• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
One of the Mega evolutions I am probably most excited for is Mega Kangaskhan.. I mean, it really shocked me when I saw the baby finally come out of its pouch! It's caused me to grow curious on how the baby would work in battle in its mega forme.

blue

gucci
Years
I've been pretty excited for the best part of 2013, we've waited almost 8 months and now we're just two weeks away! Time has certainly flown and I'm definitely ready and prepared with my team to venture through Kalos and start a brand new journey! ;)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Gods, I've been pretty excited about these games for a while now! There's much content in the games that I'm especially excited for, especially the customization, and the battle scenarios. Who knows; there's still outta be a lot more pokemon still to be discovered. :3

I'm still debating whether to start out with Chespin or Fennekin, which I always decide before I actually choose my pokemon, hehe.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Wooo X&Y's coming up really, really soon! :D I remember when it was a long 6 months till release date and now look, only 12 more days to go! Time does pass in a blink of an eye~ I'm really looking forward to this incredible moment. I sadly can't do anything about it as I don't own an 3DS, so getting a copy won't help much. Still excited though! n_n

Typhon

'sup
Years
I can't wait! All these new features... just thinking abut them makes me happy. Especially the character customization, it's great that you can actually make your character look different. It's good since in the previous games, everyone looked the same. But now we can have unique designs, I'm hyped! ^^

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
It's a shame I won't be getting it on release day and rather probably won't even own a 3DS till next year. It's the broke lyfestyle yo :c

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
I got my red X&Y 3ds xl and pre ordered X. The giant poster of the new region got me even more excited, i cant wait. The landmarks look awesome!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I'm planning to get both games, since I can't choose between one of them. Pokemon X has Clauncher and Swirlix, who are better than their Y exclusive counterparts IMO. However, I want to choose Froakie as my starter, and its typing may clash with that of Clauncher.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Oh well, in my case, the October 12th is a very, very long awaited day. I've wanted to have my own game boy with my own Pokémon game, ever since I got in elementary school (2002), during the Poké Mania in my country.
I did manage to borrow a game boy color with Pokémon Gold, but it wouldn't keep the save files, so I always had to leave it on. Still, it would just turn itself off after some hours, so yeah, I slept in fear of waking up and looking at an empty screen. In that case, I would just cry for 5 minutes and start over and over again (that went on for like a month actually xD).
Anyway, at that time, my parents supposedly weren't in condition to spend money on games (but it was pretty cheap, so I still don't agree with my parents on that one nowadays), so I kind of was forced to forget about Pokémon, and I did... until I got my first (and current) computer with access to the internet and found out that it was possible to play Pokémon in the pc(that was like 5 years ago)! So, yeah, I did play every single Pokémon game, including a lot of hacks.
Still, I think you guys understand that playing it alone in your computer isn't nearly as fun and goals like completing the Pokédex or training your Pokémon as best as possible are pretty pointless.
But why am I now finally getting my own console with my own Pokémon game? Well, my family isn't better on money, it's actually a lot worse, however I've managed to earn quite a lot of money from school (~2100€ in the last 2 years). Almost all of it went to my dentist, but now that I'm 17 I have a bit more authority, enough to keep for myself just the amount of money for a 3DS + Pokémon Y.

tl;dr While most of you guys have been waiting for the October 12th for 10 months, I've been waiting for it since I was 6, 11 years ago, so yeah, I'm pretty f***ing excited!

Years
The problem with me getting both X and Y though is that I have a tendency to favor one version over the other, which was why I stopped getting both games when Black/White and Black 2/White 2 came out. But that may change if I have some money and get bored of Y around Christmastime :P

blue

gucci
Years
I plan on getting Pokémon X on 12th October and then Pokémon Y either on my birthday or Christmas, either way I'll get both of them eventually.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
I never really understood why I would bother getting both versions, so I'm going with Y due to me liking it's exclusives more. Unless there is a huge difference between the two versions, I will wait for a third 'Director's Cut' version.

Years
My three friends pre-ordered Y for my 20th birthday earlier in September, so I'm pretty damn excited because now I don't have to worry about setting money aside for the release. Can't wait, I'll probably be playing it this time two weeks from now :D

I hadn't considered getting both, I probably won't though. It'd be handy to store things and stuff/play through the story a couple of times, but I'll settle with Y for now :)

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I'm glad I got my 3ds two years ago, because I knew this day would come sometime lol

I'm going to start with X, but will inevitably get Y in time

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Seriously, the year went by so fast. I was expecting the wait to be very long, but it flew by quickly.

I pre-ordered X around 2 or 3 weeks ago. I was waiting until they revealed more version differences, but unlike Black and White, they're pretty much the same. I have planned half of my team, and I'll form the other half as I play:

-Chespin
-Helioptile
-Amaura

I'm very excited about customization! I just hope we can have tons of options from the start. I was planning to draw all of the new Pokémon, but I only have 17 out of (aprox.) 40...And I don't think I can draw 33 more Pokémon until the release. But I'm happy with the ones I was able to draw!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I'm happy that X and Y will be released soon, not to mention that I have finally getting a 3DS XL. I hope I can get it soon, even though I'm unsure if I'll buy it when it launches at October 12nd (or even getting it when entering a certain contest somewhere), but still, I can't wait.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
I have a question. What are you guys saying its 11 days til X and Y, but my friends and I are saying its 10 days away. Why are you counting the release day, when in all reality you shouldn't.

On a side not I can't contain my hype for the games any longer. I just want my Water types.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think Japan and Asia are getting X and Y faster due to timezones. Sadly, that means the other side have to wait a little longer...

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I have a question. What are you guys saying its 11 days til X and Y, but my friends and I are saying its 10 days away. Why are you counting the release day, when in all reality you shouldn't.

On a side not I can't contain my hype for the games any longer. I just want my Water types.

There is 10 days, not counting the remainder of today, or launch day itself.

Years
I still wish I didn't have to fork out so much money for a 3DS. Still not sure I can justify the paying that price tag. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back