• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Distant

What Should Change?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

>JAVS<

Ahmm.. Updating me in PC :D!
Years
It looks good, but, you need new palletes and try to change the Mini xD
That's all :P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Now, I don't usually go for advance hacks,(Well actually I do, it's been a strange paradigm shift.) but this one is superb. I wish I could make tiles like that, all soft and...it's indescribable.
Keep up the good work!

-Ryan
(It's been a while since I've been using my first name actively on the boards. Actually, I've never been active. But I check every day, so I must be just lazy.)
To tell you the truth, if you look in the credits, they were made by Don Patch/Alistair. Thanks a whole lot though.
It looks good, but, you need new palletes and try to change the Mini xD
That's all :P
They will come in the future, after all, I'm only maybe 5 maps in out of maybe my goal of 50+. (Which may not be possible)
This looks awesome and these maps are superb, good job.
You'll mean OW's, right?

Also, don't post full maps.

It loosens the challenge to the hack.
Well, those maps aren't really supposed to be challenging, considering that they are at the beginning of the hack. And I'm only posting one more tops. And all the rest are going to be alot more challenging then these.
This looks like it will turn out great.
I wish you best of luck with this hack.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Thoroughly read the post. It says at number 8 that I will be eventually changing the overworlds. Most likely before the beta is released.

Years
ya, about the tiles. They don't really look like a wide plain (or spread) of grass. Instead they look a bit like bunches (think aloe vera, srry but i guess u get the idea) or dune grass or something. If that was ur style, or your intention, thats fine. I just thot it looked a bit awkwards.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Oops, my bad.

Spoiler:
I'm just using those tiles for a few maps. And all it does is make my job easier with a set of tiles. And there will be more than just those tiles for my rom.

ya, about the tiles. They don't really look like a wide plain (or spread) of grass. Instead they look a bit like bunches (think aloe vera, srry but i guess u get the idea) or dune grass or something. If that was ur style, or your intention, thats fine. I just thot it looked a bit awkwards.
It kinda is my style, but what I find myself doing recently with the tall grass is patching it randomly.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
You got real mapping skills.
Nice screenies you got there.
Good luck on it.
icon10.gif

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Hmm, my mapping actually sucks? Coming from people who never post here... Well, I'm redoing them all before the first beta anyways. Soo, back to work I go.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Whatever happened to Apocalypse?
Anyways, this looks pretty good although the storyline is a little confusing.
I am also against the using of other people's tiles but hey, it's your hack.
Anyways, this look very promising. Keep up the good work.
Oh and I don't mean to seem arrogant but will I be mentioned in the credits (you know, for all the help with mapping and all of my time spent writing ratings essays)?

ShinyL

guru rules
Years
I think you should change the name of this Hack into... I don't know, but "Pokèmon Distant" doesn't seem nice...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Whatever happened to Apocalypse?
Anyways, this looks pretty good although the storyline is a little confusing.
I am also against the using of other people's tiles but hey, it's your hack.
Anyways, this look very promising. Keep up the good work.
Oh and I don't mean to seem arrogant but will I be mentioned in the credits (you know, for all the help with mapping and all of my time spent writing ratings essays)?

Um, unless you rate one of my maps that will be displayed in the game :P you won't be in the credits (None of my maps I showed you are in this)

I kinda made Apocalypse crash somehow, and I had no backup, so I competely made a new hack. Soooo, yeah.

I think you should change the name of this Hack into... I don't know, but "Pokèmon Distant" doesn't seem nice...

Well, help me come up with a name then :P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Oh, thanks, go with Charizard, "Distant Supporter" and you can use your best judgement on the rest? :) thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back