• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Perhaps the evil team could actually be about genetically modifying the Pokémon? Perhaps their evil intentions is to take control of Xerneas and Yveltal to be able to create their own versions of Pokémon to take over the world? Yeah something along those lines.

As for CoroCoro, I'm kind of getting this feeling that they won't reveal anything new, just probably some things about the Pikachu and Eevee Friends short film. But I hope they reveal more than just that, I hope they reveal Xerneas and Yveltal's types (which I may speculate that Xerneas would be Psychic/Steel-type and Yveltal as a Dark/Fire-type).

And if I doubt they would reveal a new Eeveelution as of yet, probably the new Eeveelution would be revealed on Pokémon Smash... not on the Sunday coming up... but the week after that one. Seeing as they've revealed 2 old Eeveelutions last week and 2 of them the week before as costumes... and I think there was also another two of them revealed the weak after that one as well, but I haven't seen the one on January 20th... so I don't know which two of them were revealed. So which ones have they revealed? Well as far as I know... they've revealed _____, Glaceon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Espeon, Vaporeon. If they have revealed Flareon already, then Jolteon would be shown on Pokémon Smash. But if they've revealed Jolteon already, then they've only got Flareon to go. So yeah... this Pokémon Smash could quite possibly reveal a silhouette of the new Eeveelution.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I suppose this is what bothers me a bit when concerning speculation. Not you guys specifically, but we all come up with these awesome and really cool ideas that could be in the games(especially concerning the storyline), and knowing GF, it's kind of doubtful that they would really be super elaborate with things, especially knowing what we've been given in the past has pretty much been the same formula.

• At the beginning of the game, x happens, causing you to do x, and you get your starter Pokemon
  • You then start your adventure and beat all 8 gyms.
  • You challenge the Elite 4 and the champion, and defeat them.

And that's pretty much it(evil teams included, I almost forgot to mention that), but what I really want is for them to really "break off" from the formula a bit, and test the waters with some new things in X/Y. Who knows, it might really resonate well with the fans~!

Yea totally. I seriously would love to see them break away from the status quo they've come up with and surprise us....even though I'm sure some will complain.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I kind of felt like a killjoy typing that lmfao but I strongly feel that we're going to get some similar formula or something, which is why I'm not getting my hopes up too much with these games, and I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, if anything.

So far, according to these screenshots, they're definitely different from what we're used to in our traditional main games(what with the screenshot of the main character swinging from a vine and whatnot), seeing as there's probably different methods of exploring, but how far are they really willing to go to break away from what we've been seeing for five generations straight? I at least hope so.

Nah it's cool; sometimes I feel the same way when I keep reminding myself and everyone that GameFreak probably won't add and/or change a WHOLE lot to the games....

.. and I can't help but feel that they'll handhold us through the "new cool features!" like vine-swinging and maybe the roller-skating stuff we've seen as well. That's at least some change!

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
See, that's what made me hopeful at first. Hopefully they include rollerskates instead of the bikes, and hopefully they made exploration of caves and everything else different, and hopefully GF continues on the right track that they've made since B/W and made the storyline more interesting, but how much can we hope, if that makes sense? ;O;

But I'm not going to be pessimistic or anything lmao, I like being positive and just hoping for the best in these games. n_n;

Yea it makes sense but it gets me doubting GameFreak :/ For example, the first two games of a Gen always seem "mediocre" when compared to the 3rd version which always seems to be the more refined, actual product that it was meant to be.

The exception of course being Gen V where we got sequels instead, but even then...those felt like what Black/White 1 should have been; by incorporating some of our old favorites (pokemon-wise) and making us head to the eastern part of the region which was never touched in Black/White1 PreE4.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, I hope GameFreak nails it on the first iterations, and not one that comes a couple years later. I'll still have fun with X & Y regardless but food for thought!

