• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What Was Your First Shiny In Sword And Shield

Years
  • Age 18
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 9, 2022
My first shiny was magmar which I sent from my Pokemon go account but to be honest I never caught a shiny I just sent shiny pokemon from my Pokemon go account 😅

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
During that Magikarp event. Just a shiny Magikarp, I don't believe it was even the best version of one that I could get, I just gave up at some point.

Still trying to finish my Galar dex, and then hopefully my first shiny will present itself.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2021
Do you need gym badges to catch a shiny? I've been hunting chewtle for 70+ hours and stopped counting after 10k encounters any help would be greatly appreciated

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Caught a shiny Magikarp from the event, technically. Netted a shiny Braviary from a normal Max Raid. Counts as the first "real" shiny.

Do you need gym badges to catch a shiny? I've been hunting chewtle for 70+ hours and stopped counting after 10k encounters any help would be greatly appreciated

Read nothing that suggests that. Found a video of someone catching a shiny Wooloo on Route 1. Seems possible. Cannot rule out editing/hacking shenanigans, of course.

Good luck on your shiny hunt.

Years
A random shiny Swirlix I got while breeding and traded away.

No, you don't need badges. The base chance of finding a shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Sword and Shield is 1 in 4096. If you're at 3 times that you're just unlucky.

Have you been fainting the Chewtles you find or running away from them?
Because you can improve your odds if you faint them. According to Serebii:
At 50 Pokemon (Chewtle) Fainted your odds become: 1 in 2048
At 100 Pokemon Fainted: 1 in 1365.333
At 200 Pokemon Fainted: 1 in 1024
At 300 Pokemon Fainted: 1 in 819.2
At 500 Pokemon Fainted: 1 in 682.6667

Edit: Apparantly these numbers are separate from chaining which will increase your odds even further. Try running from everything that isn't Chewtle, and faint every chewtle you come across until you get a shiny one.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
My first SwSh shiny is also the only one I've gotten on SwSh (though I'd need to check), and it's an Alcremie I got from a Max Raid battle. Was even one of those new square sparkle shinies too.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2021
My first SwSh shiny is also the only one I've gotten on SwSh (though I'd need to check), and it's an Alcremie I got from a Max Raid battle. Was even one of those new square sparkle shinies too.

Thank you

Years
i might be wrong since my memory is hazy since i bred a lot of shinies, but i thiiiink my Corvinkight might've been my first shiny? i was trying out the Masuda Method with a particular Pokemon and i knew i had to had some patience and ofc that patience was rewarded. :o

Years
  • Age 59
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I had three shinies come in rapid succession in the Max Lair: anger point Krookodile 5/29/21, chlorophyll Ivysaur 5/30/21, rain dish Shiinotic 6/10/21. Then, later, I got my 4th, a solar power Helioptile on 7/10/21 when breeding. They all look pretty cool.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I'd been trying for a Shiny Snom but went back into the town for something and stumbled into the wrong route on my way out where I noticed glowing water. Decided to fish for the heck of it and was surprised by a Shiny Wishiwashi! I'm not keen on using fish Pokémon since their levitating never made sense to me, but its Schooling looked so cool!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
First shiny I got was a Shiny Bounsweet. And first shiny hunted Pokemon I got was Skwovet after thousand and thousands of encounters with one. Never shiny hunting again!

Years
First shiny I got was a Shiny Bounsweet. And first shiny hunted Pokemon I got was Skwovet after thousand and thousands of encounters with one. Never shiny hunting again!

Out of curiosity, was that with or without the shiny charm? (the one you hunted)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Out of curiosity, was that with or without the shiny charm? (the one you hunted)

lol...no. I'm way too lazy to complete the Pokedex, so I was at full odds. I even went over odds (after the odds were improved by battling thousands of Skwovet) and found a shiny Rookidee and Blipbug while hunting it.

I wish the Shiny Charm was easier to get, though, it would help so much.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Shiny Tyrunt was my first SwSh shiny. It just randomly bumped into me in the overworld while waiting on a friend to do some Max Raids

Years
  • Seen today
Not counting events, my first was a Charmander that I just hatched over the weekend. It was also the first successful result while breeding via the Masuda Method.

Years
Im currently filling out my Shiny Electric pokedex. I hatched Elekid in 170 attempts and im currently at 512 for a chinchou.

Back