• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The User Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
i would like to extend a shoutout to my good friend Larry. he's a great guy and has been going through some tough times for most of the year, but he's strong enough to overcome any obstacle and never fails to bring a smile to my face. keep truckin pal <3

Anti

return of the king
Years
wolfie: I don't need to go in-depth with this because you already know how I feel about you! I'm very glad you were my successor, and you've done great! Mega Pidgeot is a killer though, isn't he? ;) Make sure to pass along your secrets to Zeffy! (And Zeffy, make sure to reject some of them for no reason, just for funsies!)

jewm: This probably won't come as a surprise either, but oh well! I have really enjoyed getting to talk to you again after many years off and getting to rekindle our friendship. I'd like to think that I see a lot of aspects of you and see you on various ends of the emotional spectrum, and I have to say that I am really impressed and amazed by your attitude and grace. What you can sometimes lack in perspective you make up for with a very strong positivity that I really envy as a debbie downer type. As we've talked, you have revealed a lot about how people have wronged you in ways big and small, subtle and obvious, and I think it's really cool that you have maintained your sense of self without resorting to any outwardly tough but inwardly weak rhetorical self-deception to do so. You see the good in people who I am not so quick to give the benefit of the doubt to, and I am glad that you have that optimism. You inspire me to do the same even if I suck at it! Even when you have your moments of melancholy, I think your humanity is what I like about you the most. I know you're not as bubbly and happy as many people here probably think you are, but I like the reality better anyway. More personally, I have really felt empowered by some of the conversations we have had about our more private disasters and problems. I have a great support system in real life, but it's tough being away from home for this semester, and it's been really great to have someone to talk to as we have given mutual support. And as much as I love all of my real-life friends, they cannot relate to many of my more traumatic experiences as you can (for you have first-hand experience with these things and can empathize on a deeper level), and I am very grateful that you have been able to pick me up. When I returned in late December, I was pretty broken, and maybe I'm not doing great now, but I'm certainly doing better and you have a lot to do with that. So I thank you for that. I hope I've been even a fraction as helpful for you. :) Also, I am glad that you take all of my prying questions and inappropriate jokes in stride. I love me some good old fashioned mild trolling of friends, and you make an exceptional target! I also get to hear you say "EWWWWW!!" in your high-pitched voice (accompanied by the accent - you can't forget the accent). This is a combination of adorable and satisfying, the latter feeling coming from the success of my trolling. I hope you are able to recover from Landorus-I PTSD and have some productive laddering seshes with me! I suspect oddEEsh might interrupt on of them, haha. Lastly, it was cool to meet you, and I'm looking forward to your visit! Oh, you're not? wow ok

120s2yp_th.png

I hope this counts as a proper answer to my favorite thing about you. :P

Shawn: I know we hardly talk at all, but I feel very strongly about what I'm about to say. I am really glad you're on the forum, as I think that in all my time here (coming up on eight years), you're probably the most positive presence I have ever seen who didn't seem like they were trying too hard/angling for a staff position. ~_~ It's so easy for selfishness, hostility, and outright demagoguery to proliferate in an internet community, even a relatively benign one like PC, and I have never had an interaction that wasn't made better by your presence. You brought back this thread, for example! I wouldn't want to rob you of your humanity to acting like you're perfect or anything, but I am honestly impressed to the point of being floored by your open arms and warm smile, even if they are only figurative. Also, I wish you were more visible battling, because you're actually really good! You played circles around me the last time we played and you 100% should have won if only Clefable wasn't such a BS Pokemon lol. It's so easy to get burnt out by competitive play but you combine skill with a positive outlook in a very inspiring way! But anyway, I am just really glad you're around and would love to talk more. I'll admit that my vision of you is probably somewhat idealized as we all have our flaws, but some people just have really notable strengths and I think you're one of them! I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I am also really a fan of just the way you talk! All of the happy emoticons, swirls, and hearts (which can often be very annoying when employed carelessly or excessively) just make your presence more positive and gives me faith that not every guy on the internet is a hyper-masculine asshole or an equally self-centered faux-introspective pseudo-intellectual. I know this is kind of a no-no topic, but I really hope you someday rise to HQ staff, as I think you'd be fantastic. Lastly, I hope to one day inherit some of your cooking and/or baking knowledge. Anyone who can do these things gains automatic cool points!

