• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Pokemon in HGSS

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The only shiny I've gotten in HGSS other than the obligatory red Gyarados was a shiny Ekans in SoulSilver. I was just minding my business, grinding before going to the Azalea gym and BAM. There it was. I named her Pants and traded her to HeartGold to use there, because I was doing a challenge on SS at the time and Ekans wouldn't fit into it. She's an Arbok now and almost level 60, I think. I need to start RNGing in HGSS though. I find RNG more fun than shiny hunting, and it's a lot less tedious. Plus you get results you want, not like...shiny adamant Abra. Ruh roh.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I've only found one, a shiny Meowth on that route west of Ecruteak. And this was after I had caught the Meowth I wanted for my team and I was just leveling it up on that route... it just showed up out of the blue and I asked myself, "How lucky can I get?"

I've still kept it untouched since :P It really doesn't have a good nature conducive to battling, so I just keep it as a trophy of sorts.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Let's just say that shiny pokemon are all but easy to find =) In my career i had the privilege to own a red gyarados, a pink crobat (something horrible) and i saw a white/green pelipper from a friend of mine. My cousin has a golden scizor! (that's pretty cool). You were very lucky to have a shiny starter!

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Being yet another shiny hunter, i suppose you could assume i have a collection, but that isn't the case. I have a Shiny Ho-oh i soft resetted the other day, but on the same profile i found legitimate Pokerus, which has the ever so dandy odds of 3/65,536 on wild/bred pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
My first shiny was on my first pokemon game Platinum, right after the 3th gym, a nice Ponyta
On Heart gold I had my Beautyfull shiny Crobat and I encounterend a Shiny Hoothoot before I got pokeballs :/ and a shiny wingull wurmple and a clefairy on my emulator
I haven't got a shiny on white yet

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
Years
I sure wish I could find some shinies, especially shiny linoone. But I don't wish too much for them, cause some of em look kinda stupid. I do actually have 4 shinies, red gyrados from the lake of rage, and shiny raikou, entei, and suicune from GameStop events. I nearly missed one of the events because I got there as they were locking up on the last day! I did have the pokerus once but I didn't know what it was and I didn't know what to do with it. D:

Pheonix Down

Forever Raichu
Years
Oh my god! yesterday i found a shiny growlith in heart gold!!!! only the second shiny i have ever found and it just so happens to coincide with me just 2 days joining these forums. Creepy. :O

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Only encountered one random shiny, and that was a Voltorb :D which was lucky, 'cause that happens to be one of my favourite shiny Pokémon! Other than that, nothing. Apart from the red Gyarados, but that doesn't count.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
I caught a Shiny Larvitar the other day and its one of my frequently used Pokemon. It had 31 IVs to boot.

After that, I haven't found much. Luck's toying with me.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Found a random shiny Horsea while surfing around Whirl Islands, other than that the Red Gyarados. I've killed a shiny Graveler in Platinum as well so unlucky, I guess?

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2012
i have 2 shiny 1 being the red gyradous and the other being a shiny unkown in the ruins of alph it was blue for some reason i thought it would be white or something,but i think if you use the old rod a LOT you could find a shiny magikarp then evovle it into a shiny gyradous

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
well I wouldn't say its common to run into shinies, but I have caught a shiny ratatta in soulsilver (it's a goldy/greeny color) and I have caught the red gyarados .. also in the platinum/diamond/pearl games I have caught a shiny rhyhorn. It's color wasn't any different than a normal ones, but when it appeared it had the shiny circle go around it, and when I caught it it had the red star indicating it was a shiny in its summary.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I got a shiny cyndaquil in my Heartgold game. It took three days of soft resetting.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
HeartGold was the first Pokémon for me to ever find a wild shiny in whom I've kept to this very day! It was a shiny Buizel which I was extremely happy with since it was a Sinnoh Sound Pokémon and it started off my whole love for the Buizel family which lead me to start chaining for them in Pearl with the Pokéradar x] But yeah, it's the only shiny Pokémon I found in HG but I'm very happy with it. Also of course Red Gyarados :p

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Only shiny I ever got was the red Gyarados in the main storyline :(
But I have seen someone trading a shiny growlithe on the GTS tho. I was amazed lol :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Me? There are ~11 Shiny Pokemon in my game, but only ~3 of them are random shiny Pokemon. The rest were RNG abused for shininess/traded.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
I feel like these two games I have the worst luck in seeing shinies. Although I haven't exactly spent the most time playing the games, so you can't blame that haha.

Back