• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] A question about boulders?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I'm sorry if this is really simple, but I can't figure this out. In the 5th generation and onward, when the player comes across a hole for a boulder, they cannot cross it. The player must push a boulder down the hole to cross. I tried to mimic this with my boulders, but once I push the boulder down the hole, I still cannot cross. How should I go about this? I suppose the question is how can I turn the normally impassable boulder and hole into something passable when the boulder is pushed into it? Thank you very much for any help in advance.

Years
Make another page of the event that has the graphic of the hole with the boulder inside (graphic from the tileset I suggest) that is set as passable. That page is available only when the boulder is pushed in. (use Self Switches or Switches)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
Oh, sorry, I said something confusing. I cannot push the boulder into a hole because it is impassable. I wish to push the boulder down the normally impassable hole. Then the space that was previously impassable becomes passable.

Years
I suggest you to check the boulder position BEFORE the pushing (you must put the check on the boulder event itself, not on a parallel event). And in case it is near the hole and the player is facing towards the hole, you set the hole event THROUGH ON with SetMoveRoute. Not the easiest way but it works for sure.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
Yes, that works! I can walk over the filled hole. Thank you, rekman.

Back