• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Can somebody please tell me the right way on how to delink 2 maps? Because everytime I delink one, the other one will become messed up and vice versa.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
No, delinking is when you enter a map via warp through a door and it has the events of the map you want, but the map is switched with a different one.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
No, delinking is when you enter a map via warp through a door and it has the events of the map you want, but the map is switched with a different one.
oh that happened with me with ruby but never with firered try expanding the map and 7tiles of blocked out trees(if outside)(or darkness if inside) then make your map so it will be like there are two in one

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2009
Hi,

Sorry if these has already been asked... I tried searching several times but all the results where either irrelevant or came with no answers.
I started reading up on hacking yesterday and I'm learning a lot at a alarming rate, but I do have a few questions:

1.) Opening Credits
How do I go about replacing/removing the original fire red gamefreak/gengar vs nidoran cutscene with my own custom made stuff?
From what I read I use unLZ, but could someone possibly clarify this for me and tell me if it's possible?

2.) Pokedex
I see where there are programs to edit the lineup of pokemon in the pokedex, but is it possible to edit the layout?
I imagine I'll be using unLZ for this too, if possible.

3.) Loading scripts?
I have multiple programs that allow me to write pokescript. I get how to save them and apply them to maps, but I don't see where I can possibly load/edit scripts that are in fire red already... or is that not possible?
I ask this because I want to edit the opening cut scene where Oak asks for your name/gender.

Thanks

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
3.) Loading scripts?
I have multiple programs that allow me to write pokescript. I get how to save them and apply them to maps, but I don't see where I can possibly load/edit scripts that are in fire red already... or is that not possible?
I ask this because I want to edit the opening cut scene where Oak asks for your name/gender.

Thanks

Hmm... People have changed that. The only way I can think of is using Advance Text, search with that tool for his speech, and edit it with that. I'm not a scripter, but that should work.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2009

Hmm... People have changed that. The only way I can think of is using Advance Text, search with that tool for his speech, and edit it with that. I'm not a scripter, but that should work.

Thanks for your response! After spending a lot of time reading tutorials I saw a bunch of people mentioning A-Text and what it did exactly. That plus unLZ is what I need in order to change that scene I imagine. Which I want to change the background and everything. :)

Thanks again for your response.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Reposting, as it's on the last page AND 20 posts back.
Try repointing the data of both tilemaps.

i still need yape!!! if someone is running windows x, and is running yape, email me the program that is on your computer. the download is always corrupted for me...
[email protected]
What do you mean its corrupt? You'll need to download the .NET framework to get it to work.

Hi,

Sorry if these has already been asked... I tried searching several times but all the results where either irrelevant or came with no answers.
I started reading up on hacking yesterday and I'm learning a lot at a alarming rate, but I do have a few questions:

1.) Opening Credits
How do I go about replacing/removing the original fire red gamefreak/gengar vs nidoran cutscene with my own custom made stuff?
From what I read I use unLZ, but could someone possibly clarify this for me and tell me if it's possible?

2.) Pokedex
I see where there are programs to edit the lineup of pokemon in the pokedex, but is it possible to edit the layout?
I imagine I'll be using unLZ for this too, if possible.

3.) Loading scripts?

Thanks
1) Yes, theres a few tutorials around that tell you how to do it.
2) Yes, but you'll probably only be able to edit the graphics and not the actual layout.
3) XSE and pksvui allow you to do this.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2009
1) Yes, theres a few tutorials around that tell you how to do it.
2) Yes, but you'll probably only be able to edit the graphics and not the actual layout.
3) XSE and pksvui allow you to do this.

Many thanks for your response, i'm learning a lot!
Taking what you said and looking around in XSE and pksvui I found that it wasn't an actual code file I needed to load, it was it's offset which I could find on maps in advanced map all along. :D

I do have two more tiny questions before I'll stop being a n00b and get to work:

1.) Tilesets
Is it possible to delete or overwrite already existing tilesets?
I don't plan on using many of fire reds tiles, if any at all. Just public sets provided by others and some of my own tiles.

2.) Offsets
In FSF, i searched from the beggining of the rom and came up with 456794.
My question; This is the offset number that I used while scripting?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
1.) Tilesets
Is it possible to delete or overwrite already existing tilesets?
I don't plan on using many of fire reds tiles, if any at all. Just public sets provided by others and some of my own tiles.

2.) Offsets
In FSF, i searched from the beggining of the rom and came up with 456794.
My question; This is the offset number that I used while scripting?

1. You have to Copy and Paste Tiles over the Tiles in the Tileset, it is a process of Tile Inserting, read tuts on Tile Inserting for more details.

DiSCIclaimer

Is Taking Over The Earth
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2009
Ahh.... having problems with my overworld...
First evrythin looks oK... http://i31.tinypic.com/25hdg5u.png
Then when i come out of that truck my overworld turns transparent.... http://i27.tinypic.com/25zguf9.png
Then when i come into the house the same thing... http://i27.tinypic.com/2ivzfyx.png
When i come into the room evrythin turns normall.... :( http://i31.tinypic.com/n7md.png
Then in the beggining of the Proffesor script wer he gets chased by that dog my sprite turns into another couler again... < http://i29.tinypic.com/dg3rko.png

1. Yes i tried changin the coulers..... dont work<
2. Dis happens only to the boy sprite... caz probally i didnt change the girls sprite yet...
3. Tried changing the trucks palletes

Plz help.... tried lots of things but it jus dont work..

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
oh that happened with me with ruby but never with firered try expanding the map and 7tiles of blocked out trees(if outside)(or darkness if inside) then make your map so it will be like there are two in one
Perfect, thanks a whole lot. I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back