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Well, the third could be worse than Yveltal and Xerneas combined. We hear about it and at first only gym leaders/e4 are fighting it, meaning we can only battle a few who stay back (so 8 stay back, there's really more than 8, tying in with the more than 8 gym leaders thread) and we go along like a normal trainer like every other game and have struggles like every other game, but you notice bad things occuring in the region as you get closer to the area the legendary is. There's a team but the team is a vigilante team and trying to stop it without gym leaders/e4 knowing. Everyone thinks that they are evil though, given that in the past every region has had an evil team. However! Once you get to the 8th gym and bypass there, you realise what the "evil" team is doing and they explain that they're fighting the evil Pokemon too but the gym leaders/e4 keep getting in their way. Then they tell you why the third mon was evil, which is because its heart was corrupted, a throwback to Colloseum/XD and the third generation in general. Only you can help restore its heart, as gym leaders/e4 notice a fighting spirit within you, or something within you. Then after that you confront the evil Pokemon, and at first you fail. You're disheartened, everyone is disappointed in you, etc, but then the front way out is blocked, so you go the back way, and there you find Xerneas or Yveltal, and together you and the Pokemon go together (and its ability trumps the other Pokemon, somehow) and face the evil Pokemon and purify its heart. Then you go off on your way to defeat the remaining gym leaders, and the elite four - however at that time the "vigilante" team is annoyed that you were heroic and sets out to sabotage you and kidnap your Pokemon specifically etc, so it's effectively like two different stories that tie in really well. In the end you defeat them and stand in the hall of fame~~~~

Could be a nice twist :3

You should be in charge of GameFreak.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I quite like the STRONG SILENT TYPE thing they currently have going on and wouldn't like that to change. I enjoy the tradition of saying absolutely nothing throughout the entire journey except "yes" and "no".

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Yeah really I don't mind as long as the dialogue isn't really banal and blah. If you could choose what to say yourself it would be good, but I like to imagine my character is the one person in the region who has an actual personality (and doesn't express it because everyone else is too dull to understand it), so they'd best not ruin that!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It could be changed to like 'yup' and 'nah' etc instead of yes and no but I hope we don't get to choose much like phrases in the mall thing which we owned in b2w2 it was annoying :(

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I like having vocal characters but only if it's done right like Commander Shepard in the Mass Effect series or Nathan Drake from Uncharted.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Eh, having actual vocals might be a long way away in Pokemon's case, and I personally hope I don't see it happen because I know tons of people are pretty picky with vocals and it just wouldn't fit within the games at all. u_u

It's one of those unspoken rules such as Link from LoZ never having a voice outside of screams/grunts/yelps. GF won't be adding a voice lol

>unspoken
hah!

Years
I think it would be cool to have the main character say something every once in while. Even if it is just text.

Pokemaster234

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Actually,they talk.But they never are shown in text. Like in BW2's anime trailer, the main characters
spoke. However,in the games,Nintendo places it like this because"we are the characters"and Nintendo
wants to "make us feel that".Same for TLOZ.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Actually,they talk.But they never are shown in text. Like in BW2's anime trailer, the main characters
spoke. However,in the games,Nintendo places it like this because"we are the characters"and Nintendo
wants to "make us feel that".Same for TLOZ.

Yea that's been known...which is why (at least in my part) I disagree with our character having actual dialogue, unless it's done exceptionally well.

But we know GF doesn't change much.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I much prefer being the strong silent type. It allows us to give the protagonists their own personalities and let's us imagine what they'd say if we were them. Which technically we are them, and that's something I think GameFreak has always aimed for since the very birth of the games. So I don't think we'll ever see prominent dialogue for them other than the basic "Yes" and "No" options and what happened in B2W2. I hope the latter doesn't happens again and is just something that suited that special occasion; fingers crossed.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I think the only words we'll say will still be things like yes, no, go Pokémon, etc.

The first thing I thought of was hahaha

34513039.jpg

Guy

just a guy
Years
Can "Egg Emergency" make a comeback? I'd love to see more Stadium/Stadium 2-esque mini-games show up in X and Y. Being on the 3DS, it could work out really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back