Asian Kev: Continue lighting up D_A's inbox, my dear.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I wanna thank the entire staff team for being absolutely stellar. Even if I'm having a crappy day or even a sad moment, I can count on them to pick me up if I'm down and we have a really nice support system built up among all of us. We cheer for each others' successes and comfort each other during failures. Love you guys and girls.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I want to thank [tier=mod]cuttlefishCuller[/tier] for being a stand-up gal and helping me with the retype challenge. And of course for just being really nice in general.

Sirfetch’d

Probably done this before, but a huge shoutout to all of the Treehouse regulars. You guys make the forum so fun and it wouldn't be as big of a success as it is without you all :)

Also hugs to all of the PT regulars and mods. I've been having a blast playing games with you all B)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
shoutout to oryx and went. we might be forgotten but uh... we're... something. but i appreciate you guys at least you both have made pc a cooler place. :') is sweep shouted at too? i didn't notice but sweep's great too. and shining raichu too c: and rora.

i assume you mention them by @sweep @oryx @went @shining raichu maybe? hopefully?

it makes me feel weird that i'm mostly forgotten, like like i'm just some sorta face that did stuff years ago and despite being gone-ish just faded? like... people i see in this thread i still would shout out but i feel like they've forgotten me. :c it's a weird disconnect-y feeling. but i guess that's my fault for not being able to be around that much.

but a silver lining: everyone who was forgotten by this thread that i knew or conversed with or ever muted or locked a thread of, dw you made an impact on my life back in the day :')

Barrels

The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Years
Shining Raichu. 'Nuff said.

...Well, almost. ;) It says a psyduck of a lot that I actually can't remember not having an Andy to talk to, because he is just always there and always fabulous. And I don't say it nearly often enough, so... thanks, pal. :) You the bestest.

Sirfetch’d

Shoutout to user Oddish for providing me and the entire server with many smiles and laughs! Oddish you have a great personality and are hilarious. Stay like that :)

Also big hug for Larry for making me the cutest drawing ever and being a fun person to skype with at nights and chat about anything! <3 you buddy!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Sterling~!

You are the best ever. <3

Cute, bubbly and adorable all around. That's how I feel about you; you're absolutely wonderful just the way you are, because you're so passionate and kind at the same time, and we always have good times with you, laughing, chatting, it's just really easy to relax with you! That's why you're my wiaifu, I do love you much, and I hope that our friendship continues forever, yeah? Your kingdom in Forum Clubs is really wonderful, and I'm really happy on how you're succeeding in it! Though I also miss you on TWL, but, it's great that you're posting there again too! All in all, you're really awesome Megaaan!

Oh and to Yoshikko; sorry that you had to hear me ramble all the while, haha. Still though, you're a kind and glamorous girl with a ton of personality, a great battler, and a great attitude to boot. I know, I gave you an admiration post in the past but, you deserve another one for helping me out and for being concerned about me all the time. Keep being you, sweetheart. c:

Last edited:
Years
GreyBidoof, Deceptio, Foxrally, Aquataris, Sonata, Churaka, Magic, MorallyIncorrect, Adventure, DreamorDestruction, TheLastSentinal, Nakuzami, SV, Raikiri, Carnvore Chie, Sir Bastian and any of you other RPC people who are involved in one of the Skype groups (there's just too many to list everyone now lol).

You guys are all amazing. You constantly make me laugh and smile regardless of whatever kind of day I have had and your ability as storytellers and writers never ceases to amaze me. Keep up the good work and keep up the insane shenanigans and random dancing. You guys are the best.

