• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

jrevm30

Trigesimo->"The Thirtieth"
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
if we were to say that lapras does get it's evolution, i think it'll resemble the Lock Ness monster.

I know this has a small chance of happening but i hope they make an evolution for the three Simis, i'd love to have a fire-type gorilla in my team!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How about a Spiritomb evolution? It could evolve into a large sinister looking ghost with red eyes and red claws that look like it may have used them on someone recently.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Aw okay now, that makes way more sense :D
I really like the idea tbh, i'd love there to be an electric monkey!!

Although a fourth member of the monkey trio to represent "Do No Evil" would sound good, the only problem is that it'll be out of place for the other theme the monkey trio has it going: the ingredients of tea. An electric or ice type monkey wouldn't fit too well with the tea theme, making the chances of getting a fourth elemental monkey slim.

Years
Although a fourth member of the monkey trio to represent "Do No Evil" would sound good, the only problem is that it'll be out of place for the other theme the monkey trio has it going: the ingredients of tea. An electric or ice type monkey wouldn't fit too well with the tea theme, making the chances of getting a fourth elemental monkey slim.
I forgot about the tea theme.Well there's cold tea, so I guess ice could work...electricity...it'll only make sense if someone is using electricity to warm it up.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
As far as Maractus goes, I don't feel like it needs an evolution. Then again, I thought it was silly to have ANOTHER cactus Pokémon to begin with. I mean if it got one I definitely wouldn't be upset, but I can't visualize it. Cacnea had room for growth and it made sense that it evolved, but Maractus is already rather large as it is. Would it just be a super-adorable giant cactus?

Yeah…if Generation V hadn't forbidden any of its new Pokémon from having evolutionary links to Pokémon from past generations, it would have been obvious to make Maractus into an alternate evolution for Cacnea as opposed to Cacturne in my opinion because of how different their design aesthetics are.

I Want A Girafarig Evolutoin!!!!!!!

I'd prefer if Girafarig got the Roselia treatment, thank you very much.

…I've been thinking of something like a Manectric evo. Maybe that's going too far? The reason I'm saying this is that, in the metagame where everything is becoming more power/speed oriented(mostly), it's going to be more and more difficult for Pokemon who were once known as good threats in the metagame or keep up. I would love for this guy to have some sort of chance competitively, even if it's not in the higher tiers. If possible, I'd like for Gamefreak to possibly expand on its moveset as well, it seems pretty unnecessary **** poor, though the ability to learn flamethrower is a plus, something you don't see everyday in an electric-type.

Maybe its evolution's type can be Electric/Dark? I mean, I'm unsure about how Dark is as a type offensively, but it just seems like a Dark type to me. Then again, I'm sure that would be adding more weaknesses onto it than necessary...

I'd agree with either that or an Electrike pre-evolution, but that's just me saying that the big guy's kind of large to fit inside an egg…
I mean we might even get LEGENDARY PRE-EVOS! Such as Articuno. :3

The only reason that truly legendary Pokémon might become part of new evolution chains might come up if these evolutions could only occur inside event areas. Even if that were possible, however, I wouldn't bet on past legendaries being grandfathered in to this functionality's user pool even though it would be cool if they were.

P.S.: I'll get back to you on your post, XanderO, but I'm still back on about page 29 or 30…

Last edited:

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Yeah…if Generation V hadn't forbidden any of its new Pokémon from having evolutionary links to Pokémon from past generations, it would have been obvious to make Maractus into an alternate evolution for Cacnea as opposed to Cacturne in my opinion because of how different their design aesthetics are.
I don't think every Pokemon based on the same thing should be linked, to be honest.
I'd prefer if Girafarig got the Roselia treatment, thank you very much.
...So you want a Girafarig evolution?
I'd agree with either that or an Electrike pre-evolution, but that's just me saying that the big guy's kind of large to fit inside an egg…
Big electric tiger would be cool.
The only reason that truly legendary Pokémon might become part of new evolution chains might come up if these evolutions could only occur inside event areas. Even if that were possible, however, I wouldn't bet on past legendaries being grandfathered in to this functionality's user pool even though it would be cool if they were.
I think it could happen given the right storyline.[/QUOTE]

Years
While I too doubt that'll happen it would be interesting to see a female only evolution of Gurrdurr that's a special fighter. Perhaps it could even gain an extra typing...like Psychic xD.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
There could be a fourth elemental monkey to represent the teapot XDDDDDDDdd...

Nah, they're also "wannabe starters" and there has never been a fourth real starter.

I think its more likely for them to get a Normal shared pre-evo than that.

Years
I think we all should know that...if anyone makes that mistake with it's typing and being based on a lizard then I feel bad for them.

I do hope Mawhile get's an evolution though.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
All they share is a color pattern, like a lot of pokemon do, don't get why someone would thing of a possible Mawile pre-evo? And the new pokes type more than disapproves that theory. Mawile can still get an evo, i always felt it was pretty much underappreciated

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If you look at both Elikiteru and Mawile they both have that triangle shape on their head. (you'll have to look at a back shot of mawile to see it)

Plus they both have black hands/feet.....plus they both have floppy ear like appendages.

I think it's just another Luvdisc/Alomomola scenario though.

blue

gucci
Years
I would've classed Elikiteru as a pre-evolution to Mawile since it does have many attributes to having an added prevo/evolution at a later date, but since it is an Electric type that would either mean it would lose it's electric type or Mawile would change to Electric/Dark or Electric/Steel which I don't see to be very likely.

Back