• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is your 'excuse' to buy BW2?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
I don't need an excuse to buy a Pokemon game.

Cards, anime DVDs, and stuffed animals on the other hand...

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
I'm not ashamed to love pokemon , but the guy at the cashier is a friend of mine that loves pokemon.Infact he works there to afford pokemon games.I bought B/W from him.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Because it's part of Pokémon. No other reason.
I'm not bothered if it's a bad game or a good one. If it's part of the franchise, it's going to be mine.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I preordered both at Amazon to get the gift :D But I would also buy it in the shop. I bought Blue, Gold, FireRed, Pearl in shops but now that I have Amazon, I became lazy^^

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I'm not ashamed. XD Anyone that knows me knows I still like playing Pokemon games. At work they see me playing it on my iPhone during my lunch break. xDD

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I don't need at "excuse" tobuy Black and White 2. I prefer to be myself around others so if theydon't like me or respect me because of my interests then I wouldkindly ask them to stay away from me. I'm just going to probablyorder the games online or get them at my local Wal-Mart.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Lol at the high schoolers who think Pokemon is for kids.

I wear a Pikachu sweatshirt to campus and get multiple compliments every time. So yes, I'll pre-order + pick up my copy without even thinking twice about.

I may just wear my Pikachu sweatshirt while I'm at it.

Years
I always go to the same store to buy the Pokemon games exactly the day they are released here so i guess this time it won't change much, i don't need any excuse, i have LOTS of reasons to buy it. When people say that pokemon is for little kids i just ignore it and justify it with their ignorance, that happens a lot too, i'm always talking to people about pokemon even though they don't really care/understand pokémon, so i guess i'm kinda asking for it ahha :D but whatever

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Psht, I am 22 years old and have no shame in my nostalgic love for the Pokemon series. I have already pre ordered my white two.

Dreadnought

Imperador
Years
I agree with everyone here. I don't need an excuse. I love the games and I have both version pre-ordered so I will pick them up at my local gamestop. The workers at my local gamestop are all good people and I talk with them a lot and have pre-ordered HG/SS/D/P/P as well so they give me a heads up on the pre-order and any pokemon events they are giving away from the store.

I don't need anyone telling me what I can and can not like or do in my free time. I work at Target and honestly we get all kinds of gamers at our store so I don't question what people buy. There was a pretty big group for HG/SS release at my gamestop so I have a feeling it will be even bigger. Plus my birthday is on Oct 4 and my work gave me the 4-8 off so I am gonna be enjoying black 2 and white 2. :)

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
I buy the games because pokemon was a big part of my childhood and it's fun playing games that bring back great memories

Fratunox

The Night Brother
Years
I tell all my friends that Pokemon could not possibly be fully understood by a twelve year old boy, and so playing it at my age is not a problem, or something to be embarrased about.

blue

gucci
Years
I know people my age who still play so I've got no problem with walking into Town and picking up a copy from Game. If I've played it for 13+ years I'm hardly going to stop now.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2017
Looking through this thread, I see "I will do it with NO HESITATION".

I have a bit of a reputation for being a pokemon fanatic, so anyone who knows me (which somehow seems to be everyone- I really don't understand how that works) will get out of the path between me and the game if they see me. XD

Back