• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Pure White

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years

POKéMON PURE WHITE

"When the sky and the depths of the ocean fight, it will be a magnificent battle to behold!"

Author: Final Destination
Engine used: RPG Maker 2003 using the PokéEngine GBA kit

"What's this about PokéEngine GBA?"
Spoiler:

Story:
The region of Altro is a big region that's home to two legendary birds: Ho-Oh and Lugia. However, two teams seek them for their own personal gain: Team Aero and Team Sacred, who seemingly appeared when Ho-Oh and Lugia appeared. Their goal? To cause destruction, for fun. They also have another thing in mind though: Recently in Altro, an ancient tablet was dug up on the east side of the region. When translated it, it said this:

"When the sky and the depths of the ocean fight, it will be a magnificent battle to behold!"

It was found out to be linked to Ho-Oh and Lugia, which explains why both teams want to both cause destruction and find Ho-Oh and Lugia. They haven't been removed from the region yet because all of their activities is done in secret, and no one knows where their bases are. However, it seems like every time Team Aero and Team Sacred meet, they get into a mini-fight over who's going to meet, and their leaders are never around. Soon, their fights seem to be planned, and don't seem as real. What's going on with them? What kind of battle will the legendary Pokémon fight in if Team Aero and Team Sacred force them to fight?

You are a kid from Oceanview Town, in West Altro, who has been exposed to Pokemon all their life. Your best friend has been your friend for as long as you can remember, so it's only expected that your friend would know a lot about Pokémon too. Professor Samuel Oak from the Kanto region is coming to West Altro, which is where you live. When he's ambushed by a Team Aero Grunt, you must use one of his Pokémon to save him.

And that's when it all starts!

Features (implemented):
~CBS (Custom Battle System, 6% done)
~CMS (Custom Menu System, 5% done (only main layout is done, and even then I must make the Pokémon and basic menu layouts)
~CNS (Custom Naming System, 5% done)
~CMS (100% done, uses custom textboxes)
~Pokemon Generating System (35% done, must do it for the other 5 slots)
~Walking/Running System (Name says it all, 100% done)

POKeMON GENERATING SYSTEM
Spoiler:

Features (confirmed):
~CSS (Custom Shop System, 0% done)​

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:

THE HEROES:

gGb92.png
UFgkI.png

If you're a Boy the Girl is Jill;
If you're a
Girl the Boy is Frankie;

THE RIVAL:
[to be revealed]

THE PROFESSOR(S):
Spoiler:

THE EVIL TEAMS:

Spoiler:

THE REGION:
Spoiler:

What I need from YOU:
This is a big project, and with the advanced style project I'd like to use Kanto, Johto and Hoenn's Pokemon, and I'd like to be able to have double battles and all that other fancy stuff.

However!

That is a lot of data for me to be coding and inputting.
I'd have to input all 386 Pokemon's base stats, movesets. Not only that, I need to add abilities too. I also need custom sprites! So...

Positions needed:
~Data Inputter x1: Variables for base stats need to be filled. Lots of conditional branches that have to be done for the CBS and other stuff has to be put in. etc. etc. That's where you come in. PM me for more details!
~Additional Coder: I have mostly everything down, but I'm not sure how I'd go along with the evolution system, and the experience system. That and it's good to have some support on your side!
~Spriter(s): I'm no spriter, and the Frankie and Jill sprites weren't made by me, but posted onto a forum for everyone to use. As such they didn't have the Running, Surfing, Bicycling or Pokeball use sprites. If you can make these sprites in Gen 3 style, that'd be appreciated. I also need Gym Leader sprites (more on this later, it's getting late...)

More positions will be posted as needed.

Credits:
Funnybunny: For inspiring to make this game and for his tilesets
RM2k3Kid: Charsets and more tilesets
Arnou (from another forum)
NikNaks: For making the region map
Thank you for looking at my thread!

Last edited:

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
Nice job. But your menu looks like the one used in Pokemon Raptor :/ Just with out the pokegear option and the background, with a changed bag mainly. Not saying you took it just saying it looks like it. But I like the character sprites very original :D

Skystrike

Years
Nice job. But your menu looks like the one used in Pokemon Raptor :/ Just with out the pokegear option and the background, with a changed bag mainly. Not saying you took it just saying it looks like it. But I like the character sprites very original :D
Well, I admit, I was going to originally going to make it look like Raptor's...then I got inspiration from other places and there you go :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
I think he's referring to DynRPG : link
It adds extra functionality and plugins to RM2K3.
By the way, nice game!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is already a game that has the name Pokemon Pure White. It already has a release.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Although i agree with daed, that it doesn't matter if the name is used or not.

that said, you have to think about the scenerio, where someone asks the name of the game, and you say "Pokemon: Pure White" and they google that.

are they gonna find your game, or the other game?
just some food for thought.

Skystrike

Years
Hello people. I plan on updating the battle system to D/P/Pt/HG/SS styled, and I also plan to maybe update the graphic style to that kind of style too. I may move to essentials, but that's probably not going to happen. Either way, I need a spriter to make my trainer's sprites into 4th gen styled. Their trainer sprites are based off of PT Lucas and Dawn, so I need the overworld sprites, back battle sprites and a few other sprites based on them too.

Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
The red text in your topic makes it really difficult to read. I couldn't go through all of it...

However the map look absolutely huge, and the scripting is a nice change from all the actor methods I've seen floating around.

I'm sorry I can't say more about this, but I found it particularly taxing to look over the post, please consider using black instead of red, and don't use bold except where necessary. There's no reason to attempt to attract extra attention to your post, it's at the top of the thread!

Skystrike

Years
tbh actor method sucks...and I'm using a different theme right now (PokeBo[o]k)
ALSO!

UPDATE!
That's right, an UPDATE!
Now, I will assure you, this game isn't dead! Between life and other projects, I've been too busy to work on the engine. Though, for a couple of days now, I've been thinking: why not use game maker! Now some of you wisemouths will say "Game Maker + RPG = Disaster." Well people have done it before and are still doing it. Right now I'm using a few examples to guide me along with my own coding ;) But! I have something to ask:

Is there any great Game Maker experienced people out there that aren't taken already?
Probably not. But! If there is, I'd like you to be proficient in GML and (maybe) be an avid Pokemon fan (not likely). Just popping in to say that this isn't dead! :P

Skystrike

Years
UPDATE! Still chugging along on this. Things get rough and it's still a long way to go. Here's what's finished:

• Walking
  • Running
  • Biking
  • Surfing
  • PGS (Pokemon Generation System)
  • Going to other maps
  • Talking to NPCs
I'll be attempting the menu soon. I'm also working on a few other games, so...yeah I'm a busy person :P

Back