• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Huh, if everyone else is advertising, why not me ;) There are at least 2 spots open in echo; and you can either choose to start from the beginning (route 2) or in the current chapter (Pewter City). With some boosted levels and a few caught pokémon, of course.

It's been so long since I've been in a good journey roleplay, and yours are always great, but I'm already in more roleplays than I should be. ;w;

I've had another idea in mind lately.
I elaborated on it a bit in school today.
Let's just say it's some sort of Jekyll & Hyde story. More on that some other time, lol.

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
Years
Hello all. Formally, I was Blaziken15 and TheImmortalOne but I've made a new account. Anyways...

I had an idea for a RP but I haven't started developing it because I want to see if anybody would be interested. The basis of the RP is that Cresselia has been keeping peace in the Pokemon world until a group of Darkrai followers summon him to start a war on Cresselia and plunge the world into darkness. The roleplayers will then choose whether to be part of Cresselia's army or Darkrai's.

Thoughts? I know it needs a lot of development but that's the basic idea.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Hey everyone! Just thought I should introduce myself here because I have a feeling that I will be spending a majority of my time here. Anyway, I just wanted to know if there are any new RPs starting (preferably a trainer RP). I also want to know how many RPs I should join because I don't want to be in so many RPs tht I can't keep up ^_^ Thanks, i hope to start RPing soon

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
Years
Hey everyone! Just thought I should introduce myself here because I have a feeling that I will be spending a majority of my time here. Anyway, I just wanted to know if there are any new RPs starting (preferably a trainer RP). I also want to know how many RPs I should join because I don't want to be in so many RPs tht I can't keep up ^_^ Thanks, i hope to start RPing soon

Welcome to the RP Corner :)

If you're looking for a RP to start in, I'd suggest The Pokemon Trainer Academy. It is the usual starting RP for newer RPers. As far as joining a certain amount of RP's, I try to stick to one or two. But I'd say three would be a safe amount. However, since your just start (I'm assuming...) I'd stick to one for a little while. Just so you can get into the swing of things.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ Naku, cool. Don't overload yourself, no ;)

Hello all. Formally, I was Blaziken15 and TheImmortalOne but I've made a new account. Anyways...

I had an idea for a RP but I haven't started developing it because I want to see if anybody would be interested. The basis of the RP is that Cresselia has been keeping peace in the Pokemon world until a group of Darkrai followers summon him to start a war on Cresselia and plunge the world into darkness. The roleplayers will then choose whether to be part of Cresselia's army or Darkrai's.

Thoughts? I know it needs a lot of development but that's the basic idea.
Welcome back Blazi--- Theimm-- wait, I'll just keep calling you Blaziken if that is alright ;)

Welcome to the Roleplay Corner, then! Awesome that you dare to introduce yourself here, it's the best thing one can do when one is new to this place :3 Everyone here is fun and friendly so don't hesitate to ask if there is ever anything you wonder about this section of PokéCommunity.

I see you posted in echo already, that's a really good choice if you like to write a lot ^^ Or at least like to write. The length comes and goes depending on what mood you're in when you're typing up a post, at least that's how it is for me.

I'd recommend not joining more than 3 RPs at once. I know others also feel like 3 is a good limit. More than that, you begin having difficulties keeping track on your different characters and what they are doing. Less than that and you may have to wait a lot for others to post. But of course there are people who can manage 5 RPs at once, and others who never commit themselves to more than 1 RP at a time.

The starting pad for many members have been the RP called Pokémon Trainer Academy, run by PkmnTrainer Yellow. It is an easy place to get to know other RPers here and to get to play as a pokémon trainer in a very free environment while getting a lot of interaction in the IC thread.

Other RPs, like echo for instance, are more focused on writing a continuous story while following a Game Master's (GM) commands. Often these are journey RPs, but not always I guess.

And there are a lot of other RPs ranging from slice of life schooltimes to cartoon worlds to dark video games to realistic horror and superhero stories with a lot of plot and characters.

