• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
So I have begun hunting for shiny's in Platinum. Im right now trying to see if I can get either a Starly or a Bidoof. Will update if I manage to grab one.

Years
Ahhh, I did it! Shiny Latias is mine!!! <3

I found her at around 7pm today, 17th November! I was watching PewDiePie and SRing and I looked up about half way through the sparkles and nearly died with shock. She's so beautiful though! And just to note, no Shining Charm!
Eventually caught her in an Ultra Ball after 2 Super Fangs and many hypnosis', she kept avoiding them... I also got my lucky colour medal, which means I can now trade over my other shinies to White 2. I wanted a White 2 caught shiny to count for the medal :P
She's modest natured, which I believe is good? Plus special attack and minus attack, not too shabby.

Pictures will be edited in in a couple mins when I get them on my computer. I took a fair few, sorry! My excitement is my excuse!

Thank you Chr. Drago for the luck, I think it helped! And congrats again on another shiny, wish I had that kind of luck!

Pictures! (warning, there a little big, sorry!)
Spoiler:

My next hunt is supposed to be Musharna, but it'll still be a slow hunt since I promised the boyfriend we'd work on completing the national dex together when I get Latias.
I also want to MM a Charmander at some point as I've never hatched a shiny before! I'll probably start that when I get the round charm, we'll see.

Anyways, 1 shiny is good enough for now! Good luck everyone else on your hunts, and don't get discouraged!

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Gratz Lunafoon.

I have hunted for Shiny Rufflet for a few hours now and haven't seen any shiny. I didn't count how many I encountered. I want to try to get my Shiny Rufflet before I get the charms. I am half paying attention when I am looking for them. So hopefully I don't miss it when I get. I think I am gonna start nicknameing my shinies. Too bad I can't nickname the ones I got sense they are from other players and HG. I may try to think of a name for my Shiny Haxorus.

I also now plan to try to hatch a Shiny Torchic later on sense the Shiny Blaziken looks so much better than the orginal. Hopefully I can find a Jap. Ditto in trade corner or on GTS later. I eventully want to try to get one shiny starter per gen. Think I am gonna delete a few of the ones I am looking for.

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
So in total my streaks for Starly have reached up to 49 in a row. Added together 258 encounters todat

Frenchy-Arcanine

Fire-anger
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Hey guys, I would like to join the club. :3

As you can see on my signature, I have 16 shinies and I only use 1/8192 method.
I hunt shinies since 1 year and 1 month, approximately.
I try to hunt regularly, but now it's hard, because of school. And my examins who arrived so quickly

Actually, I am hunting on the road 217, on Platinium, at night. With delibird's herd.
I also hunt Volbeat and Illumise on BW, 100% rate. But I saw 15 000 Volbeat and 15 000 Illumise so this hunt is in break.

I have a Youtube channel, where I do videos of my shines, but it is in french. ( Is it authorized to share the link in the forum ? )

I think that's it, thanks. :)

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Congrats on the shiny Latias, Lunafloon! I love that shiny. If I ever get White 2 any time soon, I shall hunt it myself!

Welcome to the club, Frenchy-Arcanine! As far as I know, the members who make videos of their shinies are allowed to post the video here.

I know I hardly post here anymore, I give you all permission to smack me across the face with a shiny Magikarp I come with a new shiny! It's been quite a while since I've gotten another. The last shiny I got before this one was my shiny Ho-Oh from some time in the beginning of August, I think.

Spoiler:

It took me 575 eggs to hatch him. And yes, I named him Watson because I'm a pretty big Sherlock fan lol.

I did make a video but I'm probably not going to upload it since my voice is so impassive that you'd probably think I didn't want to be making the video or something xD

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So after about 2500 encounters I am going to try the Masuda method to get my shiny rufflet/braviary. I got a Jap. Ditto earlyer in the GTS. Hopefully soon I will have my shiny.

Flydro

doobz
Years
Been hunting on and off all day, so I figured I would post an update while I'm taking a break.. So far the hunt for shiny Skarmory stands at 8192 REs with no luck yet, so now it is officially over the odds. I sorta mentally prepared myself for a long hunt since my last shiny on SS (Eevee) took 9401 SRs, so I'm not too surprised. I can't say I'm not disappointed though because I don't think I've ever put in this amount of effort into hunting a shiny before. Day after day, night after night, during breaks at school and work too, I've been trying so hard! Even when I'm not playing the game every now and then I can hear a faint echo of the battle music and stuff going on in my head! Does anyone else ever get that? lol.. but yeah I'm just doing all I can to stay motivated and keep the hunt going. I just HAVE to catch this shiny Skarmory, because at this point not getting it is just not an option anymore. Hopefully it will show up soon... *sigh*

Also, congrats to Draco, Luna, and NightofRemorse on their shinies, and a warm welcome to the new members of the SHC! Good luck to everyone on their hunts, don't give up!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats to all the new shinies! Welcome to all the new members!

@Frenchy-Arcanine: You can post the link to your Youtube page.

Even when I'm not playing the game every now and then I can hear a faint echo of the battle music and stuff going on in my head! Does anyone else ever get that?

I have a few times. Once I thought I had accidentally left my DSi on, but it was off, lol.

This week's random hunt is... Drilbur!

My Black 2 Journey Update: I had a significantly easier time catching a Jolly Terrakion. It only took two days and under ten attempts. I have all 8 badges now. It took me 2-3 weeks to get from gym 6 to gym 7, but only one day to get to gym 8. I spent my Sunday battling Team Plasma. Next I will be heading towards the Elite 4, traveling through route 23 and Victory Road.