Just stay away from cows

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Cheers to the guy who made it possible to upload five pictures to your albums instead of three. ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Shoutout to the regulars in the VGM DJ Session room, Juno, Sonata, White Mage, Wobbu, Necrum, -Lisia-, NinjaAiden, and Arc. Thanks for keeping me entertained with Terits, JRPG tracks, and general goofiness. It's also fun to scare Mage in the morning with random music when he thinks no one is in the room. :>

edit: And Robin who needs to stop changing usernames. :>

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
I appreciate all of PCs official minecraft srver gang, especially Wobbu and Klippy, for giving us this awesome place.

It's been only a couple of days and it's already been a blast. I look forward to having an awesome time with you guys in the future!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Back when I wrote my first post with my fingers dying two shoutouts in, I mentioned Shawn or Robin. Today, I found myself locked out of the house and decided that the 100th post in this thread should go to him!

Shawn, I look up to you more than anyone here. You're so sweet and friendly and though we never really talk anymore, I've always found you to be so caring and kind towards others. The amount of times you've been there and turned my mood from wanting to cry or uppercut someone into the 17th fucking dimension to completely happy just blows me away. You're a friend most people would die to have and your taste in mythical creatures is spot on. If you ever need anything then you'll know where to find me but thanks for all you do!

Also shoutout to Tom or Sheerow for being one of the closest friends I have. You're a great person to talk to and even though the only words we ever seem to describe each other with involve rude, I don't think a lot of people realise how close we actually are. Back when things were getting rough, you were the first person I talked to about my problems and eventually, we'd later help each other with something and become closer as a result. Whether our lives are falling apart or everything's cool and things like the our bazillion alt accounts, battling, league, plug.dj and chasing chickens around backyards happen, I'm really glad you're back and I hope you stick around. Thanks for showing me the Lazytown way of baking a cake and always being there!

Sirfetch’d

Sophie's post inspired me to appreciate a member that I really feel like I should have already. I did briefly in my first user appreciation post but not like I should have. This will probably be lengthy and emotional so...8D

I want to say a little bit about someone who holds a special place in my heart, Sheerow. He's someone who I'm sure you have all seen me talk about or have in my signature at some point with some silly collab or something. I've always been pretty open about how much I care about this guy and with very good reason. He's probably the nicest, funniest, and overall most caring guy I've ever met.

I first met Tom almost 3 years ago back on the battle server. We joined the exact same day of all things and both were complete noobs at the time. He had the ugliest brown name under GolurkIsDaBomb and I had this hideous jellicentfan1 purple. Neither of us would probably fit in now haha. I wasn't even sure if I was going to stay but Nica convinced me to and introduced me to Tom and that is when we started hanging out. Tom and I did a few battles which eventually led to conversing through PMs and that was the start of something I never expected, a best friendship. I never believed that someone I met online could ever take that spot as being my one and only best friend but I was wrong. Tom did almost instantly. We talked, battled, played Pokemon challenges together nearly every single day from then on out. It was an amazing time and I was finally happy with myself.

Tom decided to take a short leave around some point mid 2013 which was hard on me. We still talked via Skype but it wasn't the same as having him around here and doing most things together. When he came back in January full time last year I was the happiest person ever. This is the point where we started playing LoL with our friends and that eventually turned into a full time thing. We were pretty sucky at it(I still am!) but eventually got good enough where we could win some games. This was always so fun to do with my bestie. This was also around the time where I opened up to Tom about something serious going on in my life, which while I am happy I did, maybe it wasn't the best decision now. He did as any best friend would do and was there for me though. He was a shoulder I could cry on if needed, he would go out of his way to make sure I was happy, he would stop whatever he was doing and just listen to me when I needed it. I never had this in my life until this point and really abused it I guess. Which led to a broken friendship.

