• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen September Corocoro: The Scoop of the Century? Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
http://www.serebii.net/archive/June-2013.shtml

Look at the CoroCoro on that page and compare it to the one on the home page. They are completely different in art styles, and in presentation. There is in no way that today's "CoroCoro" was real.

The corocoro on the homepage is last Month's, notice how it shows all Pokémon revealed last month?

Plus, there's a date of 7/13 on the bottom right, that 7, is a month, that month, being July.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I also noticed the art style. They seem very different then what we have normally. All of this could still be fake. Possibly the same person who showed all the pokemon last generation. Though it has been confirmed. We can not trust it 100% until it comes out.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
Judging by the fact Mewtwo in the movie could switch at will, it's possible that it's not Permanent, but that's the movie, so it might be permanent, as it does use "Evolution" in the name.

I'm hoping that it's not a permanent thing, but rather just a boost with like a held item or something. I feel like making it permanent would be a little bit extreme. Kind of like giving Pokemon like Blaziken a 4th evolution.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
I'm hoping that it's not a permanent thing, but rather just a boost with like a held item or something. I feel like making it permanent would be a little bit extreme. Kind of like giving Pokemon like Blaziken a 4th evolution.

But then why give a pokemon like Mawile, who desperately needs an evolution, a mega one instead of a regular one? If it is not permanent and just a held item, than this somehow is even WORSE than it already is.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Guys...There is a Stone that comes with Torchic in the Torchic Download event called the Mega Stone.

Read peoples! There is an item to get to the Mega forms.

Serebii said:
First event for Pokémon X & Y. Torchic to be distributed from October 12th to January 15th. Hold a new item called Blaziken Knight. Can eventually become MegaBlaziken. It's also mentioned to utilise something called a Mega Stone

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Hmm... scoop of the century?

Legendary spoon pokémon confirmed!

You know what!

Spoon Pokémon >>>> Mega Pokémon

These mega-evolutions sound like something a 7 year old would make. I'm shocked and most of all disappointed, especially at how all these mega-evolutions look like horribly overdesigned trash. Black/White Kyurem were only a litmus test for this forme overdose.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
wasn't it called "balzikan knight"

First event for Pokémon X & Y. Torchic to be distributed from October 12th to January 15th. Hold a new item called Blaziken Knight. Can eventually become MegaBlaziken. It's also mentioned to utilise something called a Mega Stone

The bottom portion of the info. The Blaziken Knight was edited after I first saw it as it used to say Torchic was holding the Mega Stone.

Though if they have specific names for the items, then each may be iconic to the Pokemon.

Blaziken's Knight Form may end up the localized name due to the item's name.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
But then why give a pokemon like Mawile, who desperately needs an evolution, a mega one instead of a regular one? If it is not permanent and just a held item, than this somehow is even WORSE than it already is.

Maybe they will still be giving Pokemon like Mawile and Absol evolutions, and then we get megaforms of all pokemon if they're holding the megastone? I really don't know. That's probably not the case. I can see how giving them a megaform is kind of a lazy way of avoiding giving them actual evolutions and why that would be a bit dumb. But since we already see there is a Megaform of a fully evolved pokemon in a 3-stage evolution line, I'm hoping it's not permanent because that's a very drastic change from the evolution system we're all used to.

If they can only be in these forms with a held item, at least that would make it a little more complicated to get a team of full mega pokemon for in-game playing and competitive battling. idk

There's not enough information about this feature yet for me to decide if I like it or not.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Maybe they will still be giving Pokemon like Mawile and Absol evolutions, and then we get megaforms of all pokemon if they're holding the megastone? I really don't know. That's probably not the case. I can see how giving them a megaform is kind of a lazy way of avoiding giving them actual evolutions and why that would be a bit dumb. But since we already see there is a Megaform of a fully evolved pokemon in a 3-stage evolution line, I'm hoping it's not permanent because that's a very drastic change from the evolution system we're all used to.

If they can only be in these forms with a held item, at least that would make it a little more complicated to get a team of full mega pokemon for in-game playing and competitive battling. idk

There's not enough information about this feature yet for me to decide if I like it or not.

Well I certainly like this new feature already, I mean, it's still well within the realms of Pokémon, and basically confirms the genetics theme everyone was wanting.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
DEAR ARCEUS!

I'm baffled! I don't even know what to say. I think they could have come up with a better term than "mega forms" if that is indeed the name... mega is too overused. They look a little overdesigned,especially Lucario, but Absol and Ampharos look kinda cool. How many Pokemon are going to get a MegaForm, I wonder? MegaDelcatty? MegaDunsparce? MegaCastform? This is really surprising, to stay the least. I'm curious about the details of all this!

I haven't seen much mention of the 3 newbies, so lemme say: Gogoat's baby form is adorbs, I want to hug the rabbit thing, and I want Raichu's hamster for a pet.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
There is no way it's fake guys, it's already been confirmed and there is no way you could fake this. The page designs on each issue are different each time. I think this works like a mutation to pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
People...ITS NOT LOCALIZED YET! "Mega Form" is JAPANESE ONLY SO FAR. Stop complaining about the name that isn't even translated. Wait for our official translated versions THEN complain...sheesh.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
^ Oh, oops! Calm it, if I would've known that I wouldn't have complained XD

Oh, since it looks like she's wearing some sort of... bone-like thing (?) I'd say she'll be ground-type.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Mega Formes aside, at least a Gogoat pre-evo is confirmed, and we now know this gen's Pikachu clone, which would certainly do a better job at countering Dragon types than other clones, including Pikachu himself (though Marill's debatable), who have to rely on HP Ice to hit them. I hope the rabbit Pokémon evolves into a Jackalope to differentiate itself from Buneary.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
^ Oh, oops! Calm it, if I would've known that I wouldn't have complained XD

Oh, since it looks like she's wearing some sort of... bone-like thing (?) I'd say she'll be ground-type.

Actually it's a cycling helmet, but it does have an odd bone shape.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Also, no one's talking about the gym leader, people, what type of gym leader do you think she'll be?

She could be the 8th leader? And use a nice roster of mega formes.

Or maybe it isn't just final evolution Pokemon who get them so she could be like the 3rd idk

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Also, no one's talking about the gym leader, people, what type of gym leader do you think she'll be?

I'm getting a fighting/normal/fairy vibe from her. Looks fit, I can't see anything obvious about her aesthetics, and fairy just because. Might be unexpected, but since she does specialize in the arts of "Mega" Pokemon, she might also use them? Who knows, maybe all of the gym leaders' final Pokemon are in their "Mega" form, or will transform into them during battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back