• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years

Welcome to the Official Generation IV Question and Answer Thread!

This thread is a consolidated area where all simple questions about the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum versions can be asked.

So what should I post here?

As you should all know, the main body of the forum is the place to submit threads that will create discussion amongst the other members of the forum, and submitting threads to ask a simple question simply pushes these worthwhile discussions down the page and out of view. So basically, any question that would get the same or similar answers from everybody who replies should be asked in this thread, as they will not create any discussion whatsoever. You can also use this thread to ask if your Pokémon is legitimate or not.

What about my team?

In-game teams should be posted in the In-Game Team Help subforum. Team rates for competitive teams should be asked in the Strategies and Movesets forum.

Well, that's it! Thanks for using the thread, and don't forget to ask the kind chaps who look at this thread for help if you need it!

Breeding Questions

What's acceptable in this thread. Here are some examples:

• How do you get <insert egg move> on <random Pokemon>?
  • Why isn't <Pokemon> breeding with <Pokemon>?
  • What item do I need to breed <Pokemon>?

Questions about soft resetting are also acceptable here.

Here's a rundown of some of the more common questions:

• Can you breed a Shiny Pokemon from Shiny Parents? The Answer is No.
  • How does one pass on TM from parent to child? The Father must know the move and the child must be capable of learning the TM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Where is the best place to make money in Diamond and Pearl

Cause im like broke and i need money for ultra balls and max repels Fast

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
i'd guess the best way to make money would be to use vs seeker and fight trainers again.. or do pokemon league again if you're that far and if you have high level pokemon to do it quickly and easily.

.Nighthawk.

guardian of pokemon
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2010
a good way to get loads of money is to go underground and spend sometime digging up treasures and selling them when you get back to the land

Chuchan

Cute and full of royalty
Years
Raising Tyrogue in D/P

Ok the thing is I have a Tyrogue egg. When it hatches I'll like to evolve it to a Hitmontop. But the thing is I know its attack and defence have to be equal. Any tips of doing this?

Years
Ok the thing is I have a Tyrogue egg. When it hatches I'll like to evolve it to a Hitmontop. But the thing is I know its attack and defence have to be equal. Any tips of doing this?

Use plenty of vitamins to try to maintain equal attack+Defense on him.If you're not ready at lvl 20,make him hold an everstone and remove it when he'd ready,then level up.

Years

By the Backlot mansion, there are two trainers: A Socialite and a Gentleman. They use a Roselia and a Chatot respectively. For beating them when their Pokemon are lv. 60 (this will require a few VS Seeker rematches beforehand), you get
Pok%C3%A9buck_sign.gif
24000 each. Holding an Amulet Coin doubles the amount of money. This is an easy way to grind for money since these Pokemon are generally easy to KO.

I suggest that you train it to lv. 19 first. Then, if its stats aren't equal, use Proteins or Irons, depending on your needs, to boost the lower stat until they are both equal. If it doesn't work the first time, try again on the next level until you succeed.

If you plan on EV training it, I suggest that you use the EV reduction berries such as Pomeg, Kelpsy, and Tamato. So you can make sure what EVs you're Hitmontop is getting. If not, then just ignore this part.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Elite Four, just battle them over and over, each one of them provides tons of money.
As everyone said, vitamins such as Proteins and Iron, get them at Veilstone Department Store, and to get the money to buy them, see what I stated above.

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
Team galactic HQ card problems

Yes I know im a Noob but I need some help.

I am stuck on my Pokemon pearl and i really dont know what to do.

I currently have 4 Gym badges and im trying to get into the Heartstone one but of course she isent there. This is because i havent got that potion for the psyducks because cythia isent at the lake.

Now from my very reliable source I have learnt that this is because I first need to empty the Veilstone Team galactic building BUT....

I dont have the HQ key.

Where and if not how can i find a way of doing this.

Thanks

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Yes I know im a Noob but I need some help.

I am stuck on my Pokemon pearl and i really dont know what to do.

I currently have 4 Gym badges and im trying to get into the Heartstone one but of course she isent there. This is because i havent got that potion for the psyducks because cythia isent at the lake.

Now from my very reliable source I have learnt that this is because I first need to empty the Veilstone Team galactic building BUT....

I dont have the HQ key.

Where and if not how can i find a way of doing this.

Thanks
Did you chase after the grunt in Pastoria City that leads to Cynthia?

Years
After you beat Wake, you should've battled your rival. Afterwards, there is a grunt by the entrance to the Great Marsh (Safari Zone). If you talk to him he will run away like a coward. After some series of events (drawing blanks here XD), Cynthia will appear and give you a Secretpotion which you use to get rid of the Psyduck blocking the path by the Cafe on Route 210 and a Key Item called an Old Charm to deliver to her Grandmother in Celestic Town, which is located past where the Psyduck were blocking the path. Then some crucial plot points happen that I don't want to spoil, so you should figure out how to go on from this point unless you're really desperate. Afterwards though, you should be able to challenge the Hearthome gym.
Hope this helps somewhat.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
Okay I have a couple questions.

1. Where do you get the chain Pokemon app? (the one that shows you your highest chains)

2. Where is the move deleter at?

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
Yes but where did the Grunt go?
The problem is cythia isent at the lake I need to know what to do so that she appears

And iInever beat my rival after Wake nothing happend.....maybe should go back to Pastoria and see

Years
1. Professor Oak gives it to you when you first enter the Pal Park after receiving the Pokeradar.

2. Pastoria City. Southeastern most house. Ayayayayaya... Thinking of move tutor. Canalave City. Right below the Pokemon Center.

@ matt561: Head in the right (-->) direction.

Last edited:

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2010
Okay guys, need some suggestions for those of you that have faint clue on the OU metagame. I don't need experts in any way, just suggestions:
Well, I'm looking at stuff to breed (OU) and don't know what I should do next. I'm capable of doing it all from IV's to Hidden Power, so I'm wondering what OU (or former BL) pokes I should breed. Give me a list of 3 so I have alternatives, seeing as I already have a stockpile.

Use this form:
Pokemon@Nature
Variant (Example: Mixper, Curselax, Scarf Flygon, CB Gross)
Hidden Power (If Applicable. Don't put stupid hidden powers for something that doesn't need it).
Moveset

Thanks for your help!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Okay I have a couple questions.

1. Where do you get the chain Pokemon app? (the one that shows you your highest chains)

2. Where is the move deleter at?

Ruby-kun, this isn't too hard to answer.

1) After obtaining the PokeRadar, go to Pal Park, where Professor Oak will give you the application.

2) The move deleter's location is on eastern Canalave City, below the Pokemon Center and the Darkrai event house.

Back