Tom, I just wanted to say that despite our fallout and despite the fact we aren't in touch anymore you are still one of the most amazing friends I have ever had. You were a part of my life for 3 years and I refuse to just forget that. I put you through a lot that I really regret but you were a tough person to take it all. You are such a great dude. You're so smart, funny, caring, and everyone that is in your life now should just stop and evaluate how lucky they are. I should have done that myself instead of taking advantage of you and I am sorry for that! I also wanted to give you appreciation once again for making me the best gif(t) ever, sandform:
jelli.jpg
I love you Tom [:

ALSO SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO USER STATIC AKA SRINATOR FOR INSPIRING US ALL TO USE WEEZING <3

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
O-One Hundred posts?! You're right!

Congrats for 100 posts on this thread gang!

1ukCPMa.gif
1ukCPMa.gif
1ukCPMa.gif
1ukCPMa.gif
1ukCPMa.gif
1ukCPMa.gif
1ukCPMa.gif
1ukCPMa.gif

tumblr_mgsrcmXWUU1r72ht7o1_500.gif
tumblr_mgsrcmXWUU1r72ht7o1_500.gif

You guys have truly made a great difference here so far - both as fellow members of The PokéCommunity, and as really great friends for your loved ones, as well as admirers for the people who have inspired you. Truly remarkable! Now in return, here's some more shoutouts:

Shoutouts to everyone:

Aslan, Castform, Lalapizzame, antemortem, Adventure, Pepperton, flight, anti, Christos, Rabinov, Diddy Kong, MorallyIncorrect, Forever, eros, Barrels, Ayselipera, gimmepie, strifegirl, Dixie Kong, apocalypseArisen, Revise Librarian, classiccartoonsftw, Sven, Dedenne1, Zehn, Aquacorde, cuttlefishCuller, White Mage, Harley Quinn, mimimahboul, Larry, Kokoro, arachnidsGrip, Magic, Fairy Tale~, ShadowE, Percy, Marisa, GreenFlame, H.A.N., Squirrel, Yoshikko, oddísh, DyingWillFlareon, static, Zeffy, Nakala Pri, Hikamaru, Foxrally, El Héroe Oscuro, maccrash, Spherical Ice, Pidgey, Inyotef, User 101, CureYoshiDarkness, Tsutarja, Sheep, Lisia, & Cb92xtreme

This thread's success couldn't have been possible without you all here to spread some positivity here and there, because I haven't seen an appreciation thread in any other forum that has blossomed like this one here. Thank you for taking the time to appreciate others, and let's keep it up. <33

Shoutouts to the Crossroads Crew:

Adventure, Sir Bastian, Carnivore Chie, Greiger, Raikiri, The Last Sentinel

For helping making and contributing to probably the best RP Journey in a long time, and for being probably the PC family for the time being. <33

Shoutouts to the Welcome Lounge Regulars (including myself) as well as the people who always have TWL in their heart:

Sheep, Hikamaru, Archer99, Fun Size, Sterling

You guys are truly selfless. TWL is certainly a underrated section, but, you guys still kept at it and it has been all worth while. Thank you for your support guys, and let's work together to help make PC a more friendly place for newcomers!

Shoutouts to the Battle Server people who I admire:

Anti, wolf, Yoshikko, Castform, Zeffy, Kimi, Sanguine, Synerjee, Peitharchia, Aslan, Sector, Altairis.. etc, etc

Well there are many, many others, but I wanted to give you guys shoutouts because as server people you didn't really get as much shoutouts her eon this thread, which I will correct here now! (even though yeah, I gave Yoshikko shoutouts like 50 times but she always deserves another for being so cute!) Anyways, you guys are really amazing in the server especially; you're so nice, so helpful to others, and it's really awesome battling with you all! It's never a dull moment with you all around!~

An especially grand shoutout to:

Lisia, cream, Peitharchia, Meloetta, LeviathanX, Sheep, Yoshikko, Saki, Aquacorde

For being my favourite people to talk with on a daily basis. <33

Last edited:
Years
I don't think I mentioned you yet (I apologize if I did but you know, my memory ain't the best), but I just want to give a shoutout to Castform for being everything I see in a great friend. You are helpful, love to have a laugh and you're just a super-cutie of a person in general.

You are pretty much the reason that I know Castform doesn't suck as a Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back