• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I think too much :3

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Personally I know that I do xD But, this topic isn't about me :O Do you people think that you think too much that you forget to speak? Or do you think that you don't think enough and keep saying stupid things? :P

Like I said. I think way too much @-@ I'll come up with a great answer or something, but I'll never say it. And I keep screwing up when I bowl because I think too hard about which steps I'm supposed to make in order to hit the pins >.< It's hard for me to just be "natural." I often have to think about how I think I should act ;.;

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I find myself lost in thought, probably more than I actually should be. I shouldn't think about half the things I do, so I always scold myself for doing it. Some days I think a lot, others I don't. Some days I can't do my Algebra 2 because I'm too lost in though. When I smoke weed, I tend to think and imagine more. So I probably SHOULDN'T go to school baked off my mind, but I do anyway. Just like you, I'll be thinking too much on occasion and then miss my opportunity to do something.

When I'm high, I think of the weirdest things. Random images just flashing through my head, a lot of them are actually funny. I guess I've resorted to having to entertain myself, and the switch for that is on a subconscious level, so I can't switch 'em off. My brain will wander if I let it.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I think WAY too much. Sometimes it'll just be a random thought, and sometimes it'll be associated with a topic that was just heard, seen or otherwise acknowledged. Most of the time it's the second, but my own thoughts will expand on each other and draw from thoughts in storage. x_x The bad part is when I get a really detailed thought, it'll pop up as an image in my head and occasionally scar my brain. (Sadly, photographic memories are how I normally think, so if I imagine just speaking, it'll pop up like words passing by my eyes.)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I overthink a lot of things, like how to solve problems on a math test. When I overthink about how to solve a problem, I get frustrated, and that makes it harder for me to solve said problem.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
There's no such thing as thinking too much. Thinking is all you have.

I used to not think at all and say really stupid sht sometimes, but not anymore thankfully lol. I think much more now and don't say as much, and when I'm in class for example I'll think of the answer but never raise my hand. And I think like a lot of people, I overthink certain things lol. But I don't think there's such a thing as thinking too much.

Centiflora X

Thread Killer
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2011
There are people who accuse me of thinking too much, too far and so on. But to people who do not think of themselves as good at explaining, my ability to extrapolate from a few scant statements is a godsend.

Maybe there's no such thing as overthinking.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
There are people who accuse me of thinking too much, too far and so on. But to people who do not think of themselves as good at explaining, my ability to extrapolate from a few scant statements is a godsend.

Maybe there's no such thing as overthinking.
You know, maybe we should think on this for a while. >_>

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Not to the point where I forget to speak when I've thought of something to say. I'm kind of arrogant in the way that if I find something I'm thinking absolutely brilliant, it's very important that I let it out for the world to hear! But I do find myself losing myself in my own thoughts a lot of the time. I'm a daydreamer of sort. I also overanalyze questions and interpret them metaphorically much more than I do face-value, which is terrible of me because it affects me negatively on tests and things like that.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
It's happened to me a few times. I wasn't thinking anything important, so that it would drain me completely, but rather fantasizing about something.

When I'm all alone, I can seep into thinking just about everything, though.

Years
I certainly think too much. I'm always thinking without getting outside opinions and my thoughts go off in weird directions because, well, I think strange thoughts. I end up saying things that I don't really understand, or mean exactly, because I've only had myself to give me feedback.

Years
It can be easy to jump to conclusions when you're left alone with your thoughts far too much, and I find that it could really alienate you from friends and family—which is why I try to keep as open a mind as possible. When it comes to anything personal, there are times when I'd be sitting on a chair just playing devil's advocate with my thoughts, because I know that if I just keep assuming and letting my mind wander...it would eventually lead to me going out on a fool's errand and even upsetting somebody because I let myself get too detracted from reality. If I'm thinking about somebody, I would try to look at things from their point of view as well as mine, and just come to a conclusion that way.

But when it boils down to just aimless stuff, I often wonder a lot about what I'm going to have for lunch.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Yeah, I tend to think too much. Part of me wants to speak more, but another part of me just doesn't want to get embarrassed if I don't understand an issue or get some stuff mixed up with other stuff (which is why I don't post in Other Chat all that much, well... and the occasional toxic atmosphere).

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2011
I think to much.
Sometimes when someone is talking to me there's a a small moment of silence and then i start talking.

Young4Ever

No need to be bitter,is there?
Years
I think,re-think,tri-think and think again before ... doin' the stuff I thought it would lead to the worst result T.TT
Gotta fight 'em demons TT.T

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
If I have a good answer, and a good opinion, well at least imo, I'll say it, otherwise I tend to keep my mouth shut.

Years
Yes, I do tend to overthink too much, sometimes to the point where I begin doubting and second-guessing myself. Even in typing this response, I was overthinking what exactly I should put, even when I really shouldn't have to.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I won't think so much that I actually completely forget to talk lol. I do say a lot of stupid things because I didn't think through what I was about to say first, but that's just in quick conversation. Outside of that yeah I do think quite a bit, but it's not normally about anything particularly ~deep~ or whatever, it's just about whatever happens to cross my mind and gets stuck there.

I don't really see how you can think too much, though, as long as you don't end up doing anything stupid because you thought about something for ages and blew it way out of proportion.

Ayselipera

I do think a lot, but not to the point where I won't speak. I just will over think things to the point where I turn a small insignificant problem to something huge with a thousand different terrible possibilities. I really just don't know why I do it to myself! Everyone always tells me too that I'm such a great problem solver. Which I think can be true when it comes to other people's problems because the answer is always so clear to me. For myself though it's just a mess.

Back