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Woaw Guys! I've just looked at my Soulsilver for first time in ages and i have got 38 shinies there that i totally forgot about :O Can you believe that ?!

So that makes 41 shinies with the others in other games.

Anyway my Route 24 RE hunt is currently at 4192 and still going. Hoping i get a Shiny Bellsprout or oddish

Good Luck Rager out

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014

I give you all permission to smack me across the face with a shiny Magikarp

That could be a problem. I never find shinies. I might return to hunting when I get the Shining charm, but even then I would probably never get shinies.

Congrats on all shinies and welcome to new members. It just hit me a few moments ago, that the old members keep leaving and new ones coming instead, and occasionally old ones returning.

Anyway, what's the deal with the shiny Haxorus I keep hearing about?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
That could be a problem. I never find shinies. I might return to hunting when I get the Shining charm, but even then I would probably never get shinies.

Congrats on all shinies and welcome to new members. It just hit me a few moments ago, that the old members keep leaving and new ones coming instead, and occasionally old ones returning.

Anyway, what's the deal with the shiny Haxorus I keep hearing about?

There is a free Interactable Shiny Haxorus you can get once you seen all 300 or so pokemon in the Unova Dex in Black 2 and White 2. You show your dex to Juniper and she will give you a ticket to the Nature Reserve. Go to the town with Skyla and go to the cargo building next to the runway and talk to the woman at the desk. Once you get to the Reserve,there is a Shiny Haxrus standing in the center of the grass area you can battle and catch at Level 50 or 60.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
There is a free Interactable Shiny Haxorus you can get once you seen all 300 or so pokemon in the Unova Dex in Black 2 and White 2. You show your dex to Juniper and she will give you a ticket to the Nature Reserve. Go to the town with Skyla and go to the cargo building next to the runway and talk to the woman at the desk. Once you get to the Reserve,there is a Shiny Haxrus standing in the center of the grass area you can battle and catch at Level 50 or 60.

there's also a free shiny Dratini/Gible somewhere that's given to you

yeah, im still alive. i havent been here in a while, and yes, im still hunting. Oshawott has refused to shine for me so far, along with Charmander, so im taking a break and hunting in another game for awhile.

also, Flydro, it's not that you WILL get a shiny in 8192 encounters. it's EVERY encounter you get it's a 1/8192 shot that you will get a shiny

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Oh yeah. You get a Shiny Gible/Dratini,depending on your version if you beat all the areas of White Tree Hollow in White Forest in White 2 and what ever is the Hollow in Black City in Black 2.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I return again!

So... um... remember the shiny hunt I said I was going on? After a few days of that I got sick of it. Very. very. sick of it. I know some of you view the shiny charm as cheatin but I don't. The odds honestly didn't seem to different to me, even though they are allegedly 3x higher. But... that's not the point here.

So I was running around random areas if only to pass the time only an hour before I make this post. My friends had dropped by and we were getting food... One had sent me to victory road and they both insisted I keep hunting while we were out. So I did. I was bikin in the grass with an illuminate watchog leading the parade. By the time we actually left for food I had been biking around in that one patch of grass for maybe 20 minutes... and note this is a couple weeks after getting my charm. I'm waiting for them and kinda spacing out, as I seem to do with these things... And out of the corner of my eye I catch....

SHING! Sparkle sparkle~

A shiny! And not just any shiny... a shiny roselia... which we had JUST been talking about mere moments before the encounter. I was shaking pretty bad, shiny charm or no... and managed to catch it in one ultra ball after derping and letting my watchog die....

I didn't get a good picture yet... so I can only describe her...

Spoiler:

Again, I understand some of you think this is kind of cheap since it was found while I had the shiny charm. But... I don't care personally. I'm as proud of her as I would be if I RE'd her with normal chances... though after all the time I spent in a drought? I may as well have!

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I know some of you view the shiny charm as cheatin but I don't.

I agree, some people (like me) have really bad luck with shinies. When I get the Shining charm, I'm going to MM with 18x normal odds, and then my luck might even get close to Keruso's RE luck.
Oh, and, congratulations on that Roselia. That's a cool shiny.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I wouldn't call Shiny charm cheating. It's the first time there's been a real reward for completing the National Pokedex! Which is an incredible feat in and of itself. Plus the chances are still pretty slim. Even Masuda Method is still 1 in 1024. Which is a much smaller bonus than the Wild Pokemon get.

I find it interesting that Masuda Method doesn't get the full 3x bonus to shiny encounters. Anyone else think that's strange?

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I wouldn't call Shiny charm cheating. It's the first time there's been a real reward for completing the National Pokedex! Which is an incredible feat in and of itself. Plus the chances are still pretty slim. Even Masuda Method is still 1 in 1024. Which is a much smaller bonus than the Wild Pokemon get.

I find it interesting that Masuda Method doesn't get the full 3x bonus to shiny encounters. Anyone else think that's strange?

Not particularly. Masuda chances are pretty high as it is with 1/1024 with the charm... Any higher and I think it would ruin the novelty about as badly as rng does.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ya,Poke Charm isn't cheating. It's a reward. Cheating is actually using AR to get one for 100%. And like me,I have really really bad luck. Ever sense I started playing,I have only encountered 3 shinies total 2 in which were in HG and 1 in gold. 1/1000 chance is still a very small chance. I still haven't had luck with Shiny Rufflet,but last night I got the feeling that I would soon get one. Hopefully the feeling isn't wrong Lol.

Back