• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Kingdom Hearts Challenge

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
You are the chosen one...You will open the Door. Embark on a new adventure as one of the main characters of Kingdom Hearts. Travel all across the region, collecting the Badges of the Heart to reach the World that never was...also known as the Pokemon League. There, the forces of Evil named E4, a predecessor to the Organization XII, will unite their forces to stop you. Your travels might be hard, battles might seem impossible...but with your Pokemon by your side, you just might make it.

Now go Chosen One...go and open the Door!!

First of all, its important to know as what Character you will be playing! To find out, click this link to take a very short personality test: *KH Character Test!* Now that you have found out who you are playing as, here are the rules:​

Types: Types you may use on your Team.
Excluded: Types that cant be on you team at all!
Extra: Special Rules/Additions you have to follow.
Example: If you can use Fighting types, but not Dark, you wouldnt be allowed to use Scrafty!

Sora
Types:
normal.gif
fighting.gif
water.gif
flying.gif
fairy.gif

Excluded:
dark.gif
ghost.gif
poison.gif

Extra: You may use one of Donalds or Goofys Types as well!*​

Donald
Types:
fire.gif
ice.gif
electric.gif
psychic.gif

Excluded:
fighting.gif
steel.gif
rock.gif

Extra: You may use
dark.gif
after 3 Badges and
grass.gif
after 6!

Goofy
Types:
steel.gif
ground.gif
rock.gif
bug.gif

Excluded:
psychic.gif
water.gif
grass.gif

Extra: You may use one Pokemon of any type, as long as its highest base stat is DEF/SP. DEF!

Riku
Types:
fighting.gif
water.gif
dark.gif
dragon.gif

Excluded:
electric.gif
grass.gif
ghost.gif

Extra: Your Pokemons 4 moves must each have a different type

Kairi
Types:
grass.gif
normal.gif
bug.gif
water.gif
fairy.gif

Excluded:
dark.gif
fighting.gif
ground.gif

Extra: All your Pokemon must know at least 1 status move

Xemnas
Types:
dark.gif
ghost.gif
poison.gif
dragon.gif
psychic.gif

Excluded:
water.gif
bug.gif
grass.gif
fairy.gif

Extra: All your Pokemon must know at least 1 stat raising or status inducing move!

Mickey
Types:
flying.gif
ice.gif
steel.gif
psychic.gif
fairy.gif

Excluded:
poison.gif
dragon.gif
rock.gif

Extra: You may use one Pokemon of any type, as long as its highest base stat is ATT/SP. ATT!

Aqua
Types:
water.gif
ice.gif
fire.gif
electric.gif

Excluded:
dragon.gif
rock.gif
ground.gif

Extra: Every time you defeat an odd-numbered gym, you may use one of Terra's types until the next odd-numbered gym, where you pick a different one of Terra's types and abandon the other type until you've used all of Terra's types. Same with Ventus, but with even-numbered gyms.*

Ventus
Types:
steel.gif
fairy.gif
flying.gif
fire.gif

Excluded:
dark.gif
ghost.gif
poison.gif

Extra: Every time you defeat an odd-numbered gym, you may use one of Terra's types until the next odd-numbered gym, where you pick a different one of Terra's types and abandon the other type until you've use all of Terra's types. Same with Aqua, but with even-numbered gyms.*

Terra
Types:
ground.gif
dragon.gif
rock.gif
dark.gif

Excluded:
normal.gif
fairy.gif
psychic.gif

Extra: Every time you defeat an odd-numbered gym, you may use one of Ventus's types until the next odd-numbered gym, where you pick a different one of Ventus's types and abandon the other type until you've used all of Ventus's types. Same with Aqua, but with even-numbered gyms.*

*Types from other characters can be used EVEN IF that type is excluded for your character.

General Rules
1) You may not hack, trade, or Pokebank UNLESS:
2) If you cant catch a Pokemon that matches your typings before the 2nd Badge, you may hack/trade/Pokebank one that does.
3) Any hacked/traded/Pokebank'd Pokemon can't have any special IVs or Natures or be competitively bred in any way, to keep it from breaking the point of the challenge.
4) Until you can catch a Pokemon of your typing, use your starter.
5) HM slaves are allowed if necessary, but can not be used for anything except said HMs.
6) The following Pokemon are banned: Here
UNLESS you are Sora, Riku, Mickey, Xemnas, or Aqua, in which case you may pick ONE of those Pokemon to use in your team.
7) Ultimates are not only allowed, but encouraged. Play through four or more regions with the same character.
8) Any game is usable for the KH Challenge. Hacks are allowed too, but hacks that create entirely new regions are not usable for Ultimates.
9) Not impressed enough to do a second run? Try the Reloaded Challenge, with new team and typing limits!

