• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate BW Pack for Pokémon Essentials

Animated or static sprites?

• Animated (+ Looks better, - Large files)

Votes: 458 74.2%
  • Static (+ Smaller files, - Looks worse)

Votes: 159 25.8%

• Total voters

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
Magnificent work, magnificent sprites, and everything except the download link.

I think you should upload it to the Mediafire or some else sites which don't require to buy Premium account.

I would be truly grateful if you change the download link :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021

I think you should upload it to the Mediafire or some else sites which don't require to buy Premium account.

This site doesn't require a premium account and works like a charm.
Also, good job on the BW pack p-sign!

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
Lol could you tell my Google Chrome so because it keeps asking me for a Premium account with this:

Spoiler:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 14

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016

The same thing happened to me. Just make a free account on the site, and you can download it anyway, even though it says premium is needed

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
The download link is dead and won't work. I've registered and all that but it won't download because it says it is invalid.

Please can you submit a new link? Even if it is on mediafire or rapidshare.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I got you guys covered. c:

Download~

P-Sign, this is hosted on my site, so let me know if/when you want me to take it down. Just figured I'd bridge the gap so people aren't downloadless.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
Just woundering if enyone other then myself, is having this probelm.
When i install this pack to my game the pokemon gain no exp after battle.
i tried meny things to see if it was somthing eles but im sure it is this.

(thank you it is a great pack bythe way, just hopeing that i can get the exp to work.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Being that this pack doesn't modify the scripts at all, I can see no reason that owuld happen. It's worked just fine for me. o.o

P-Sign, I'm afraid the backsprite shiny numbering issue is still a, well, issue.
For instance, I have a Shiny Venonat, but it displays as a Shiny Parasect because Parasect's Shiny backsprite was mislabebled under Venonat's number, and Venonat under Venomoth's, and so on.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Just woundering if enyone other then myself, is having this probelm.
When i install this pack to my game the pokemon gain no exp after battle.
i tried meny things to see if it was somthing eles but im sure it is this.

(thank you it is a great pack bythe way, just hopeing that i can get the exp to work.

This might be related to a bug with pokemon essentials. It was posted in the report bugs and errors section, and got fixed. If you upgraded to version 8 before the bug was fixed thats probably your problem. changing the sprites could not effect something like exp.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Being that this pack doesn't modify the scripts at all, I can see no reason that owuld happen. It's worked just fine for me. o.o

P-Sign, I'm afraid the backsprite shiny numbering issue is still a, well, issue.
For instance, I have a Shiny Venonat, but it displays as a Shiny Parasect because Parasect's Shiny backsprite was mislabebled under Venonat's number, and Venonat under Venomoth's, and so on.
*Checks* Ah, I see. Looks like the backsprite of a Shiny Abra sneaked into my Batch processor. Will fix it tonight after dinner, so I guess it's up in three hours.

EDIT:
I contacted the host of my website and it's okay to host the pack there. I've got some difficulties with uploading it though so it isn't on there right now. I did fix the problem though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
I noticed in some of the other posts it was mentioned that some of the back sprites weren't positioned proply in battle because of the size of the gif or something. for example tepig, you can only see his ears.

I've tried repositioning them in the editor itself but after a couple i get this error and then loss the positions that ive changed
Spoiler:

i was wondering if there was an easier way to do this.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I noticed in some of the other posts it was mentioned that some of the back sprites weren't positioned proply in battle because of the size of the gif or something. for example tepig, you can only see his ears.

I've tried repositioning them in the editor itself but after a couple i get this error and then loss the positions that ive changed
Spoiler:

i was wondering if there was an easier way to do this.
The sprites are positioned and resized correctly for use with Essentials 7 and up so I don't think you have to do it ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
thanx p-sign, found the problem. i was useing a way old version of the pokemon.text. i found the updated version and it now works perfctly.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Nice work P-sign, I am wondering if you would make shiny overworlds, for all the pokemon.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I think I have shiny overworlds for all Gens 1-4, and I have normal overworlds for Gen 5. If someone wants to recolor them, I could provide them.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years
Hey Guys!

I was wondering if someone had this very same pack but with the STATIC versions of the sprites. I know it looks nice and all, but honestly to have a folder that's more than 200mb on just the pokemon is something i don't find attractive at all. I don't want to end up with a game that's over 1gb.

I downloaded the pack when it featured the resized static sprites, but lost it with my old PC :( Does anyone have it? P-Sign? anyone? The sprites are very pretty, but i don't need that extra weight the animation gives.

Thanks for this awesome contribution, btw, P-Sign!

Back