• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakala Pri

Okay, GoatMan, you are officially signed up. ^^ Okay, Giritina isn't a Poison Type, so I may need something else. But hey, I can make an exception.

Would you like to participate in the current conversation? :D

Nakala Pri

Sure, knock yourself out. ^^ Preferably with a Nidorina. :P

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Heh, that'd actually be a very dangerous thing to do.

Actually, I think I was thinking about Gulpin when I said that, but I can't recall what I had in mind, so it's gone now. I've got nothing. Doesn't matter, Gulpin's too cool to be changed. Still one of the best 3rd gen designs for that face alone. And that Advanced Generation episode where it grew to Godzilla proportions.

So, turns out I've got nothing to add to the new topic. :P

What I can say is that it seems like there's a nice selection of poison types to choose from in X and Y ¬ˬ¬ (and by "nice selection" dbp clearly means "the ones he likes the most" from what was seen between the first three generations. Bulbasaur included). So I'm definitely getting the game. Now I just hope it's good, rather than reminding me why I quit in the first place. -_-;

Haha, were any new poison types officially announced for X/Y, because I totally wasn't paying attention, eheh. (n_n;)7

Nakala Pri

Oh, I think a few were, like Inkay and such. But it's mostly been released Mega's lately.

Okay, new topic:

If you could change one Poison types design, which one would it be and how would it be altered?

Discuss! ^^

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I might make Tentacool look more like Tentacruel in that it's face/head is underneath a cap, but that's all I got for now. Or perhaps I'd make it more jelly like in general. Then again, these aren't animals so I don't know why I should care so much.

Nakala Pri

Haha, well, Tentacool and Tentacruel are seriously under-rated. Sometimes I even forget they're there, haha. xD

Sorry if my posts are a bit short, I just learnt some bad news so I'm distracted. :X

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Sorry to hear that. :( Well I hope it's not devastating. Nevertheless, I wouldn't worry, is anyone even posting regularly besides me?

I'll hold down the fort. :P

*looks around* Ugh, this paint job is terrible. Time to make it better.

On topic: Uh... Oddish is blue.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I would change Seviper's design to make him look more threatening! He's a really cool Pokémon at the moment and I love hi to bits but he's just a slow chubby lump of pretty much useless flesh right now - if we could send him to the gym and put him on a diet to make a skinnier, more agile design with a sharper blade on its tail to match I think he'd be much more intimidating (perhaps even enough to warrant a stat change!). Mega Seviper could be the answer to this, but I'm not holding out hope :p

Nakala Pri

I would change Seviper's design to make him look more threatening! He's a really cool Pokémon at the moment and I love hi to bits but he's just a slow chubby lump of pretty much useless flesh right now - if we could send him to the gym and put him on a diet to make a skinnier, more agile design with a sharper blade on its tail to match I think he'd be much more intimidating (perhaps even enough to warrant a stat change!). Mega Seviper could be the answer to this, but I'm not holding out hope :p

I totally agree. Serviper was a bit of a failure. Like, if I saw him I would flee screaming, I would probably eat him, haha. xD

Sorry to hear that. :( Well I hope it's not devastating. Nevertheless, I wouldn't worry, is anyone even posting regularly besides me?

I'll hold down the fort. :P

*looks around* Ugh, this paint job is terrible. Time to make it better.

On topic: Uh... Oddish is blue.

Haha, not really. xD

Oh, I have a favor to ask. Since I'm AFK for a bit and the moddies will try and disable the club, would you post and keep it going? Maybe even be my second in command. ^^

Okay, whatever works. :P

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Going somewhere? Be back quick, koffi~

Hohohoho! I at last show my face! I know you said you wanted two of those little icons (I can't seem to get them to show up here) but just know, that I boldly (see? Coffee reference there) request to have not one, but two Koffing! That would indeed be the best, er, indeed.

Moving on; this is our shot! The new Pokemon games just have to have a Poison Legendary Pokemon! Even the new Fairy type got one before the Poison type, can you believe that? We need to have a legendary poison type to boost our poisonous stats and such! I hope they don't screw up on this one, koff~

gastly__koffing_and_gengar_by_mepokeyou-d36umo4.png

Nakala Pri

Okay, welcome to the team, Coffee! I hope you are a huge asset to the club! ^^

Thanks, I'll try and come on as much as I can. :P

I totally agree! WHEN WILL THEIR BE A TOXIC LEGENDARY WHICH POKEMON SNATCHERS WANT TO SNATCH??? xD

CoffeeDrink

Years
Okay, welcome to the team, Coffee! I hope you are a huge asset to the club! ^^

Oh don't worry about that. I'm the life of the party, koff~

Also, my least favorite poison type Pokemon has to be the Rose family. They received far too much attention in my opinion and left every other poison type in the Muk (pun points)! We already had a grass/poison type with Venasaur and Roserade just didn't help the poison type as a whole. If they upgraded Koffing to Poison/Dark, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It'd negate the weaknesses completely! That'd be great. Anyway, does anyone here really like the Rose family? Because I don't, koffi~

Nakala Pri

Oh don't worry about that. I'm the life of the party, koff~

Also, my least favorite poison type Pokemon has to be the Rose family. They received far too much attention in my opinion and left every other poison type in the Muk (pun points)! We already had a grass/poison type with Venasaur and Roserade just didn't help the poison type as a whole. If they upgraded Koffing to Poison/Dark, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It'd negate the weaknesses completely! That'd be great. Anyway, does anyone here really like the Rose family? Because I don't, koffi~

Okay, thanks! :P

The Rose family, well, they stole the attention, but I cannot hate them. Roserade really helped me in a mind with her Giga Drain, Budew was kind of cute and Roselia was okay in a... not that helpful and bad stats but still good kinda way. xD Well, I like the Rose family, but it's annoying how everything else is put in the dark. But hey, Mega Venusaur might bring up Poison Type popularity. Even though it might just boost Grass Type populiarty, which would be annoying, since everyone loves them and us Toxic people are as you put it, left in the Muk and Grimer. xD

(P.S: Keep up the Pokemon puns!)

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Hello, can I join this club?

I'm Magistrum, an artist :) and my all-time fave pokemon is...!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

I'm Magistrum, an artist :) and my all-time fave pokemon is...!
Spoiler:

Sure, glad to have you! ^^

Ah, another Crobat lover. There is something about his little face which just makes me smile. :D

Awesome! :O That is amazing!! :3

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Ah I guess Crobat lovers are aplenty in this club lol. Also GAMEFREAKWHERE'SMYMEGACROBAT :P

On to the topic, I guess I'd redesign Garbodor. Even if he's based on trash, I never liked his assymetrical tentacle-hands.

CoffeeDrink

Years
Moves, koff~

There needs to be a Poison-Type weather move! Fire/Grass types have one, so does Water and Ground/Rock/Steel, and even Ice Types which aren't that common!

Acid Rain: Damages all non-Poison Types every turn when out in the field. Lasts five turns. (it would damage Steel types as well)

What do you think? I think it would be a welcome addition to the games. They need to add some more weather moves! Ghosts could have an 'eerie' effect where non-Ghost Pokemon would get the 'shivers' and be too terrified to move (think of Generation one Ghosts). And perhaps the Fighting types would get the 'Crowd' whose cheers lower non-Fighting types attack and special attack for as long as the cheering continues, koffi~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back