The challenge ends...
RBYFRLG: When you defeat your rival, the Champion
GSCHGSS: When you defeat Red on Mt. Silver
RSE: When you defeat Steven (Champion in RS, Meteor Falls in E)
DPPt: When you defeat Cynthia, the Champion
BW: When you defeat Alder, the Champion
B2W2: When you defeat Iris, the Champion
XY: When you defeat Diantha, the Champion

Sign-Up Format
Game:
Character:

Reloaded Challenge!
Finished the Game and longing for more?? Join the Reloaded Challenge!!
After beating the evil forces and unlocking Kingdom Hearts, you are able to use forms!
Here are the rules on how to build you team for the upcoming challenge:
Spoiler:

Challengers
Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers

Challengers Reloaded

Champions
Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions

Good Luck and have Fun people!!

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
This is epic. Count me in!
Game: Platinum
Character: Sora

And a question; could I use a starter as one of my types? Or do I have to catch all of them?

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Funny I should find this topic while a Kingdom Hearts song is playing!

Game: Pokemon Diamond
Character: Mickey Mouse

Unfortunately, I still have White to finish... and company coming this weekend, so I cna't start for a few days at the earliest!

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Suggestions for other characters... (might do this in Emerald or Platinum later)

Terra
Types: Ground, Dragon, Rock, Dark, Steel, Ghost, Fighting, Poison, Bug
Exclude: Normal, Fairy, Psychic, Flying
Extra: Every Pokemon must have a Physical STAB for each type it has

Ventus:
Types: Steel, Fairy, Flying, Fire, Grass, Psychic, Electric, Normal
Exclude: Dark, Ghost, Poison, Dragon, Bug, Ice
Extra: Speed is a preferred highest stat

Aqua:
Types: Water, Ice, Fire, Electric, Grass, Fairy, Psychic, Flying, Normal
Exclude: Dragon, Rock, Ground, Poison, Steel, Ghost, Bug, Fighting, Dark
Extra: A Special Stab for each type in team required

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
This is epic. Count me in!
Game: Platinum

And a question; could I use a starter as one of my types? Or do I have to catch all of them?

Yes, you can of course use your starter as a type!!

Funny I should find this topic while a Kingdom Hearts song is playing!

Game: Pokemon Diamond
Character: Mickey Mouse

Unfortunately, I still have White to finish... and company coming this weekend, so I cna't start for a few days at the earliest!

Dont worry about it, you'll get to it whenever you can!

Suggestions for other characters... (might do this in Emerald or Platinum later)

Terra
Types: Ground, Dragon, Rock, Dark, Steel, Ghost, Fighting, Poison
Exclude: Normal, Fairy, Psychic, Flying
Extra: Every Pokemon must have a Physical STAB for each type it has

Ventus:
Types: Steel, Fairy, Flying, Fire, Grass, Psychic, Electric, Normal
Exclude: Dark, Ghost, Poison, Dragon, Bug, Ice
Extra: Speed is a preferred highest stat

Aqua:
Types: Water, Ice, Fire, Electric, Grass, Fairy, Psychic, Flying, Normal
Exclude: Dragon, Rock, Ground, Poison, Steel, Ghost, Bug, Fighting, Dark
Extra: A Special Stab for each type in team required

Thanks for the ideas, i might add them later on :D

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
First update for me. (Nothing to drastic)

Received my starter (piplup) and nick nenes it Sora. I beat my rival, obtained the dex and am now training Kairi (my female starly) I just caught. Going to train up to level 10 while on my way to jubilife city and maybe catch a new member.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Kingdom Hearts Challenge: Pokémon X
Update 1 - A New Beginning

I began the game, naming my character Riku for the heck of it. After being rudely awakened by a Fletchling, I headed downstairs, then was ordered by my mom to change out of my pajamas. So I went back upstairs and did just that. After going back downstairs, my mom told me to go outside and say hello to our new neighbors, as we just moved to Vanville Town. Two girls were waiting outside my door. They welcomed me, introduced themselves, and found out that the Professor had requested for me. Wait, what? I just moved here! I soon found out that I was going to get a Pokémon, and to head over to the next town.

