-1 up to 4-3 down in six minutes.

Infamously

Infamous me
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Real Madrid is up by 1-0 against Osasona. >:[ Though, I have to admit, they are playing better.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
There were a few surprisingly pleasing results today.

Man United cocking up a 2-goal lead to Everton in injury time (LOL), Man City being held at home by Blackburn, Blackpool beating Newcastle at SJP and even Barca losing at home to Hercules.

It's been a funny old day for results, but I can't wait for Match of the Day ^^

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
The mighty glasgow rangers pulled it of again with an 89th minite winner against hamilton to win 1-2 quality from the awsome kenny miller :)

And the burnley preston game was amazing to go from 1-3 down to winning 4-3 in the last 6 minites is really quite a dramatic epic thing to do.

Man utd threw it all away in the last minite>

And city played out a poor game drawing with blackburn.

And unbelevebly barca got beat by hercules at home

Overall a brilliant day in the word of football with plenty of shockers :)

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Agreed with limey i so wanted to see united get beat by everton :)

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Loved Blackpool's celebration after their opener, very touching.

I am also enjoying seeing Newcastle getting beaten.

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
The blackpool keeper gilks played amazing newcastle just couldnt find a way past him.

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Chealsey are looking stronger than last season i think they are going to win the premiership again this season.

Arsenals passing<3<3<3 and overall play<3

Fulham v wolves was quite a battle the fouls were flying anyway.

Lack of communication is what lost city the game but blackburn had some desperate defending at the end with samba saving them a point at point blanck.

I think west brom probably should have beaten totenham but the totenham keeper did have a good game exept for west broms first goal.

Wigan should have made that extra man count. poor show...

My motd was....... Arsenal v Bolton i loved Arsenals play and the way they pass the ball and they also got 4 good goals the only bad point of their performance was the goal they gifted to Bolton :)

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Wigan should have made that extra man count. poor show...

What an introduction to English football for Sunderland's record buy Asamoah Gyan, and what a ball in from young Sunderland-born Jordan Henderson. The kid looks a very good prospect, he's still only 19.

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Yeah that was good from Sunderland but i would expect better from a team that has 11 over 10 men Sunderland could well have even won the match if it wasnt for Wigans late equaliser.

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
Yea, Arsenal did pretty well against Bolton, who were not at their best that game. Haha, Manchester were confident they won, until 2 goals in almost a minute were scored by Everton, making the score 3-3.

Does anybody watch the Italian club matches? Juventus is currently tied with Sampdoria, 1 - 1.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
Does anybody watch the Italian club matches? Juventus is currently tied with Sampdoria, 1 - 1.
Yea I'm a Milan follower. After all the hype I Was given a rude awakening by yesterdays game, everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong. Hoping we will perform better against Auxerre come Thursday. Fingers crossed Ronaldinho just forget about this game and get back into his groove. For now I can only take comfort in that Roma is the bigger laughing stock in Serie A while Barca was humiliated just like us, except at their own fortress.

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Rangers-man utd on tuesday cant wait for that one and im looking forward to going to watch the second match between them at ibrox im hopefully getting tickets in the Govan front thats right in the middle at the front if you dont know ibrox :)

Saitou

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Wow, tomorrow there are the CL matches. I'm probably going to watch Rangers - Manchester and Bracelona - Panathinaikos only, since the other matches aren't that interesting.

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Apparently the rangers utd game isnt on tv if anyone could make sure for me thatd be great :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Favourite club: Arsenal
National Team: England

Nice to see Spurs do well in the Champions League (as an Arsenal I dislike Spurs but they're English so in Europe I support them against the foreign teams). Rangers are clearly playing for a draw against United. Also, Inter behind against Twente?

Sorry, Inter just scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back