• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New trial, Mantine Surf, and more revealed in the latest trailer for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon!

blue

gucci
Years
The latest trailer has revealed new features in Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
YOOOOO

MINA TRIAL

TRAINER LILLIE (??!)

OVER 400 POKÉMON

MANTINE SURF

THIS IS FUCKING RAD

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
so apparently Martine surf pokeride is kinda like Soaring in ORAS ( in water but then again it is Hawaii...)
I wonder if you can encounter special Pokemon that way
and we FINALLY HAVE FAIRY TRAIL! AS FAN OF FAIRY POKEMON THIS PLEASES ME! HORRAY FOR FAIRIES!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Well, it looks like trials are back in, and gyms are going out the window. Loving the look of the trailer so far, and the fact that some of the trials have been changed, including some of the lesser known characters like Mina getting some trials. But that scene where Acerola's banging on the door of the Thrifty Megamart...you can already tell that these games are going to go down a dark path. Also, I had an inkling we'd get Tropius in Alola, cuz it looks pretty tropical on its own, and the way they showed off Mareep, Larvitar and Houndoom suggests that we'll get the event-exclusive mega stones through normal gameplay, or maybe just buy them from the tree.

There can also be some other stuff inferred from the trailer as well, for example the fact that one of Mantine's moves is the Gorebyss Spiral. This suggests Clamperl will end up in the new Alola dex.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
lol "The Island Challenge Returns!" as if there was a significant chance it wasn't gonna be in these games

but hey at least Mina gets her own trial now so maybe no half-assed last trial now

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
It appears that Houndoom line and Manectric line are Version Exclusive to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon respectively.

Lillie has her hair in a ponytail and her late game dress I wonder how Lusamine will be in these games.

I hope the Ralts line is in the games.

Last edited:

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
Years
Surfing in Pokemon games just got cool again. New trail too. The photo thing looks fun. I think this is the best news yet.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Mantine Surf is the best thing I have heard about USUM yet, next to walking Pokémon.

More Pokémon of course was to be expected, so far I like what I see of the included Pokémon.
The Photo Club... not that thrilled about it. May use it a few times but not much.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Mantine Surf has got to be the coolest thing ever. It seems to be a substitute to Soaring from ORAS but more expansive and interactive, which is always good.

I'm also thankful of the confirmation of a variety of new pokemon in the dex, will make the games more interesting.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Well, I think my hope for new alolan forms has officially gone out the widow! At least we have a ton of new pokemon added to dex. Emotionless trainer seems to be back as well, lol.

Mantine surfing looks fun.

Last edited:
Years
Nice to see Mina got redeemed by now having an actual trial of her own! Sadly this means the Gyms rumour has all but been killed off.

Anyways, older Pokemon that seem to be confirmed for the new Alola Dex:
Spoiler:

Photo Club is looking even better now. Love being able to screenshot some moments with my Pokemon! But best of all, I'm looking forward to surfing on a Mantine!

Sirfetch’d

This was great news to wake up to. I am super excited they seem to be adding quite a bit new content so this is really going to feel like a fresh adventure in many ways!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Surfing on Mantine sure looks rad, almost reminds me of the gameplay in Pokémon Yellow where Pikachu did the similar thing. And Photo Club seems to be pretty interesting, I might consider using it if I ever got one. What surprises me was when they reveal there will be about 400+ 'mons in Alola now. Could this be the Kalos Dex 2.0 in a way?

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
Years
Mina getting more than just a introduction where she just walks on by is great. Sure, we battled her in the Ub mission part of the game. Still she is a captain, and she gets what she should of had in sun and moon.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Fans: Why is the protagonist emotionless?

GF: Let's improve on SM.

Result:

Spoiler:

Years
The Japanese trailer did show that Heracross and Dedenne are possibly in the new Alolan Pokédex. I also feel that if Mantyke and Mantine are in the Pokédex, then Remoraid and Octillery should be in there as well.

Years
The Japanese trailer did show that Heracross and Dedenne are possibly in the new Alolan Pok?dex. I also feel that if Mantyke and Mantine are in the Pok?dex, then Remoraid and Octillery should be in there as well.

Pinsir was in the original Alola Dex, and since it tends to appear with Heracross in most regional Dexes I guess it made sense they'd add Heracross. Also, Remoraid's line would make sense considering Mantyke needs to level up with Remoraid in the party to evolve.

Every time Mantyke and Mantine have appeared in a regional Dex post-4th Gen, the Remoraid line was always present in the game along with it. It would be a complete dick move by Game Freak not to have the Remoraid line in the new Alola Dex, because it'll mean we can't evolve a Mantyke.

Back