After crossing a short Route 1, I arrived at Aquacorde Town. Serena called to me from a table, and I headed over there, discovering that two boys were with them. She introduced me to everyone, and vice versa. They kept arguing over nicknames for me, but I told them to just call me Riku. According to Shauna, "it fits me perfectly". Tierno, one of the boys, then brought out a case with three Poke Balls. I chose the one with a Froakie inside and nicknamed it Shuriken. (what? the thing's gonna evolve into a ninja) Shauna picked Fennekin, and Serena chose Chespin. Trevor gave me a Pokedex. I received a letter and ran back to Vanville to deliver it to my mother. But first, I was challenged to a battle by Shauna and her cute little Fennekin. Shuriken creamed her and leveled up. She healed him, which actually was pointless. I finally completed my task and got the letter to my mom, who gave me a map of Kalos. Our Rhyhorn woke up from it's map and roared at me, but I continued back to Aquacorde, and proceeded to Route 2, where I raised Shuriken to Level 8. I then met up with Serena and Shauna, who taught me how to catch Pokémon (SERENA HAS 50 POKE BALLS!!!), then gave me Poke Balls. I ran into the forest, but Youngster Austin battled me first. Shuriken defeated him easily. Shauna decided to walk with me through the forest. I saved for the day.
656.png

Shuriken (Froakie) - Level 8
13/14/16/13/18
23/23 HP

-Pound
-Growl
-Quick Attack
-Bubble​

AlexiaRose

♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫
Years
I got Sora. You said as an extra you can use one of Donald's and Goofy's type. I was wondering if I could, even though Dark is on the exclusion list, use Dark type after badge three which is Donald's extra, but would still count as his type? I dunno. I'm sorry if this confusing. I just wanna use an Absol, lol.

If it's a no, if I choose Ice, can I catch an Eevee and then trade it to a completed game, evolve it to a Glaceon, and trade it back?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I WON'T BE ABLE TO DO IT IMMEDIATELY I need to find my Firered first but

Game: Firered

I already know that I am probably going to see about using a Psychic type from Donald because of reasons that will go over the heads of all of you hee. ♥

Also question: I can have multiple Pokemon of the same type if I want yes? Like if I wanted to (I probably won't because wow disadvantages) I could have like... Pidgeot, Gyarados, and Blastoise?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I was wondering if I could, even though Dark is on the exclusion list, use Dark type after badge three which is Donald's extra

If it's a no, if I choose Ice, can I catch an Eevee and then trade it to a completed game, evolve it to a Glaceon, and trade it back?

Im sorry but since Dark is excluded for Sora, you cant use Donalds Dark Type. Ice as fine though, and you can trade it to another game and back!

Also question: I can have multiple Pokemon of the same type if I want yes? Like if I wanted to (I probably won't because wow disadvantages) I could have like... Pidgeot, Gyarados, and Blastoise?

Yes, you may use more than one Pokemon of the same type, its all up to you ;)

Years
Game: FireRed Generations
Character: Donald

Also, a quick question: Are any Pokemon that aren't any of the types in the excluded list allowed to be used if at least one of their types is in the types list (e.g. one of Donald's types is Ice, so would I be allowed to use, say, Dewgong)?

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Are any Pokemon that aren't any of the types in the excluded list allowed to be used if at least one of their types is in the types list (e.g. one of Donald's types is Ice, so would I be allowed to use, say, Dewgong)?

Yes of course! You may use any Pokemon as long as one of its types is allowed

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Pokemon X - Kingdom Hearts Challenge Update

Journey started with Fennekin as my Starter.
Caught Pikachu.
Chose Charmander as my Second Starter.

Plan: Attempt to catch an Abra soon. Also catch an Eevee to evolve into Glaceon.

(Since I don't have another game to trade to evolve to, apparently theres a spot in X to evolve into Glaceon. is it okay to leave it as eevee until I get there? I'll just leave it in party until I get there.)​

Back