• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon League? Speculation!

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
So do you think we'll be getting new members of the Elite 4? A new Champion? Will they be characters we've seen before or entirely new ones? Will be finally get the tournament style Pokemon League in the games that some of us wanted?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I am getting the feeling Drayden will be in there for the sake of there not being 2 gym leader possibilities in Opelucid. For me it would be kind of different to see a new member period not just a champ that we have never see prior in the series, then again neither has two third versions . If there was a person from prior games that I would like to see in an Elite Four it would be Volkner since he always struck me as a cut above the rest and just as equal to as a trainer to Flint. Not to mention Shauntal mentioned battling him and Cynthia visits the villa in Undella so I don't see him being there out of the realm of possibility, although it's highly doubtful and unlikely.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
The only thing I think I can say for sure is that the Pokemon League's style will remain the same. No tournament, just facing the Elite 4 as always. (Though, that's fine with me. It's always been that way.)

As far as who will the Champion, Elite 4, and even the gym leaders be? With this being a sequel, who knows? No characters have been introduced yet. Still, this is a very good question.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like to see a new bunch of Elite Four, maybe types that have never been used in the E4 before like flying, grass etc.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'd like to hope that the E4 in the sequels will be different from the original B/W, and I think the chances of this will be quite high, given that Game Freak will want to differentiate this from the originals as much as possible. As for anything in particular about the members/types etc, I always like to be surprised about this, so I never really like to speculate! :D

blue

gucci
Years
It's a long shot but they could do it depending on your version one Elite Four Member is Fire Type the other Electric going by whether you have Black 2 or White 2 respectively, it's something new and has never been done before (with the E4).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I don't think there will be a new Elite Four. Maybe the Elite Four will just different Pokemon. To be honest, there's barley a possibility that there will be new Elite Four members.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I don't like that their types were too similar to each other in B/W. I like Shauntal's design so I'd want her to stay (or perhaps be promoted) but the rest of them could be replaced and I would be fine with it. Hopefully with more variation in types.

I'm hoping Alder gets replaced too... that guy just gave me freaky vibes with his attempts at philosophical dialogue. Especially coming from a guy who resembles the hired muscle of Pokemon Colosseum. I'm still not totally convinced that they're not related somehow.

Another female champion would be awesome.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I mean they can stay but they need to do more. Grimsley needs to come out of the League and interact with player. But yeah, I like the whole E4, great designs and concepts, so I don't really want them changed.

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
I don't think there's anything wrong with the current E4 + Champion, and Grimsley is my favorite character from generation 5, so yeah. It would be fun if they used the triple/rotation battles in there, though.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
You know, this came to my mind... how come the Pokemon games never used the following types in the Elite 4 in any region

Normal
Electric
Grass
Flying
Rock

Steel? (Only 3 of Steven's Pokemon were Steel. Maybe they should add another Steel user since there's more Steel types)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Normal, Grass and Rock can work seeing as they have no gyms with those types (The E4 usually doesn't have it's region's gyms share types with it ,with the excetions of Johto, Kanto (gen II,IV (Sabrina and what's his name were both Psychic users)), and Hoenn (E) also I guess Unova (BW) can be added here since Alder team was half bug like Steven's was half steel...).

I'll like for them to keep the E4 the same though, and replace Alder with someone else (maybe the player character from BW? White/Hilda for B2 and Black/Hilbert for W2?)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm not sure I want the champion being the protagonists from the originals. Do that, and the same problem arises that did in the 2nd gen games regarding Red... Game Freak assigning what is supposed to be "your" character from a previous game with an arbitrary team. I was outraged when they did that in G/S/C/HG/SS (and I'm still not sure why I seem to be alone in this), and I wouldn't want to see them pull the same thing again in B2/W2 (especially giving Hilda/Hilbert an unevolved Pokemon for some ridiculous and random reason). I'd rather see Cheren or Bianca in this position since their teams were pre-set (excepting their starter).

And Lenora represents Normal. And if you start with Oshawott, the first gym would be Grass.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Normal, Grass and Rock can work seeing as they have no gyms with those types (The E4 usually doesn't have it's region's gyms share types with it ,with the excetions of Johto, Kanto (gen II,IV (Sabrina and what's his name were both Psychic users)), and Hoenn (E) also I guess Unova (BW) can be added here since Alder team was half bug like Steven's was half steel...).

I'll like for them to keep the E4 the same though, and replace Alder with someone else (maybe the player character from BW? White/Hilda for B2 and Black/Hilbert for W2?)
I presume you are referring to the games GSC/HGSS. If the Indigo Plateau is representative of both regions then there is actually four. The already mentioned Sabrina with Will, Koga and Janine, Bruno and Chuck, Lance and Clair. So it is perfectly possible for them to have the gym leader and elite four with same typing.

I would prefer Alder be relieved or resign from his post as Champ, and let someone else take over i.e. his student Marshall or Cheren(who has already proved strong enough to make it to him and beat the rest of the Elite Four). If they had Cheren in there as a replacement I'd be absolutely content.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Unless its set on a different time line ( witch will probably be ) , i don't see a justification to change the Pokemon league

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm hopin for set battle theme'd teams rather than type themes.

Like a Status Team that focuses on using negative stats against you, or even metagame teams like trick room. Maybe more freedom with teams like one new E4 member beind a dancer and having a lot of pokemon that look like they'd be dancing.

@Lasabre
Red was the main character from Red/Green/Blue/Yellow. After Pokemon Yellow came out it was more fitting for him to be closer related to Yellow's game and Ash hence the Pikachu.

Lapras was from the Sliph Co while Snorlax can also be a Manga tie in where Red used a Snorlax in the Final Competion, and like Lapras, Snorlax was a major featured Pokemon. The Starters were a way of saying, this is the main character from R/B/G as well as giving relation to Yellow where you can assemble all of the starters and was again a relation to Ash.

As to why Green isn't a choosable replacement, the game's story already reads as Red was the Champion. Green did not exist in Gold/Silver, and no the events of the Remake do not count in the story line as it is a retelling of the story. Only reason we recieved an option for a female protagonist is because we received one since Crystal. Since HG/SS were carbon copies of G/S/C with minor edits, it would still follow the basic line of G/S/C where only Red existed.

As for possibly Champion: Cheren has the better chance. Bel/Bianca gave up her "trainer" dreams half way through the story and simply assists Prof. Juniper with her work. So if we are going for most likely champion to replace Alder its Cheren who's goal was to conquer the Pokemon League.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
leave them alone, Only thing I'd want is possible triple/rotational battle in 1st Gym ( this could be problem considering it is only 1st gym) and double battle in final gym. Also I'd want Gym remaches. I do not want new gym leaders! It would be wasted chance to have re-match with them!

Back