• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Aureolin

Which design for the Dusk Admin do you prefer the most? [Refer to the first post for designs.]

• Design A

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Design B

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Design C

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Design D

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Design E

• Design F

• Design G

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Design H

• Design I

• Design J

• Design K

• Design L

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
This looks just plain AWESOME!!! Can't say I'm thrilled about the Fairy type as they beat Dragon, but I can put up with that for Sylveon (the Pokeworld NEEDS more eeveelutions).

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Hey. :)

I'm going to have the thread closed for a bit. Rest assured I'll still work on the game, it's just that I'm a bit busy with real life so progress is slow. I hope I can get a beta out as soon as possible though. Thanks everyone who's supported the game so far!

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
Years
I prefer Dazzle Gleam because it'll be the easiest to understand. Adding Fairy type is awesome and I would love to play it! Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
This thread was requested to be opened by its owner. Good luck with this, Superjub!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
This thread was requested to be opened by its owner. Good luck with this, Superjub!

Thanks Spheal/Christos! :D

Now for the important stuff. :p Just want to warn you first that'll it'll still be a little while until Beta 1, BUT progress IS (and was :p) still being made. I'd just like to clarify two things first.

1. The game before was pretty incompatible with karatekid552's hacking suite, which is very useful for my hack due to Eevee being a starter and how easy it is to add more evolutions. Due to this, I pretty much RESTARTED the hack. So yeah, it's still gonna be a little while until I can catch up (although I can port most maps and stuff anyway.)
  2. The games a little different now. It seemed a little nonsensical to have only x Pokemon from regions available so ALL POKEMON ARE AVAILABLE (aside from megas and primal reversion.) It is worth mentioning that a good proportion (at the moment about half) WILL NOT be available in the main game. I have a lot of post-game content planned though so yeah. :p

Aaaaand that's pretty much it. Oh, but as a little teaser here are some pics:

ogWycnv.png

dI9AEX7.png

(Note that I have NEW player sprites and backsprites and really just need to insert them. Also, new tiles yo' :p)

Anyway, thanks for the support everyone! :D It's what really motivates me to carry on despite some setbacks. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Glad to see you are back :)
I really like your hack
Can't wait to see some progress
Take the time you need
I'm sure I am going to like your updates
I wish you best of luck with your hack ;)
~Mydrago

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Glad to see you are back :)
I really like your hack
Can't wait to see some progress
Take the time you need
I'm sure I am going to like your updates
I wish you best of luck with your hack ;)
~Mydrago

Thanks a lot! :D

Some updates. :p Redid the Cobblestone Gym with brand new tiles. :) Open for c&c please- I want to know how it compares to the old tiles. :p

elXvsqj.png

eMvFLfd.png

tjOOcA8.png

(Old overworlds are old and will be replaced eventually. Btw I know there's a tile error in the bottom one I literally just noticed it. D:)

Old tiles for comparison:
tZnobRh.png

8UyMfMw.png
Snowfall Gym

qjY21it.png
7fZq3ML.png

The second Gym of the Ekkul region is located high up in the snowy mountains. Naturally, their specialty is Ice-type Pokémon. :)

pWdHcDF.png

The Gym Leader packs a powerful Froslass with strong ice and ghost-type moves so brace yourself!

OXNxmcX.png

Last edited:
Years
Finally you are back Superjub and you have awesome updates. However, I'm supporting you all the way with this hack. Great job and good luck with completion

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Finally you are back Superjub and you have awesome updates. However, I'm supporting you all the way with this hack. Great job and good luck with completion

Thanks a lot! :D

I've started inserting house tiles now. :)

UFHJD7a.png

Still need to change some palettes and stuff around though. Credit goes to Kyledove for the tiles.

New screenies everybody! :D

y8zADPb.png

Huh? You're not the professor...?

Yeah, in this game the professor isn't in the introduction. It's a change but hey, even Elm wasn't in the intro of Gold/Silver/Crystal and the remakes. Also, the player initially has an assistant role. Specifically, they have a work placement at the lab as a temporary assistant (kinda similar to real life.) Also think of how May/Brendan helps the professor in R/S/E. Of course you become a trainer (can you imagine a ROM hack where all you do is lab duties...? xD) but it makes a change from the "You've just turned the age to get a Pokemon!" routine. The intro leads directly into the game, as shown...

rGrsKo4.png

Why'd the Prof send me a letter anyway? Oak contacts Red through telepathy!

5h1MlRj.png

An emergency, eh? Does this emergency lead me to getting a starter Pokemon perhaps...?

N7emNZR.png

Mother being motherly~ :)

Gonna be a bit busy this week for a few days so don't expect loads of updates but I'll see what I can do. :)

For now, here's a poll! Pick which design you like best. :) The winning design gets put into the hack.

