• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit VX Ace

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
so things like trade and contests will eventually be included that would be great

guitargodd97

Video Game Creator
Years
After thinking about this starter kit, I have a qusetion, when we are customizing moves are we going to have to customize the animations with the presets on attack animations that come with VX Ace or are there going to be images included that we can used for customizing?

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Also, I might be wrong but I don't think you care about Pdev enough to give priority to PDev's member count above having the Ace kit in your possession.
Don't start flaming me if I'm wrong, but this is how I feel about your reply.

I'd love to know where this assumption comes from? I've been around pdev for a while I sometimes leave because chris is constantly changing the site or closing it. just cause I dont kiss ass like the rest of you guys doesn't mean I don't care.

I dont even use essentials, why would I want this kit? Especially when essentials is more complete than this obviously.

June 4th is rapidly approaching, so after that, i'll have a little more free time to work on this!

Good luck on RD and this CNG...

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Hope things are going well with the game and the kit :3 they both look good for a start!

naokichi

Dances with Dragonite
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
I'm pretty excited about this! I followed the #RMVX Starter Kit for a long time and was disappointed when the project halted.
I really hope to see this one flourish! :)

Years
Apologies for the lack of being online here, i'll remedy that soon.
In answer to your questions:

How much work has been done?
- Not much, i've been way for most of the weekend. I will get around to doing some shortly.

Will it have a Pokemon Following system?
- Absolutely, although this will be optional, and you'll be able to turn it off/on in the database as there is already a caterpillar system in VX Ace. All I need to do is tweak it to change the graphic to the first pokemon in your party.

Any more questions? Post them and i'll answer them :3

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
[SIZE="a"]Will this be able to support GIF images? Like animated battle sprites and title screens?[/SIZE]

Years
Possibly, I haven't looked into animated GIFs at all.
It's definitely something I could possibly add. Perhaps Luka will donate his GIF code, i'll ask him when he gets online :3

Years
A little yes.
I haven't been around much due to work/social life, so I apologise for that!
I've just done a little work cleaning up some code. I would expect a release in around 2 months, as a kind of base that you can start with.

Back