• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Close, but no cigar. What I'm looking for is definitely similar to the example you presented "when Norman is telling you you need more badges". Let's take it one step before, when you first start talking to Norman, and then Wally barges in. What I'm trying to control is him actually walking in, not when he starts talking. Him taking steps, can I edit that?
yes. that's a simple part of scripting. :3

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I don't personally know how, but there is a whole discussion about the specific matter in the Research and Development subforum. Sorry, but I can't post links yet, but I guess it's pretty obvious if you look into it.

EDIT: I now can. Here's the thread.

Most definitely, and there is information on it in the Research & Developement Section.

Why thank you guys. With that under my belt, I can kick this much more butt! (About 3 inch more butt)

Tannecho51

Pokemon Lion's Eye
Years
How does the naming special work in Ruby, if you're trying to give a pokemon to a party that doesn't have any? Also, for some reason, when I use multiple showpokepic's, the first one has a messed up palette but the ones after it show up just fine.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
Is it possible to write a script that continues after you lose a battle in Pokemon Ruby? Something like trainerbattle 9 that continues after you win, but instead continues if you lose?

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Is it possible to write a script that continues after you lose a battle in Pokemon Ruby? Something like trainerbattle 9 that continues after you win, but instead continues if you lose?
yes this is possible using trainerbattle 9 actually
you start the script normally with the lock, facplayer stuff then you get to the next step

trainerbattle 0x09 0x01 $win $lose
$ win 1 = "Put down whatever the trainer will say if he/she loses"
$ lose 1 = "Put down whatever the trainer will say if he/she wins"

then continue the script normally as you would in any other battle

(note: these commands may be different whether your using XSE or just making a script in notepad)

does anyone know where i can find an INI for leaf green for the advanced pokemon sprite editor? ive searched all over and tried making it myself but cant

does anyone know where i can find an INI for leaf green for the advanced pokemon sprite editor? ive searched all over and tried making it myself but cant

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
yes this is possible using trainerbattle 9 actually
you start the script normally with the lock, facplayer stuff then you get to the next step

trainerbattle 0x09 0x01 $win $lose
$ win 1 = "Put down whatever the trainer will say if he/she loses"
$ lose 1 = "Put down whatever the trainer will say if he/she wins"

then continue the script normally as you would in any other battle

(note: these commands may be different whether your using XSE or just making a script in notepad)

Sorry, but this is not true. You can't have a trainerbattle 0x9 because it simply won't work right.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Not entirely certain if this counts as a 'simple' question or not... but here goes. I am in the middle of a hack, but I've reached a bit of a stumbling block when it comes to the music. Quite frankly, I haven't a clue where to begin. What I'm HOPING to do is take sound bytes from a DS game unrelated to Pokemon and somehow convert them so that they can be played on the GBA. However, here are my questions:

1. How do you rip sound from a DS game? I've tried using NDSSNDEXT and I couldn't get it to work.

2. Will I need to convert files before I place them in the GBA rom?

3. If 2 is yes, how?

4. Once they're converted, what's the best tool for inserting the sound files?

(By the way, when I say I want to replace sound, I'd like to replace Pokemon cries, attack sounds, and route/town/battle music.)

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
I need help with YAPE. I made a fakemon and its supposed to evolve into another fakemon, but it just stops. Can you help?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I need help with YAPE. I made a fakemon and its supposed to evolve into another fakemon, but it just stops. Can you help?
Can you be more specific? Did you add the evolution to your Fakemon using YAPE? And if you tested to see if it works did it freeze? Be a bit more specific so we can help. :X

Equin

Got it memorized?
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
He needn't be any more specific. I guess after some searching, the answer is simple. You just made your fake pokemon out of a slot from the pokemon that are available after you get the National Pokedex, in the original ROM.

From what I've seen, it seems that until you receive the National Pokedex, pokemon entitled to it will not evolve, but stop. I assume that this was created to prevent trading abuses or something...anyway, to make the specific fake pokemon evolve correctly, either base it off a pokemon from the original pokedex entry list or have the National pokedex activated via script ingame.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
Just wondering, how exactly does Spinda work? You know how it's pattern changes? Yeah, I need to know how exactly that works, as I'm replacing it with a Pokemon that has a similar ability.

Just bumping this for the new page...

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I know...I mean how it works as in; How does it work? How would I edit it correctly? How does it change the sprites? Where are the sprites stored? I don't want to run into a giant cow that turns out to be a Panda with spots, or a giant cow with spots from spinda all over the place.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I know...I mean how it works as in; How does it work? How would I edit it correctly? How does it change the sprites? Where are the sprites stored? I don't want to run into a giant cow that turns out to be a Panda with spots, or a giant cow with spots from spinda all over the place.
I think the color the Spinda has (a.k.a. the tan-ish body and everything that color) will get the random spots and such. I THINK.
Spr_3r_327.png

TheQuagsireFactor

TheQuagsMaster5000
Years
Soooo this is probably a ridiculously simple question, but then again, to say I'm a beginner at hacking/editing is a gross understatement.

Anyway, when I import my Ruby ROM into A-Text, it only displays the scripts until route 101. This includes;

The title menu
Continue menu
Options menu
Text speed option
Battle style option
Battle scene option
Sound option
Frame option
Internal battery notice
Prof. Birch's intro
In truck
Outside truck
Inside House
Littleroot Signs
Littleroot People
Littleroot House
Route 101

All towns, routes, and other areas after that do not appear. I know that if I wanted to search every single other dialogue I could, but I don't think there is a single person on God's green earth who would have the time to do that, including me. I've played the game passed route 101, and it works, but still the problem persists. Any ideas?

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2012
and yet another question..

Say, you wanted to remake the game completely. You'd have to rescript it, right?

Equin

Got it memorized?
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
interes
Thankyou! You were a great help!
No problem, if I really helped, I feel the same way.
Soooo this is probably a ridiculously simple question [...]
Tried using a different Ruby ROM?

and yet another question..

Say, you wanted to remake the game completely. You'd have to rescript it, right?
Define 'remake'. If by that you mean 'start from scratch' then yes, that would include rescripting everything. But completely remaking a game isn't exactly fit for ROM Hacking, right? I mean, so far no one has done it. Alternatively, Game Development might be closer to your desire, as you technically don't have a ROM to mod and "remake". (although there might be some set configurations you have to follow)

Anyhow, if this also interests you, rescripting everything would mean that you must free a lot of taken space first, and I also would like to know how that can happen.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
Problem I'm having with trainerbattle 0x09 in fire red is that it won't continue after a loss. I know it should though because the one in the oak tutorial does. Is there anything I should know about this? I'm using poket script btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back