Actually, I'd recommend joining Atlantis Arising, no matter who you are. The GMs are wonderful and have an exciting plot thought out, and the premise is promising. Superheroes in a realistic enough version!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Actually, I'd recommend joining Atlantis Arising, no matter who you are. The GMs are wonderful and have an exciting plot thought out, and the premise is promising. Superheroes in a realistic enough version!

^This. Do this.
It's wonderful, really. If you like comic books or stories about super powers, or just something a bit more original, then this is something to check out.

@ Naku, cool. Don't overload yourself, no ;)

I always tell myself that.
And then you people post more tempting roleplays.
I hate you all! >:U (Jk, Jk, y'all know I love you. ;3)

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Wow, thanks everyone! I feel so welcomed lol

Anyway, thanks for everyone's suggestions. Ill definently check out the Pokemon Trainer Academy and Atlantis Arising. Ill check them out and hopefully join in. I'm pretty sure ill do well here because I love to write (I want to become an author when I grow up)

Thanks for the warm welcome, i hope to see you all around

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So, in other news, this season seems to be a pretty lively one for the Roleplay Corner ^^ Lots of new, fresh RPs as well as old thriving (and reviving) ones.

Which RP do you think will be the next one to finish? And with that, I mean finishing in a proper way, with a conclusion instead of a slowly faded death that is too common ^^

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
POKEMON ODYSSEY: A NEW BEGINNING OF COURSE! Because I am awesome and propelled this rp to greatness. Because SV is there... and stuff.... I suppose...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I think A Rocket's Diary will have a good run and then finish soon enough, if the players stay as interested as they have been :3

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Will be harder without you around, but I'll see what I can do. I might even reduce the length by a little bit to keep it short, interesting and simple. I'll try my best x3 On the other hand, Pokemon Odyssey's gonna end eventually so xD

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
@ Red: I'm pretty sure everyone thinks It'll be Pokemon Odyssey, because Supervegeta. Besides, he's one of the few people that have managed to properly end a RP, and in less than a year!

I can't really say mine will end soon, after all, no one's got their first badge yet and we've been active since the third (or maybe fourth) quarter of last year xD Oh well, we'll end eventually, the RP wasn't revived in vain, after all :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I think it's so strange that back in the day, completing roleplays completely was far more common than it is now.

I'm hoping that me and ichiro can finish Atlantis this time around because we have so much planned for the future!

Everyone should work towards finishing their RPs instead of leaving them die. As long as two people are posting and interacting, you can somehow manage to write until your proper closure. It's a great feeling of pride to finish a Roleplay. Plus, bragging rights!

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
@Vato I think I heard that War Between Pokemon and Humans 1 also managed to end as well. This one apparently just started though so nvm xD

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
With this discussion over finishing RPs, I figured I would ask a question.

What new RPs do you expect to see come up?

Years
@Shiny - Well I have no idea about most other people really but there seems to be a trend of creating sequels and remakes of older RPs right now and I expect that will likely continue for a while. As for myself I have a more ReBurst styled RP planned for the future but it will be a long time before I submit it since I have 3 RPs going right now and I'm in several more.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I think it's so strange that back in the day, completing roleplays completely was far more common than it is now.

I'm hoping that me and ichiro can finish Atlantis this time around because we have so much planned for the future!

Everyone should work towards finishing their RPs instead of leaving them die. As long as two people are posting and interacting, you can somehow manage to write until your proper closure. It's a great feeling of pride to finish a Roleplay. Plus, bragging rights!
If you look at the start and finish dates of the RPs in the library, you'll see that many of them only lasted a few months. Some were only "acts" or parts of a bigger story and when it was finished, the GM moved on and created a new thread for the new part.

But the main thing that made RPs finish in just a matter of months is that people used to post more often than now. Actually.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
One thing I found out about RPs was that posts then were a bit shorter than posts today. Even though Alter Ego was a much harsher mod than RHCP or Skymin when it came to keeping up the quality of RPs, from what I read in threads.

Also RPs were more episodic in nature. Instead of having a long storyline in one thread GMs broke them up into acts or episodes. I guess that helped people stay excited about the RPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back