3Ue4SmQ.png

Some background: this is a Dusk admin. I think I'm gonna go for 3 admins, based on the moon, sun and stars. This is the one based on the stars. He's meant to have a mad scientist feel to him but when designing him kinda made him look pretty metrosexual lol, but maybe that's just me. xD

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Keep AT IT!!! I've been hoping to play an Eevee starter hack for a while. Good luck!

Thanks, and will do~ :D

Question time! I've been considering including Day/Night (since all Pokemon are available and a lot of them have Day/Night based evolutions) HOWEVER, I really don't want Espeon/Umbreon to evolve through Day/Night so that the gane's balanced (more specifically, one of the big "crossroads" of the hack is what you evolve your Eevee into and I want to make all of the Eeveelutions available through items to make it fair.) So what do you think? Not include Day/Night or include Day/Night but it'd mostly be cosmetics aside from maybe a few time-based events and obviously evolutions (except for Espeon/Umbreon.)?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I like it! some kind of attractive! keep it up!

Thank you! :D

Thanks, and will do~ :D

Question time! I've been considering including Day/Night (since all Pokemon are available and a lot of them have Day/Night based evolutions) HOWEVER, I really don't want Espeon/Umbreon to evolve through Day/Night so that the gane's balanced (more specifically, one of the big "crossroads" of the hack is what you evolve your Eevee into and I want to make all of the Eeveelutions available through items to make it fair.) So what do you think? Not include Day/Night or include Day/Night but it'd mostly be cosmetics aside from maybe a few time-based events and obviously evolutions (except for Espeon/Umbreon.)?

Question still stands people. :p I really want your input. Also, I've been inserting some tiles for the 3rd Gym (still not anywhere near there mapping/scripting wise though lol). Tell me what you think (also this is in no way meant to represent what the Gym's layout will look like, it's just for testing/showcasing purposes. :p
NGyy7ye.png

Also, there are still some graphical bugs since I replaced some of Vermilion's animated tiles. I'll fix those though. :)

Reactions: Del

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
If you feel like you should insert an item to evolve the Eevee into an Espeon/Umbreon, then go for it. I kinda like the idea and it gives the player a sense of control on how they play and progress, even though it may be mostly a cosmetic face-lift (you know what I mean?)

Otherwise, love the tiles. There's a certain uniqueness to it.

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
Years
Thank you! :D

Question still stands people. :p I really want your input. Also, I've been inserting some tiles for the 3rd Gym (still not anywhere near there mapping/scripting wise though lol). Tell me what you think (also this is in no way meant to represent what the Gym's layout will look like, it's just for testing/showcasing purposes. :p
NGyy7ye.png

Also, there are still some graphical bugs since I replaced some of Vermilion's animated tiles. I'll fix those though. :)

It doesn't really matter to me if the day/night system is used or not, but to answer your question sure go ahead and use it. I like the idea of using items for eeveelutions, reminds me of sacred gold and storm silver.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Hmmm, I guess I'll just add it in anyway. :) Also, the polls over and design B won! :D Thanks to everyone who votes.

All of the admins in all their glory. :)
zwOdxLi.png

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Just another small update, I'll get something big out soon I promise.

The second of several rivals. All of the rivals will be important to the main plot of the game. How? You'll just have to wait and see, but I have left subtle clues here and there. :p I'm also aiming to make each rival unique from each other. So far we have both a childhood friend and an antagonist-like rival.

0CfP7cA.png

Felicity is your childhood friend who lives nearby to you. She has one of the conventional starter Pokemon of the Ekkul region, which shares its starter Pokemon with that of the Kalos Region. Her starter Pokemon is a Fennekin, who always accompanies her. She is going on a Pokemon adventure unlike the hero, who is burdened with their duties of assisting Prof. Maple.

fennekin.gif

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Been focusing on making sprites for the hack and fixing some bugs recently. Speaking of whiiiich...

S36w65Y.png

Diancie! :D Tell me what you guys think of the sprites. :) Diancie will be the last Pokemon in the Ekkul Dex and will be fairly hard to get since, you know, it's an event Pokemon and all. :p
(Diancie won't be available in Beta 1 btw! The sprites are for private use only at the moment, sorry!)

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I cannot believe that I overlooked this >.< It looks so awesome!! I love the fact that you have all of the Eeveelutions in the game. I also looked at the previous pages, and I've got to say, the tiles and mapping look awesome :D. As for the day/night system, I wouldn't mind either way. But if you don't plan on putting it in, can you tell us the times at which it is morning and night? Anyways, I'll be lurking at this thread now. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back