• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Jirachi: Eye Of Power

Metallimaniac

needs help with his hack!!!
Years
I'll get too work on some proof of my mapping skills.

lol, kewl.
it probably wont take much tho as i'm kinda desperate for help.

just as long as theyre not hideous like some of the maps ive seen on here :(

I like them being 'in flavour' of the other Pokemon game, not too square, random, empty or compact.

...just right :) lol

i'm looking forward to seeing your work

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Here's a little Route I made, with some scripts in mind.
View attachment 50533

1. The Meowoth seems to follow you, and when you go to the old lady outside she says she'll trade the pokemon for something.

2. The Route is being constructed as a small street filled with houses, and if you talk to the mart guy outside you can buy a house. When you come back later you will have an empty house to live in and it would work like a secret base, allowing you to place furniture.

Dunno how it would work, but Im sure it could ;)

It's slightly based off of Route 1 so that it could replace route one without errors at the exits and any extra effort to place it in.

Metallimaniac

Years
Here's a little Route I made, with some scripts in mind.
View attachment 50533

1. The Meowoth seems to follow you, and when you go to the old lady outside she says she'll trade the pokemon for something.

2. The Route is being constructed as a small street filled with houses, and if you talk to the mart guy outside you can buy a house. When you come back later you will have an empty house to live in and it would work like a secret base, allowing you to place furniture.

Dunno how it would work, but Im sure it could ;)

It's slightly based off of Route 1 so that it could replace route one without errors at the exits and any extra effort to place it in.

There's some kewl bits of that map (and script ideas are kewl too) but I don't really want to see map edits (keeping the same dimensions so that it's easier to work with).
I can fix map connections that aren't in alignment properly, so please, if you want to help, go wild :)

i'll PM you a patch of the hack so far, so that you can look @ my maps to see how i've done things so far.

Years
Rather than indexing DP Sprites, how about just using already-indexed HgSs sprites? Obviously, it's up to you, but Here is Wichu's Super HGSS Sprite pack. It could save you alot of time on the whole indexing part.
Anyways, I like the GSCish idea with more than 8 Gyms. Although you do know that, while FR has 4 worldmaps, it can only hold 2 normal-sized regions and 1 smaller region. Bear this in mind.

Metallimaniac

Years
Rather than indexing DP Sprites, how about just using already-indexed HgSs sprites? Obviously, it's up to you, but Here is Wichu's Super HGSS Sprite pack. It could save you alot of time on the whole indexing part.
Anyways, I like the GSCish idea with more than 8 Gyms. Although you do know that, while FR has 4 worldmaps, it can only hold 2 normal-sized regions and 1 smaller region. Bear this in mind.

I'll give them a try now :) thnx
and i didnt know about the regions, lol. i was planning on making one smaller anyway :)

Edit: Ah well, I tried that. It's kewl, but still has problems. I have to chop up the images to 64x64, and some still don't work cus the sprite is still too big.
Besides, I've yet to see another hack with someone using the DP sprites. My hack will be a bit different from the rest if I take the time to resize and index these myself. They don't take long, and always work when I do it :)

Thanks for the link, though

Last edited:

Metallimaniac

Years
hey metal can i be one of your beta tester for your hack i got so of my maps finsh and how do you make a gym with trainers inside can you tell me plese

yeah, sure. I'll be giving out "pre-release betas" before I post the actual public betas on here.

I'm only gonna have a handful of ppl testing it out tho. I don't need 10 ppl telling me the same errors.. but yeah, you can test ma hack out :)

Back