• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yup, I agree with above. ^^
But eShop isn't the best since having the game in your hand is kinda better...
Why's that? Isn't having a game right on the go instead of having to constantly change cartridges and having the hassles of carrying them much better?

But it isn't safe buying digitally from Nintendo because the games aren't tied to an account which is pretty ridiculous. (And I still buy digitally more from them than both Sony and Microsoft...****) To be honest I prefer retail personally, because I'm more of a collector (something I'm frankly ashamed of) and don't mind having to deal with physical copies.
yeah, the 3ds is way too expensive.... 300$ ;-(
You trying to buy a used ambassador 3DS or a Wii U? Thing's not even half that.

I won't be surprised if Nintendo delayed the digital release by a week or something. Retailers love those Pokemon money. Hell, I'd be surprised if it was released at the same time.
Nintendo also tends to overprice their digital release. NSMB2 was like 50 euros on the eShop, and it's still like 45 euros now when I can just buy the game for 29.99 in retails. Ocarina of Time is the only retail game I bought from the eShop, and it's gonna stay that way. (Virtual console games are luckily, priced correctly.)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
The wall sound effect? You mean that sound that happens when the character crashes against a wall? Well, maybe they should just tweak the sound a bit instead of just... low squeaks, but, I don't think they're gonna remove it for like, game realism purposes.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
Changing it would be perfectly fine. Just removing it would be aweful. I liked in hgss where walking made noise. That was pretty cool, but not very helpful in accessibility. I mean, you'd think that would make the game easier to play but it didn't. It was just cool :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I doubt they'll remove that sound. XD It's a small thing, yes, but I think it's been here since the beginning? Not about to pull Red out and test that theory, but I'm fairly sure it's in there. I doubt they'll remove that really. It seems minor, but you have to consider they put it in in gen I and everything since. Must have a reason for it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well they're spin offs, so I think they can be excused lol. I was referring to main series games. Spin offs are, for the most part, irrelevant in XY discussion.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Instead of screams, it could just be a small "ouch!" haha. But I think they'll keep the bump sound. Like I said, it's minor, but if they've included it from the beginning, there has to be a reason for it.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yeah, I hate annoying cries. It's gonna be interesting what cries the legendaries get! I think Xerneas wll get a subtle quiet cry and Yveltal will get a loud screeching bird like cry.

Years
I just hope none of the cries are too loud or too hard to hear. Also no Stunfisk-like cries, he sounds like a deflating whoopie cushion or something and I can barely even hear him haha. D:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm hoping none of them are too robotic/metallic, like Starly's from DPPt. I hate ones like that - it reminds that technology is advancing and the sounds aren't being 'handcrafted' anymore like the original games.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I love Gen V cries. ;o; Well some of them are just random sounds like most older gens, barely discernible as a category of sound, you have some very distinguishable sounds in Gen V. I would like more like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back